Brimstone Ballista Ammo, again

Tyran

According to the advocate Sneaky, the devs have given us the players an ultimatum to prettymuch SHUT THE HELL UP about Brimstone Ballista ammo not dropping, or the gun and ammo will be removed completely.

Sneaky is not reliable to bring up this topic up as he has personal interests regarding the matter, see [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5428-brimestone-ballista-ammno/page__pid__44262#entry44262"]here[/url].

Devs, these are the mistakes about how you handled the brimstone ballista affair:

1) Adding an item like the BB and removing it causes more unhappiness than not. This alone is enough reason to reinstate it (especially if you rely on donations!). And since this is a stress test why do you care so much about keeping the item from those who did not get it earlier? ''It was a mistake'' simply will not do for those that do not have it.

2) You cannot, NEVER ever EVER silence the people by threatening them. You will only create more willpower to oppose you. Also it is in the interest of those who don't have it not to shut up about it ever as they are in a lose-lose situation otherwise.

Suggested fix?

Add the item yesterday already. You cannot lose if you do this. Happy players play and donate more.

And if you do not do this, part of the playerbase may and likely will lose confidence in you being able to make a balanced game that keeps everyone, instead of the few happy.

So please devs, remember that this is not about not conceding to the players or who wins what, it's about keeping the majority happy.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I disagree with this. It is and always has been the devs choice what is dropping in the game. That is 100% as it should be.

Though I posted in the other BB thread, this is just silly. I think very few people would lose confidence in a volunteer dev team over something so trivial.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

okay, so devs say "don't do this" and you turn around and do precisely what is requested to not be done.

I can't tell if this is trolling, parody, or simple reading comprehension failure, but, suddenly I'm glad I don't have this mythical weapon.

Besides, threatening the devs with loss of money? It's a server emulator, do you honestly think they're in it for the cash? I mean, think for a moment, lack of cash means lack of funding the server, means no game.

All over a single weapon? Edited by muse
  • Upvote 3

[quote name='redcrowley' timestamp='1312802813' post='44272']
I disagree with this. It is and always has been the devs choice what is dropping in the game. That is 100% as it should be.

Though I posted in the other BB thread, this is just silly. I think very few people would lose confidence in a volunteer dev team over something so trivial.
[/quote]
Volunteer dev team makes them exempt from criticism?

They are not trying to run a zoo.

A game has balance, emotions and a lot of other things associated with it.

Tyran,

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1312802482' post='44270']
Sneaky is not reliable to bring up this topic up as he has personal interests regarding the matter, see [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5428-brimestone-ballista-ammno/page__pid__44262#entry44262"]here[/url].
[/quote]

You seem to be expecting the Advocate to surrender all his individualism when he assumes his role. By the very description of the role the Advocate is a player. If you are accusing him of not doing his job then you should spell that out for us. Sneaky both took the player concern to the Devs and also provided us their feedback. That is the role he agreed to take and which he has properly discharged.

Personal interest is a prerequisite for the role - why would anyone bother otherwise?

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1312803167' post='44279']
You seem to be expecting the Advocate to surrender all his individualism when he assumes his role. By the very description of the role the Advocate is a player. If you are accusing him of not doing his job then you should spell that out for us. Sneaky both took the player concern to the Devs and also provided us their feedback. That is the role he agreed to take and which he has properly discharged.

Personal interest is a prerequisite for the role - why would anyone bother otherwise?
[/quote]
Never, I am merely stating he has been silenced by the devs.

He made a post for us to shut up about it.

That is so incredibly weak from an advocate :)

They also said that when Lincoln freed the slaves...

This is not about the item, it's about how a developer that does items says that we better shut up or it's getting removed for everyone. That, now that is 2-year old behaviour.

Also it is poor judgement that a developer removes an item and then expects people to live with it while only a select few can use it. Ofcourse a fecal storm ensues when it involves L9 projectile launchers...

So to the zealots that think the devs cannot be criticised, without feedback they won't know what they're doing wrong...

I think the deal is they want you people to stop sending them feedback about how you're being discriminated against because you cannot make your own ammo. there have been quite a few other items that were removed(sunfocus for example). they are doing what they do. they are aware of the goings on. but to keep harping about your inability to find, analyze, and make something borders on tedium...

This was posted in the other thread but im posting it here for those who dont read the other.

Realy? Come on now, were better than this...... First let me reintroduce myself so those of you who dont know me get a lil idea as to who I am, the name you see so no point in going there. I was a part of the content DEV team when things started cooking. It was Kenu and I along with a few others who were going through all the weapon, reactor, engine and device effects sounds and the like. Later we updated the value of items lvl ect ect. Later we moved on to sectors and the things you see in them starbases navs planets mobs etc etc. Due to personal reasons I stepped down after a little over a year of volunteering time and came back several times and did tidbits of things you all enjoy now. I (lil over a year ago) attempted a comeback and it yet again didnt go far. However... Theres a quick view of the past.

Now about the BB, DT isnt even an open sector so it should of never been a part of the EMU yet imo. Now befor you go barkin hear me out. I am a PW and no PW should be without the BB and for dang sure have it printed (Wich I do not have it or ammo printed). The mission done to print it was NOT in live and again imo should not have been. Remember this IS an emulation of live (with some extras) and should for the most part remain that way. Bickering about an item in game is realy pointless imo. It wont solve nothing (on either side of the fence). They wont leave it out, it IS a drop from DT and its goons that live there. So why not be patient and wait for DT to be brought back?

Keep in mind this team IS voluntary, if they didnt take time out of there PERSONAL lives the EMU would NOT exist. Now I understand your point on the topic, dont read me wrong. Put it in take it out was kinda, well silly on there part. But it was fun for those that did it. Now everyone wants in on it. Well that is kinda like wanting to see the sphinx get built in Egypt. It aint gunna happen. :P It shoulda never been to start with imo but it happend and thats the end of it, water under the bridge..... Now Im sorta new to this ADV thing, seems like the ADV is more or less the DEVs eyes n ears for reedback from the community. (wich I thought was what the forum was for) :) But the ADV I suppose would save them from having to literaly read a novel in the forums! lol Bustin his chops isnt gunna fix things either. He did what he was supposed to do. Thats all he was able to do. Im sure he cant just add something because someone says it should be. Know what I mean vern? lol

Most of the players Ive met seem to be good people. The DEVs Ive worked with are a piller of our community and are great people as well. Needless to say they all have my respect and a online kinship. While the gamer in me has a respect and kinship to all other players in OUR ("our" being the DEV's and players alike) game. EnB has risen from the ashes left from EA's burning our "home away from home". That being said let it evolve and grow as it will and does. The DEV's got it this far, let them KEEP doing it the way they are. Personaly I think its great.

Now that Ive given my view on this topic I hope it will be a vibe of good nature and in a small part helps to open a few eyes and ice any stress or anger. The BB will be back it aint going anywhere. ;) Edited by Kurigan