Items not dropping: Beams

The following is a list of beams which, as near as I can tell, are not dropping and probably should be. Specifically these items are:

[list][*]Not tied to storyline progression and so have no restrictions (i.e. Virix items and Bogi items over lvl5, etc).[*]Have no player (i.e. not dev or gm) toons with the prints in the DB.[*]In most cases most of a line drops and only one or two are missing.[/list] [u]
Caveats: [/u]

[list][*]There are many items which I suspect dropped at one time by, but do so no longer, and many people (perhaps myself included) got the print. I did not include these items on the list as I have no way of verifying if it drops currently and I have just not found it. I eroded on the side of caution.[*]This was done without consideration for the database setting for item doesn’t drop or item has hidden drops as I think that field is mostly inaccurate. Drops may occur in non-player accessible areas and, in many cases, there are items which are marked as not dropping which do.[*]This does leave the possibility that an item drops by no-one on the emulator has found it – which I believe would be an unlikely or exceptional event.[/list] I am hoping that some of you can comment on some portions of this in case of any errors and that the devs can use this to address any missing drops.

I will be doing this for the rest of the item types (projectile, ML, shields, engines, reactors, and devices) as time permits and post them as I have a particular category completed.

Hopefully this helps.

[b]Beams not dropping:[/b]

[list=1][*][s]Adder EB-X8[/s]: lvl6[*][s]Alluring Laser Class J[/s]: lvl6[*][s]Antares MCG[/s]: lvl5[*][s]Appealing Laser Class H[/s]: lvl4[*][s]Axe: lvl 6 and lvl7[/s][*][s]Biting EMP AC[/s]: lvl5[*][s]Ceres lvl6[/s] and lvl7 [b]Vender Sold[/b][*][s]Cheetah[/s] lvl5[*][s]Clawing EMP Beam XY[/s]: lvl6[*][s]Coyote: lvl 5 and lvl6[/s][*][s]Crab: Entire line[/s][*][s]Dagger:[/s] lvl5[*]Distortion Array: lvl9 (unclear if this is story related, I do not believe so).[*]Fangs of the Dragon: lvl8[*][s]Faye DDO:[/s] lvl6[*][s]Fetching Laser Line A3[/s]: lvl4[*][s]Foxy Class F:[/s] lvl6[*][s]Grating EMP Beam 2b:[/s] lvl6[*]Green Kirin EMP: lvl5[*][s]Helix NGC:[/s] lvl8[*][s]Jackal: lvl5 and lvl6[/s][*][s]Leopard: Entire line[/s][*]Manta MP-X2: lvl6[*][s]Miffing EMP Beam 1A:[/s] lvl4 and lvl5[*]Orca: lvl7[*]Rapier: lvl5 and lvl6[*][s]Sagittarius UGC: lvl5-7[/s][*][s]Saturnus:[/s] lvl5[*]Shark: lvl6[*]Stinging EMP Beam XZ: lvl5[*]Stingray XP-X5: lvl6[*]Sultry Class E: lvl4[*]Torrid Lser Line B2: lvl6[*]Trident: lvl5[*][s]Vega MCG:[/s] lvl4[*][s]Zapping EMP AB:[/s] lvl4 and lvl6[/list]

Feel free to add, comment, or correct.

Nice idea to begin listing non-droppers.

There is one beam on the list that I can confirm drops - it is the Orca L7 and it drops in Antares from the Voltoi.

An omission from the list would be the Wrath of the Kokura which doesn't drop. In live there was a special encounter in Swooping Eagle near the planet from which the beam was obtained.

Thanks for the update Lott - I will note the Orca appropriately.

The Wrath of Kokura fell into my "story-line" bucket. I know some have it from Hulkfest but I do believe it is part of the advancement of the plot - or at least tied to a group that is in the plot.

A couple other points for the item devs:

1. The Orca lvl5 is a vendor item (Somer in NE) but the lvl6 and lvl7 are not. May be an error they should probably appear at F7 or GO.

2. On the Rosette LGS - the DB says the lvl6 and 7 should be at VT and the lvl8 at Joves. The 6 and the 8 are where they are supposed to be by the lvl7 is MIA. It dosn't appar at VT nor at any other station that I am aware of. Edited by Lannister

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1311089604' post='43407']
Maybe not all items are dropping for a reason?
[/quote]

Possible, though I can't think of a reason. More likely the obviously complexity of managing the number of items and number of mobs has allowed some to slip though. Hopefully I can help the devs find and fill the gaps. If any should not be dropping I doubt my post will change any of that.

Let me start by saying I appreciate your willing to find that which is not dropping.
There are 489 Items not dropping at this time.
Those that are Vender Items, or Items that can be abtained by Dismantle will not get my attention at this time.
Those that are storyline related will come later of course.

I have a list of almost 200 items that I am currently working on getting in, but the problem at hand is the lack of Mobs to put them in. If I keep adding Items to current Mobs, it reduces the chance of their current Table making it more difficult to balance.

There is a Dev meeting this weekend, and I will make this my priority of discussion.

We also have a Storyline Meeting on the 31st, and I will know more about what and when other Items can be added.

In my personal opinion, I feel we need more Mobs in-game to better balance the Combat leveling, and make the game more interesting to play.

Take the lvl 14 Mobs. There are only about 6 of 21 available that are set up (none of which would be dropping an Item from your list), but thats 15 of 21 lvl 14 Mobs that could be added.

On that note, if anyone finds an Item that SHOULDN'T be dropping from a Mob, feel free to PM me in the Forums, and I will respond within 24 hours M-F.

ALL feedback is good feedback, and I thank you for yours.

P.S. Don't let this thread fizzle out.

