Weapons and equipment help

I must be the biggest idiot - I played this game non stop years ago, and apart from the basics, I have forgotten everything. It is driving me mad!

Is there a beginners guide anywhere that I can read? I have been reading some of the old EnB cached pages, but they just don't seem to line up anymore - The enbdatabase site is a lifesaver though.

Basically, I am a Terran Enforcer - I bought devices and upgraded as I explored, I current;y have a Jenquai Restricted shield, a Program restricted reactor and a Terran (I think) engine, and Progran weapons. - are these the best?

From reading the stats shown, they look to be the best, but I do not understand what restricted means as I can seem to use it.

Is there anyway to see in game what extra stats devices have or should I just check the online database?

After this, I upgraded to EMP weapons as I thought damage to reload time was the best - then I found out that they can't damage organic - which does seem obvious, but I just didn't know!

Thanks so much everyone for reviving this game!

yes you are i big idiot. now before you or anyone else jumps all over me for agreeing with that let me say this. I TOO WAS A BIGG IDIOT when i came back and started to play this again :)

in all seriousness (relatively speaking) the online community is one of the best ive played with when it comes to MMOs. theyre very helpful with requests and advice. dont hesitate to ask anything.

as far as equipment goes id stick to Model X, Y, Z shields and oguns/Type B/ Type A missile launchers. if im wrong im open to corrections from anyone.

and with equipment research... youll get to know enbdatabase.com and enbarsenal.com very well.

gl friend and welcome back :)

PS itll all come back to you pretty fast

I must be the biggest idiot - I played this game non stop years ago, and apart from the basics, I have forgotten everything. It is driving me mad!

Is there a beginners guide anywhere that I can read? I have been reading some of the old EnB cached pages, but they just don't seem to line up anymore - The enbdatabase site is a lifesaver though.

Basically, I am a Terran Enforcer - I bought devices and upgraded as I explored, I current;y have a Jenquai Restricted shield, a Program restricted reactor and a Terran (I think) engine, and Progran weapons. - are these the best?

From reading the stats shown, they look to be the best, but I do not understand what restricted means as I can seem to use it.

Is there anyway to see in game what extra stats devices have or should I just check the online database?

After this, I upgraded to EMP weapons as I thought damage to reload time was the best - then I found out that they can't damage organic - which does seem obvious, but I just didn't know!

I think the best way is to check the database at www.enbdatabase.com....it also gives you the location of mob/vendors to find the equipment.

Thanks everyone!

I love lasers and never seem to use projectile based weapons in space games... but I think I am going to have to! Getting rather frustrated with the beams!

At the moment, I seem to be wasting money as I buy an item then I find a much better one... Is there a list anywhere that just lists the best ones for each level?

Also, now that I have learnt that EMP sucks, what do people tend to go for? I just can't decide between them all!

Beams for a terran is not the typical, primary weapon choice, but it can be fun. B)

Usually its: Terran/Missles, Projen/Projectiles, Jenquai/Beams. The major reason is that they can upgrade only these weapon types to level 9 (max). Another reason is that there are specific reactor/shield/engine combinations that benefit you when using the usual race weapon type. ^_^

As far as a reference to see what is available and compare and window shop, there is an old site that is fairly accurate (but not 100% as the Emulator is a new creation, with new stuff, but not everything you see there is in the game currently) -_- --- http://home.swipnet.se/Hubba/items.htm

http://enbdatabase.net-7.org/ Is the most up-to-date reference as to what is in game, Kudos to Slayerman, Great site man! - And the Arsenal http://enbarsenal.com/ Is great too!

Happy Trails,

TooTall

You can also get some good info from this site as to what is good for your character: clicky

ooooh yeah, I forgot about CraZboy's site, most everything on it is helpful, maps from live and stuff..

Speaking of Maps, Xulei, could you post your latest map on the downloads section, or something? ;)

Thanks,

TooTall

Progen restricted means that Progen characters cannot use, build, or analyze this piece of equipment, Jenquai restricted applies the same restrictions on Jenquai chars. Since you're a Terran you can use both Progen Equipment or Jenquai Equipment unless the equipment is Progen Only or Jenquai only. Since you're an Enforcer, (Terran Warrior) you cannot use any piece of equipment that carries the following restrictions.

1. Jenquai Only

2. Progen Only

3. Warrior Restricted

4. Traders Only

5. Explorers Only

6. Terran Restricted (rare, very few items carry this restriction, I can only think of 5 from Live)

Any piece of equipment that doesn't have the above restrictions you may use, provided you have the apropriate tech level to use. Which means you cannot use L9 Beams, Projectiles, Devices, or Reactors, since you only go to L8 in those items.

You want to max your tech levels (devices, reactors, shields) with the possible exception of engines, prior to L150. Max Missile Weapon. Use mostly MLs made by Terran companies, while levelling up. They will usually be your best choice though there are exceptions to this.

ooooh yeah, I forgot about CraZboy's site, most everything on it is helpful, maps from live and stuff..

Speaking of Maps, Xulei, could you post your latest map on the downloads section, or something? :)

Thanks,

TooTall

I don't want to double post it (and can't create a new thread in the Downloads section anyway). Having it pinned at the top of the General Discussion forum should make it easy enough for all to find. ;)

An admin could move the updated map thread to the downloads section if they wanted though.