EA Account Info? and "Launch"Net7 is a misnomer

I'm not even sure what to ask but I have been messing around with this installation for several hours, have followed all of the suggested fixes on the technical support page and nothing works.

Every time I click on the LaunchNet7 on my desktop, it says "Cannot display webpage" in the middle, "Errors occurred while checking for updates" on the bottom left, and "Current version: Version cannot be determined" on the bottom right.

If I go into my file folders and click on "client.exe", the game launches, the video plays, the woman shows up and it shows a box saying the game will be unavailable after September 2004 (why is that still there), then it asks if you have an EA account. Not EnB or Net7, but an EA account. I say "yes", and enter my Net7 username, and then it says "unable to connect to registration server."

I think I've done about everything, but if there might be some other option to get this fixed, I would love to know about it!!

Yes, I have installed certificates, run performance tests, checked LAN settings, compatibility settings, blah blah blah...

[quote name='Arzachel' timestamp='1313831400' post='44940']
I'm not even sure what to ask but I have been messing around with this installation for several hours, have followed all of the suggested fixes on the technical support page and nothing works.

Every time I click on the LaunchNet7 on my desktop, it says "Cannot display webpage" in the middle, "Errors occurred while checking for updates" on the bottom left, and "Current version: Version cannot be determined" on the bottom right.

If I go into my file folders and click on "client.exe", the game launches, the video plays, the woman shows up and it shows a box saying the game will be unavailable after September 2004 (why is that still there), then it asks if you have an EA account. Not EnB or Net7, but an EA account. I say "yes", and enter my Net7 username, and then it says "unable to connect to registration server."

I think I've done about everything, but if there might be some other option to get this fixed, I would love to know about it!!

Yes, I have installed certificates, run performance tests, checked LAN settings, compatibility settings, blah blah blah...
[/quote]

open launcher, top left click the word launcher, select reset updates

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1313838696' post='44941']
open launcher, top left click the word launcher, select reset updates
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip....but it didnt do anything. A box came up and said "All updates are resetted [sic]. Do you want to start an update check now?"

I clicked yes and it still has all the same errors. I still must not be doing something right or something doesnt have the right setting. What server, host, and port should it say? And should any of the misc boxes be checked?

I've been waiting for years to play this game again and of course mine wont work!!! Arghhhhhhh

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1313912212' post='44993']
Check your fire wall log. I think you'll find it is blocking ports we are using. Sorry can't remember which but our blocked packets report should show you.

Rolo
[/quote]

My computer's firewall is disabled and I just completely disabled the firewall on my anti-virus software. So I have no firewall between my comp and the internet at the moment.

I tried again and...still wont work. Has all the same error messages. I guess I wont be playing.

Thanks anyway...

Hi Arzachel, you will get help on this installation, just hang in there. This Dev team is very good on getting folks in the game. It just sounds to me like when you opened the enb-up.exe file, it wasnt pointed to the correct install location. I am not an expert in coding or troubleshooting the emulator but I just wanted to let you know that someone that is will come along and help you get up and running. Dont give up, I know the Devs and the player-base would love to have you ingame, Cheers, [b][i]GALI[/i][/b]

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1313944903' post='45005']
I have zipped up my Net7 Directory. unzip it to you Net7 directory and try running the launcher. Post a screenshot of any error you get.

Rolo
[/quote]

Well at least I have the updated version of Net7 now. When I tried to "Reset updates" on the old version, it didnt update anything.

So I tried running the launcher again and the same thing happened. The problem could be what Gali said - that the files arent in the right folders. I re-checked the directions and I have no idea if the files are together in the right folders or not. I have mine arranged: C:\NET7Live and C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES.

Here is a screen shot of the Net7 launcher:
[attachment=993:L7error.png]

[quote name='Arzachel' timestamp='1313979438' post='45016']
Well at least I have the updated version of Net7 now. When I tried to "Reset updates" on the old version, it didnt update anything.

So I tried running the launcher again and the same thing happened. The problem could be what Gali said - that the files arent in the right folders. I re-checked the directions and I have no idea if the files are together in the right folders or not. I have mine arranged: C:\NET7Live and C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES.