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1311096120' post='43415']
Golden Dragon lvl9 was dropping back off the lvl50 Bios in Xipe and Fenris - as it should be. Have not checked lately.
[/quote]

I don't believe it drops.

Yes I agree it was always supposed to drop from the Bio CL50s but it wasn't and then it was re-shuffled on to the Voltois but I didn't really believe that either. Now you think it's back on the Bio CL50s? The database says it isn't dropping so my faith is pretty low.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1311098935' post='43420']
I don't believe it drops.

Yes I agree it was always supposed to drop from the Bio CL50s but it wasn't and then it was re-shuffled on to the Voltois but I didn't really believe that either. Now you think it's back on the Bio CL50s? The database says it isn't dropping so my faith is pretty low.
[/quote]

It was dropping before the most recent round of reshuffling. Worth a check, it was a one in 20 kill drop or so. If not then I can add it to the list again.

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1311096266' post='43417']If I keep adding Items to current Mobs, it reduces the chance of their current Table making it more difficult to balance.[/quote]Sir, this is prettymuch how it was in live. Some mobs like the CL 66 Earthcorps in Luna had what I am almost sure was a less than 1% dropchance on the clydesdale given that only 1 ever dropped for me after 100+ kills.

And now you say it, it almost sounds like you don't have a drop chance percentage you can apply to each item of each mob. Instead you may have an equal chance of any item from the loot table dropping - is this true?

At any rate I doubt people mind low drop rates on some items - it keeps thing interesting and it means you cannot tell what the mob's loot table is in a glance.

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1311101893' post='43423']
To save time, I can confirm that the Golden Dragon lvl 9 is not dropping. I will ad that tonight.
[/quote]

I knew it!

And while looking at the table for Bio CL50s, might want to check it still drops Cygnus L9.

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1311103126' post='43424']
Sir, this is prettymuch how it was in live. Some mobs like the CL 66 Earthcorps in Luna had what I am almost sure was a less than 1% dropchance on the clydesdale given that only 1 ever dropped for me after 100+ kills.

And now you say it, it almost sounds like you don't have a drop chance percentage you can apply to each item of each mob. Instead you may have an equal chance of any item from the loot table dropping - is this true?

At any rate I doubt people mind low drop rates on some items - it keeps thing interesting and it means you cannot tell what the mob's loot table is in a glance.
[/quote]

I can set the drop chance per item and on rare loot can even be tweeked more, but the more you have dropping has to be factored in when both common loot and rare loot tables are set up. It's a balance between the 2, also setting min/max items to be dropped each kill plays a factor in a mobs loot table.
There are mobs with as many as 20 total items that can drop from it, and if you don't calculate all settings available, can change the economy of the game.(Yes, the Economy needs work) (Hense-why this is not a throw it in and add a drop chance to 1 item.)

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1311101893' post='43423']
To save time, I can confirm that the Golden Dragon lvl 9 is not dropping. I will ad that tonight.
[/quote]
In so far.

lvl 9 Golden Dragon Laser San added.
lvl 6 EB-X8 Adder MK VI added.
lvl 6 Most Alluring Laser Class J added.
lvl 5 Antares MCG-5 added.
lvl 4 Most Appealing Laser Class H added.
lvl 6 Axe Tertius added.
lvl 7 Axe Quartus added.
lvl 3 Biting EMP Beam AC added.
lvl 6 Ceres C6 added.
lvl 5 Sprinting Cheetah added.
lvl 6 Most Clawing EMP Beam XY added.
lvl 5 Desert Coyote added.
lvl 6 Trickster Coyote added.
lvl 6,7,and 8 Crab LGS added.
lvl 5 Dagger Max added.
lvl 5 Faye DDO 60 added.
lvl 4 Vega MCG-4 added.
lvl 8 Helix NGC 8 added.
lvl 5 Sagittarius UGC 5 added.
lvl 6 Sagittarius UGC 6 added.
lvl 7 Sagittarius UGC 7 added.
lvl 3 Saturnus IC30 added.
lvl 5 Saturnus IC50 added.
lvl 4 Most Fetching Laser Line A3 added.
lvl 6 Most Foxy Class F Laser added.
lvl 6 Most Grating EMP Beam 2B added.
lvl 6 Black Jackal added.
lvl 5 Spotted Jackal added.
lvl 4 Leopard added.
lvl 5 Clouded Leopard added.
lvl 6 Snow Leopard added.
lvl 4 More Miffing EMP Beam 1A added.
lvl 5 Most Miffing EMP Beam 1A added.
lvl 4 Zapping EMP Beam AB added.
lvl 6 Most Zapping EMP Beam AB added.

I will try and finish the list at the top of this thread by Sunday.

Any future lists, please use the FULL name of the item to help speed this up.

Cheetah lvl 5 vs. [b]Sprinting Cheetah lvl 5[/b][u][/u]

Evermore,

I will update the other posts to include more complete names. One correction above:

[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,]Ceres lvl6 and lvl7 [b]Vender Sold[/b][/font][/color]
[color=#444444][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,][b]
[/b][/font][/color]
[font="Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,"][size="2"][color="#444444"][b]While the Ceres is vendor sold it is sold at Sulani Highport which players do not have access too. [/b][/color][/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Doesn't drop: Hydra NGC 6 (L6), Hydra NGC 7 (L7), Hydra NGC 8 (L8)

These beams were non-vendor and previously only the Hydra NGC 8 (L8) used to drop - from one the variety of Voltoi CL51s in Antares. This beam appears not to be dropping anywhere right now.

Doesn't drop: Black Dragon Laser San (L7)

A non-vendor series of beams - the L5 and L6 variants both currently drop. I think this beam used to drop from a CL50 possibly the Bios in XT and Fenris and I'm fairly sure this was the mob that was dropping it (mob was probably too high CL to drop a L7).