Why wasn't stuff backdated/grandfathered.

I am REALLLLLLYYYYY getting sick of B adding things late to the game after people are either finished with a mission or passed a level mark, and not going back to either grandfather or update.

I know my problem goes all the way back to ST2 when the CFB mission was added to the HU for PS after at least 10 of us passed our last HU. Instead of giving the 135+ the chance, we got screw.
Now B you have done this TWICE with the AT missions. First you opened them up and linked them to already completed Hull Upgrades and locked people out. Now I use the stage II invite on shield to progress. I get to stage III only to find that I need a stage I builder to make me a shield. Funny as I was on of the earliest people to finish stage I Shield building, but of course I don't have the print as you added later and nothing was done to add the print to the ones already finished AGAIN!

All I can say is it would have been nice to give people a chance to catch up or even participate. I am NOT going to ask prre, lann, redd, a GM/DEV whoever for this build as it should have been available in the first place as I completed the mission.

Just let me know when you are done... as I will be working on terrans and jenquais.

Not to hash on you but this is not even a "Live" game yet, they are still working on all the missions and other essential things to make this a full game.
As it sits it is not even a full game but perhaps a taste of what the game will be when they do get done.

I wont argue that some things are frustrating and annoying at time when things get changed around like this but I think they all are trying to make it the way we want, but this whole thing takes time and complaining about each and every thing they change or do will not help move it along any faster.

Edit: I do agree that people should get a "Add-on" Quest when they log in were they can get the extra content they have added in each update, this would solve a bunch of the problems with people having missed newly added content. Edited by Maniac

• 1 month later...
In reply to Iceminer,

If you have completed Stage I then there should be a means for you to develop further because those missions have not changed in over a year or so. Probably 18 months now.

The last major content added was Stages II / III so I'm not sure why you can't get into Stage III if you have done stage I and II and have all the required Collegia Faction ( 8500 + ) you should gain entry into III.

The only changes being done to missions at the moment are cutting out some waste and text talk tree changes.

The end stage of stage I requires you to have an Security Optimal Override Alpha. There is a mission (243) which provides means of obtaining this item, via a rather crappy shield. However, this shield can only be made by Sentinels who took the Agrippa Technology Build Devices route.

You may be unfortunate to have mission crossover in the time where the missions were changing almost every day. To check this, have a look at your build lists. See if you have an Amplector Omega Shield listed in it. If you do and you have mission (243) then this is a normal route and you should have no problems.

If you don't then you did this mission way in the past when it gifted a CFB. Ask a GM to remove it from your log and if you have done the other Stage I missions which are unchanged you should then see a new mission which then supplies the means to continue. This is the means to continue only though.

Your Mission line:

Token Mission
• Get the Amplector Omega Shield take to Scuti {from a sentinel who has done device building of Stage I }
• Get the item out of the Amplector Omega Shield and take to Scuti, completes Stage I

• Complete Stage II
• Including paying for costs into stage III

• Start Stage III

I'll be putting a post in the GM section so they can be able to trace through Stage I in case this is a problem for others, however in your case removal of mission 243 may kick-start the process.

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Did the original post get lost in space? B?? It took you almost 4 full months to answer this? I sort of agree with both of the posters, I feel the frustration of changing missions and also agree that it is a stress test. It seems the less frustrating thing to do is avoid Progen until B says that the mission are out of the “Development” stage.[/size][/font]

Original post Date: April
Current: June

I'm in process of enhancing missions at the moment (cutting out waste, embellishing flavour text), but no dramatic changes. Token mission bonuses should be eligible to people (not sure why they aren't).

There is no new content as im trying to get the current stuff robust at the moment.
GMs have a full guide to Stage I of AT, but if you have not done the original Token mission (which is the same mission ID and the same mission as the very wierd pay credits or do missions for hull upgrades) early part of Progen missions, then there should be no reason why you cant get it

Other than those in the guides.

Actully figured how to enhance it for Reactor builders in stage I too...

As to posts, due to fresh install I'm re-reading all again..

[b]In fact, take it as typed, there will be no additional missions requiring specified hull upgrades put in for Progen now. Some missions may be incomplete (ie just talk trees that give the end reward as if you did a whole mission, true). But all can be completed.[/b]