Here is a screen shot of the Net7 launcher:
[attachment=993:L7error.png]
[/quote]

And like I said earlier, I can get into the game by clicking on "client.exe" directly from "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release" but when I try to log in, this is the message I get:[attachment=994:EAlogin.png]

heya, In your Net7 launcher, your local IP should read 192.168.1.120 ... yours is reading 192.168.1.18 ... I believe that IP was for an older server. Best of Luck, [i][b]GALI[/b][/i]

[quote name='Galileo' timestamp='1313989303' post='45018']
heya, In your Net7 launcher, your local IP should read 192.168.1.120 ... yours is reading 192.168.1.18 ... I believe that IP was for an older server. Best of Luck, [i][b]GALI[/b][/i]
[/quote]
IP Address is the local one on your own machine. It is not the problem I don't think. I will look into the code tonight and see if I can find out what you are missing. The launcher will automatically start the game for you so you need to make sure that the launcher points to the correct client file (top of dialog. If it does not use the 'browse' button to find the file. on my system it is 'C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe' . Note this is client.exe not any other file.

Rolo

Can you see if you can access the following web page. "http://www.net-7.org/LauncherUpdates/".

Also you will need to make sure you have the latest versions of Net Framework. I think you need 3.5 and 4 will chck tonight.

Can you let me know what operating system you are using too please.

Rolo

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1314035746' post='45046']
Also change the server name from sunrise.net-7.org to play.net-7.org. Think that may help.

Rolo
[/quote]

I think what I need to do is delete everything I've downloaded and start from scratch. I've downloaded so many things and probably have multiple copies of them on my computer. The problem that seems to make the most sense is that I dont have the right files in the right folders - and the primary error message always says that Net7 cant connect to any of the servers.

If its not too much trouble, could you send me a detailed list of instructions with exactly what to download and primarily where to install it - like do I download the Net7 file on the download page here as well as the updated Net7 zip file you sent and to what file do I direct the enb_up.exe update. Do the Net7 files go in the same folder as the EnB files, etc. I followed exactly the directions on the forum - including downloading the sunrise.zip file and the microsoft.NET 4 Framework.

Thanks for all of the help - I guess my computer knowledge isnt as vast as I thought it was. :)

This error is caused by one of two things:

1) You are not running the launcher as an admin therefore it cannot create necessary files at the root of your C drive. (since that's where you have our folder, at least presumably, I know vista and 7 are quirky about things being at the root of the system drive, its looking for the address and trying to read it in from an XML file stored in Net7\bin, but not finding it therefore the parameter for 'address' is coming back as NULL)

2) You cannot connect or communicate with http://patch.net-7.org as this is where patch data comes from.

[quote name='rolo' timestamp='1313997135' post='45020']
Can you see if you can access the following web page. "http://www.net-7.org/LauncherUpdates/".

Also you will need to make sure you have the latest versions of Net Framework. I think you need 3.5 and 4 will chck tonight.

Can you let me know what operating system you are using too please.

Rolo
[/quote]

Yeah I was able to access the page above. I have Net Framework 4, do I also need 3.5??

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1314051897' post='45068']

1) You are not running the launcher as an admin therefore it cannot create necessary files at the root of your C drive. (since that's where you have our folder, at least presumably, I know vista and 7 are quirky about things being at the root of the system drive, its looking for the address and trying to read it in from an XML file stored in Net7\bin, but not finding it therefore the parameter for 'address' is coming back as NULL)

2) You cannot connect or communicate with http://patch.net-7.org as this is where patch data comes from.
[/quote]

Actually I double and triple checked that everything was being run as admin. I check the box in properties and when I ran the launcher, I right clicked, and then selected "Run as Administrator"

But I dont see how that could be an issue since there is only 1 profile on my computer, me, and therefore everything should automatically be in admin mode, correct?

You know your computer has really old files on it when you search for all E&b files and you find the original EB files installed back in 2003...haha Maybe that was causing a problem.

