Client closing on login

Hi,

I've installed and updated and the game works fine up to character selection. But when I attempt to login the client closes.

The DOS window shows the following script when it closes:

Sending username/password.
15/03/11 06:34:40 TCP login link established.
15/03/11 06:34:40 Starting TCP login connection
15/03/11 06:34:40 Login link established to server.
15/03/11 06:34:40 Received account valid from Server
15/03/11 06:34:41 Received account request.
15/03/11 06:34:57 MVAS thread running
15/03/11 06:34:58 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3653 Avatar_id
= 1073799040
15/03/11 06:34:58 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3653
15/03/11 06:34:58 >> Commence Login check.
15/03/11 06:34:58 Sending Login packet - connection active
15/03/11 06:35:00 Sending data file 'GalaxyMap.dat'
15/03/11 06:35:02 Client has terminated. Sending termination signal.
15/03/11 06:35:03 >> Login check: Login OK
15/03/11 06:35:03 TCP connection on port 3500 was reset
15/03/11 06:35:03 Client connections terminated
15/03/11 06:35:03 TCP connection on port 3801 was reset
TCP Listener Thread exiting

I thought it might be a firewall issue, but the same happens without the firewall running. Any ideas on what is forcing the program to close on login?

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1300132755' post='36548']
Hmm wont checking both cause conflicts?
[/quote]
I'd doubt it. I believe they're designed to work together, actually.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1300138500' post='36554']
I'd doubt it. I believe they're designed to work together, actually.
[/quote]
Agreed. Packet Optimization was the first change Tienbau introduced and supports using larger MTU size - this is targeted at increasing throughput by reducing the overhead inherent in processing smaller packets. I'm less familiar with Prototype Reordering but suspect it has more to do with sequencing management in the event of out of order packets. Hopefully Tienbau will see this and chime in and correct everything I've just gotten horribly wrong. :rolleyes:

In any case I have both options checked on my clients on two different computers and it works just fine, which is the main point.

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1300139218' post='36557']
Packet Optimization was the first change Tienbau introduced and supports using larger MTU size - this is targeted at increasing throughput by reducing the overhead inherent in processing smaller packets. I'm less familiar with Prototype Reordering but suspect it has more to do with sequencing management in the event of out of order packets.
[/quote]
This is precisely my understanding.

yep you can use them both.

Also, linz, as people on the forums are probably sick of me saying by now ... Why do you use local cert?

Local cert was added as an emergency login system, and is deficient in many ways compared to not using local cert.

I know some people swear blind they can only get in with local cert ticked, but this is because they are running systems that aren't allowing the launcher to update the authlogin.dll and auth.ini files - probably a firewall that's been accidentally ticked to not allow the launcher to change anything.

untick local cert, a lot of your problems will go away for starters.

Packet optimisation and experimental re-order are totally independent of each other, so feel free to use both. The experimental re-order was tweaked a lot while I was on raids in the FB to give the best performance under high loads. I'll have to revisit it again sometime soon to see if there's any more improvements I can make.

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1300139218' post='36557']
Packet Optimization was the first change Tienbau introduced.
[/quote]

huh? the first change I did? I'm not following what you mean?

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1300141275' post='36561']
yep you can use them both.

Also, linz, as people on the forums are probably sick of me saying by now ... Why do you use local cert?

Local cert was added as an emergency login system, and is deficient in many ways compared to not using local cert.

I know some people swear blind they can only get in with local cert ticked, but this is because they are running systems that aren't allowing the launcher to update the authlogin.dll and auth.ini files - probably a firewall that's been accidentally ticked to not allow the launcher to change anything.

untick local cert, a lot of your problems will go away for starters.

Packet optimisation and experimental re-order are totally independent of each other, so feel free to use both. The experimental re-order was tweaked a lot while I was on raids in the FB to give the best performance under high loads. I'll have to revisit it again sometime soon to see if there's any more improvements I can make.

huh? the first change I did? I'm not following what you mean?
[/quote]

Within the context, only, of the two checkboxes "Packet Optimization" and "Prototype Reordering" being discussed (and the opinion that had been expressed that they were mutually exclusive).

ah ok, I follow what you mean.

Getting back to the main problem - I just had the same thing with one of my chars. It's difficult to get at the logs while the server is running, as the file is held open, and windows doesn't like you looking at an open file. What I think I will do is have a client command that dumps a copy of the server log so I can look at a live log.

The problem fixed itself after I rebuilt the proxy with some extra diagnostics (typical!).

I might have got enough data to work out what's happening, it's very confusing though so I can't promise anything.

Ok, I switched off local cert. Still the same login issue though. The game runs up character selection, then the connection drops out.

