Ancient Aliens - history channel

[quote name='Mneme' timestamp='1300857617' post='37059']
Your "theory" certainly doesn't fit that description. It isn't even an hypothesis, which is a proposal meant to be tested and verified/falsified. It's not exactly speculation, because speculation requires that one be attempting to find the actual truth of the matter rather than just making a claim and saying "it's worth discussing because I said it was". "Rubbish" is a good word and I'll stick with that. If that makes me a fundamentalist, fine. I'm also a fundamentalist regarding the fact that evolution isn't a lie invented by Satan, that various physical laws are in fact laws and not bendable by magicky-woo and wishful thinking, and that the sun is actually a star and not Apollo and his chariot or whichever god a particular cult chose to talk about this week.

The lack of logic and science in education in this country that allows anyone to believe any rubbish "theory" that any crackpot comes out with is amazing and appalling--such as the above, or the idea that we didn't actually go to the moon (one I've been trying to get this teenager to get over even though it's hopeless). I could find a rock in some ruins somewhere painted blue and say the culture was influenced by the Pleaideans (since Alcyone and Maia and etc. are blue stars) and probably make enough of a case to convince at least a few gullibles. That doesn't make the "theory" valid or worthy of anything but scorn, nor would I expect anyone to be obligated to do an in-depth inquiry before labelling it as rubbish.

Awareness of pareidolia is one of the key ingredients to any meaningful inquiry into this subject or many others.
[/quote]
whatever mneme, dude. i think you are acting a bit close minded.

the fact is that people all around the world are trying to explain something, to make it a official theory. or has it been done already? btw, its not science here, it's history, archeology, anthropology, arts and science, with science taking a lesser role.

the rest i didn't read because i regarded as waste of time, and waste of time is rubbish to me. moving on...

[quote name='Eviticus' timestamp='1300857897' post='37060']
The default position that in my opinion is the only rational one to have is to disbelieve something unless it has been proven. To take the opposite view, to believe something until it has been disproven, leads one to be open to beliefs on all matters of non-existent things. There is no way to disprove the claim "pink fairies exist, they just cannot be detected by those who do not truly believe they exist due to their special powers".
[/quote]
that's fair evi, but i'm a bit open to new ideas when unexplained (or less understood) things come to happen. i'm hoping the people who read here are as well.
does not means i believe in fairies either, just means i'm open to ideas and at some point will pick up or not a theory.

regarding these theories, i see some interesting facts, but there's a lot of things i don't believe, like pyramids powering space ships. does not add up.

history channel is not all about history. sometimes they screen paranormal episodes, theories (scientific ones, for example about space and matter) and other stuff. many things aren't proven or fully understood, we are still learning about sub-atomic particles... but they screen it nonetheless, like these we came to stumble upon.

for the most part what i am enjoying of these episodes and theories is the new things i learn about and see, fake or not, the new inspirations and thoughts it makes me have, and the link to enb and stargate - clearly the makers were inspired by this.

[quote name='LPCA' timestamp='1300864005' post='37061']the rest i didn't read because i regarded as waste of time, and waste of time is rubbish to me. moving on...[/quote]

My head now hurts from the block of irony ore that just fell on it.

ऊँ सच्चिदानन्द परब्रह्मा पुरुषोत्तम परमात्मा श्री भगवती समेत श्री भगवते नम:।

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]Just out of curiosity what is this?

Moola Mantra?
[size="2"][font="Arial"][b]Om [/b]- We are calling on the highest energy, of all there is[/font][/size]

[size="2"][b]Sat[/b] - The formless[/size]

[size="2"][b]Chit[/b] - Consciousness of the universe[/size]

[size="2"][b]Ananda-[/b] Pure love, bliss and joy[/size]

[size="2"][b]Para brahma[/b] --The supreme creator[/size]

[size="2"][b]Purushothama[/b] -Who has incarnated in human form to help guide mankind[/size]

[size="2"][b]Paramatma [/b]-Who comes to me in my heart, and becomes my inner voice whenever I ask[/size]

[size="2"][b]Sri Bhagavati[/b] - The divine mother, the power aspect of creation[/size]

[size="2"][b]Same tha-[/b] Together within[/size]

[size="2"][b]Sri Bhagavate[/b] -The Father of creation which is unchangeable and permanent[/size]

[size="2"][b]Namaha-[/b] I thank you and acknowledge this presance in my life. I ask for your guidance at all times[/size]

[/size][/font]

everything's alright.

[b]Appian Gate[/b] in Lagarto is a homage to Appianus, a roman historian, often referred as Appian.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appian"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appian[/url]

i probably should open a topic for enb references to history, facts, personalities, etc.