Oh yeah, Rolo, I am using Windows 7 *(changed the compatibility settings to 7 and it didnt do anything). And also your question on the server - I tried all of them, including the sunrise one, and they all had the same error message.

I'm going to try re-installing everything now.

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1314107922' post='45104']
Do you have any Mobile Phones sync'd with the PC as when I plug my phone in to charge from my laptop, I cannot run the game.
Strange I know.
[/quote]

Nope. I havent been able to run the game even once yet...

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1314051897' post='45068']

[/quote]

I can bring up the above webpage and it has a few hyperlinks to various files. And when I click on the Net7 Notifier file it says that the server is online. So if it can connect to the right server, why cant the Net7Launcher?

Should the compatibility mode be set to WindowsXP SP2 or Windows 7? And when you run enb_up.exe, what file do you update? enb.exe which would make sense?

I just dont get it. I've followed the directions and tried all the troubleshooting measures exactly.

A GM guy said he might be able to remotely fix the installation - I just want to know what I'm doing wrong.

[quote name='Arzachel' timestamp='1314135084' post='45120']
I can bring up the above webpage and it has a few hyperlinks to various files. And when I click on the Net7 Notifier file it says that the server is online. So if it can connect to the right server, why cant the Net7Launcher?

Should the compatibility mode be set to WindowsXP SP2 or Windows 7? And when you run enb_up.exe, what file do you update? enb.exe which would make sense?

I just dont get it. I've followed the directions and tried all the troubleshooting measures exactly.

A GM guy said he might be able to remotely fix the installation - I just want to know what I'm doing wrong.
[/quote]

ts.net-7.org catch me on teamspeak sometime and i will try to help you get going

"[color="#444444"][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"]Actually I double and triple checked that everything was being run as admin. I check the box in properties and when I ran the launcher, I right clicked, and then selected "Run as Administrator"

But I dont see how that could be an issue since there is only 1 profile on my computer, me, and therefore everything should automatically be in admin mode, correct?"[/font][/color]
[color="#444444"][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"]
[/font][/color]
[color="#444444"][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"]Azarchel,[/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]The reason I said this you can find in another thread where I quoted some text by MS. UAC does some weird things with the admin account if you've got it activated. It tries to force you into a standard user role. This is why they added the (to some) 'annoying' pop up to let you know something wants to perform an action that requires full administrative rights, which means it has to tap into the second token.[/color][/size][/font]
[size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size]
[size="2"][color="#444444"]see: [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5503-a-little-help-please/page__view__findpost__p__45080"]This[/url]
[/color][/size][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"] [/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]Now with that said, before I get too far into this, I was in a bit of a hurry, what are your specs exactly?[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1314139013' post='45128']
"[color="#444444"][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"]Actually I double and triple checked that everything was being run as admin. I check the box in properties and when I ran the launcher, I right clicked, and then selected "Run as Administrator"

But I dont see how that could be an issue since there is only 1 profile on my computer, me, and therefore everything should automatically be in admin mode, correct?"[/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[color="#444444"][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"]Azarchel,[/font][/color]
[/font][/color]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]The reason I said this you can find in another thread where I quoted some text by MS. UAC does some weird things with the admin account if you've got it activated. It tries to force you into a standard user role. This is why they added the (to some) 'annoying' pop up to let you know something wants to perform an action that requires full administrative rights, which means it has to tap into the second token.[/color][/size][/font]
[size="2"][color="#444444"]
[/color][/size]
[size="2"][color="#444444"]see: [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5503-a-little-help-please/page__view__findpost__p__45080"]This[/url]
[/color][/size][font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"] [/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"]Now with that said, before I get too far into this, I was in a bit of a hurry, what are your specs exactly?[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

Every time Ive tried running the launcher, Ive right clicked on it and run it administrator and it didnt change anything. The launcher just doesnt seem to be able to open up "client.exe" even though its directed there.

I dont know what all you wanted to know as far as the specs but I have an Asus UL50A/UL50Ag Series, Intel CPU U7300, @ 1.30 GHz, 4GB of RAM, 64-bit OS, Windows 7. Not the fastest comp, but its worked perfectly fine for other online games.