The DOS readout is as follows:

C:\NET7\bin>cd "C:\NET7\bin"

C:\NET7\bin>"C:\NET7\bin\Net7Proxy.exe" /ADDRESS:87.106.15.67 /CLIENT:"C:\PROGRA
~2\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe" /DEBUGL
Net7Proxy version 2.03
Params: /ADDRESS:87.106.15.67
Params: /CLIENT:C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe
Params: /DEBUGL
Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
15/03/11 14:24:07 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67
15/03/11 14:24:07 Sending login.
15/03/11 14:24:08 login OK
15/03/11 14:24:40 MVAS thread running
15/03/11 14:24:40 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3653 Avatar_id
= 1073799040
15/03/11 14:24:40 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3653
15/03/11 14:24:40 >> Commence Login check.
15/03/11 14:24:40 Sending Login packet - connection active
15/03/11 14:24:44 Sending data file 'GalaxyMap.dat'
15/03/11 14:24:46 TCP connection on port 3801 was reset
15/03/11 14:24:46 TCP connection on port 3500 was reset
15/03/11 14:24:46 Client connections terminated
15/03/11 14:24:50 Client has terminated. Sending termination signal.
15/03/11 14:24:50 >> Login check: Login OK

Guest Greensleeves
When I had this problem last week Cdel sent me this link https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/
Just checking compatibility mode fixed it then- somehow it got unchecked. Same problem tonight and I had to recheck compat mode again and also run enbconfig and set res above 800x600 and I'm all set. This was on my Vista machine. Win7 worked fine. Hope it helps

Getting a real problem today, unable to log in, have checked all the solutions above without any success. The problem I am getting is when the Character first appears in the Station I get a "lost connection to sever" message. On clicking ok it goes back to login screen (with no sound) on reloging and selecting character, it sticks on map screen (have left for over half an hour) on selecting task manager program reverts from running to not responding, any ideas would be appreciated. Using Win7.

Guest Cazziel
I'm having the same problem, The client tries to log on but it stops at sending logon & then shuts off after getting a message about MVAS thread is running.

[quote name='Cazziel' timestamp='1300644449' post='36908']
I'm having the same problem, The client tries to log on but it stops at sending logon & then shuts off after getting a message about MVAS thread is running.
[/quote]

Yes, getting similar results here as well.

One of the following two things got me back in:

1. Select in LaunchNet7 on right menu Help --> Check Certificate (installed new ones)

2. Ask a member of staff to kick the character name (case sensitive) in game. This way if you are currently ghosting on the server you will be removed from the slot and then could log in.

I'm not saying you had my problems as I was using a well known antivirus bloatware too that I reinstalled after it started to prevent me downloading any file...

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1300655260' post='36918']
Yes, getting similar results here as well.
[/quote]

same issue. I've tried everything listed and those on the other thread linked. Nothing. I still get dumped right after I enter my password.

I did however go into my release folder and run the program directly and it let me make a character and even showed me the sunrise server, but I couldn't log into it after character creation as it locked up.

bummer, I was really looking forward to playing this game again.

[quote name='Manticore' timestamp='1300855069' post='37058']
same issue. I've tried everything listed and those on the other thread linked. Nothing. I still get dumped right after I enter my password.

I did however go into my release folder and run the program directly and it let me make a character and even showed me the sunrise server, but I couldn't log into it after character creation as it locked up.

bummer, I was really looking forward to playing this game again.
[/quote]
What version of Windows are you running? Try running the launcher as an administrator, and in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, assuming you've already done the same for client.exe and run the E&BConfig tool.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1300876529' post='37063']
What version of Windows are you running? Try running the launcher as an administrator, and in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, assuming you've already done the same for client.exe and run the E&BConfig tool.
[/quote]

yeah i tried all that.

Something I noticed though is that even after I run the config and set my graphics up to a higher rez, it still shows the same lower rez when I launch it. But when I run the client directly it runs it with the higher rez. <shrugs>

I'm running Vista 64. But I set all relavent files to be as administrator and in compatibility mode.

[quote name='Manticore' timestamp='1300912676' post='37098']
yeah i tried all that.

Something I noticed though is that even after I run the config and set my graphics up to a higher rez, it still shows the same lower rez when I launch it. But when I run the client directly it runs it with the higher rez. <shrugs>

I'm running Vista 64. But I set all relavent files to be as administrator and in compatibility mode.
[/quote]
Are you running the config tool as an administrator as well? Do you run the Performance Test before closing it? Also, try windowed mode and see what happens.

[quote name='Manticore' timestamp='1300912676' post='37098']
yeah i tried all that.

[/quote]
I noticed that EnB doesn't want to run on 1440:900 on my machine, but does on lower ones which still look good.