New? Mob AI

(This could be interpreted as a whine); don’t you think that the mobs may be a little too aggressive?

It seems to me that a player with a visibility of less than 3 should not draw every mob in the immediate area.

Also most if not all of the mobs I have encountered lately can hack, and more often than not take everything from engines to shields off line (even the organics).

As a 150 TS I can’t even begin to fight this new mob behavior, where at one time level 20- 30s posed no serious risk to a level 150 they now make me turn and run more often than not. Even level 5s swarm so badly that they make it impossible to pull hulks or clear ore fields.

I have tried to get my visibility less than 2 but it seems to not make a lot of difference and I still stand out like a lighthouse on a foggy night. Is this the new and improved mob AI? or can we expect to see a bit of tweaking on them?

You can expect to see a [b]LOT[/b] of tweaking on mob AI as we go forward. Right now what you're experiencing is limited AI combined with all the right settings that we had from the prima guide and other such resources. As we go forward, we'll be improving it all greatly.

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1307552049' post='41885']
I have tried to get my visibility less than 2 but it seems to not make a lot of difference and I still stand out like a lighthouse on a foggy night. Is this the new and improved mob AI? or can we expect to see a bit of tweaking on them?
[/quote]

nothing's changed in the mob's detection code for quite a few months, although it's possible they've been given higher scan ranges, I don't know. The AI was recently updated so the mobs would try to reach a comfortable distance from you so they can still bring all their weapons to bear. With the grav link fixes and now that code is stable it shouldn't be too difficult to chase down mobs.

There is still a lot more to be done. The hacking chance needs a few tweaks - it should be relative level dependent - bad news for Tengu fights but with larger groups you can interrupt their skill useage, they take a while to power up.