Affiliation Skills

At L135, provided one hasn't been kicked out of their faction, which would require an atonement mission, the PE gets Call Forward, and the JE gets Compulsory Contemplation, what do the other 7 classes get? Or what are player ideas for each of the other classes?

I remember hearing that the TT would get impervious haven, not sure about the other classes, and I'm especially curious about the 3 new classes.

this is what i researched earlier, as posted in this thread

i propose this:

delay = time delay between each skill cast

casting = time taken to cast a skill

skills that interact very little' date=' no delay, no casting:[/b']

Repair Equipment (Combat) (JD, PW, TE)

Shield Inversion (Combat) (PP, PW) (exception to rule, because in live it was instant cast)

skills that interact little, fast delay (1-5sec), no casting:

Cloak (Explore) (JE, JS, JD)

Powerdown (Combat) (PS)

(skills that mostly provide stealth, therefore need to be instant cast, but delay-able to avoid abuse)

skills that interact little, no delay, fast casting (1-5sec):

Create Wormhole (Explore) (JE)

Environment Shield (Explore) (JE)

Jumpstart (Explore) (JE, PS, TS)

Reactor Optimization (?) (JS) - increases reactor capacity and recharge rate for caster or group

Recharge Shields (Combat) (JS, PP, TT)

Psionic Shield (Combat) (JD)

Call Forward (?) (PS) - call forward a skill over target

Repulsor Field (Explore) (PS)

Afterburn (Combat) (TS) - greatly increase movement speed for short durations over caster or group

Hull Patch (Combat) (TS, TT)

Nullfactor Field (Combat) (TS) - field which counteract environmental hazard over caster or group

Shield Charging (Combat) (TT)

Rally (Combat) (TE)

(skills that mostly buff or repair)

skills that interact a bit, fast delay (1-5sec), fast casting (1-5sec):

Fold Space (Explore) (JE, JS, JD)

Summon (Combat) (JD)

Gravity Link (Combat) (PS, PW)

Menace (Combat) (PS, PP)

Enrage (Combat) (PW, TE)

Hacking (Combat) (TS, TE)

Befriend (Combat) (TT)

Bio-repression (Combat) (TE)

(skills that mostly displace targets, confuse them or attack them)

skills that interact too much , big delay (5-20sec), big casting (5-10sec):

Compulsory Contemplation (?) (JE) - confuse a single target (attacks any nearby target, hostile and friendly)

Shield Leech (Explore) (JE)

Charm (?) (JS) - converts target for a short amount of time

Disable (?) (JD) - disables skill use on target for a short amount of time

Energy Leech (Combat) (JD)

Turtle/Quick Fire (?) (PP, PW) - large shield over caster or group for a short amount of time

Shield Sap (Combat) (PW)

Self Destruct (Combat) (PW)

Impervious Haven (?) (TT) - invulnerability over caster for a short amount of time

(skills that mostly cause massive damage to targets or give big advantages over them)

no info/opinion yet:

Confuse (?) (JS) - ??? might be the compulsory contemplation or charm skill, or something else

Distract (?) (PP) - ??? might be the compulsory contemplation or charm skill, or something else

Illusion (?) (TS) - ??? might create an hologram of caster (think Total Recall movie), to confuse hostiles

Analyse Weakness (?) (TE) - ??? might display susceptiblness to damage, list of skills and other info on target

(these i remember from my studies in 2005, but we did not found back then what exactly they did, we just speculated)

hard to make this readable... opting with colors instead of larger text for titles.

and yes, i tend to edit my topics or replies a lot till they look the way i want.

gathered info from these links and from whatever i recalled from the game :=)

http://net-7.org/

http://patch.net-7.o...ni/cskill_t.ini

http://home.swipnet....bba/classes.htm

http://home.swipnet....ubba/skills.htm

i mixed in my thoughts about skill delays with all skills available/in files/researched.

basically IMO its:

- Compulsory Contemplation (JE) - confuse a single target (attacks any nearby target, hostile and friendly)

- Charm (JS) - converts target for a short amount of time

- Disable (JD) - disables skill use on target for a short amount of time

- Call Forward (PS) - call forward a skill over target

- Turtle/Quick Fire (PP, PW) - large shield over caster or group for a short amount of time

- Illusion (TS) - ??? might create an hologram of caster (think Total Recall movie), to confuse hostiles

- Impervious Haven (TT) - invulnerability over caster for a short amount of time

- Analyse Weakness (TE) - ??? might display susceptiblness to damage, list of skills and other info on target

not sure abou the PP/PW skill...

check no info/opinion yet for skills that we have less info for.

most would be lvl1 skills only, accordingly to sources.

check links above :(

Edited by LPCA

this is what i researched earlier, as posted in this thread

i mixed in my thoughts about skill delays with all skills available/in files/researched.

basically IMO its:

- Compulsory Contemplation (JE) - confuse a single target (attacks any nearby target, hostile and friendly)

- Charm (JS) - converts target for a short amount of time

- Disable (JD) - disables skill use on target for a short amount of time

- Call Forward (PS) - call forward a skill over target

- Turtle/Quick Fire (PP, PW) - large shield over caster or group for a short amount of time

- Illusion (TS) - ??? might create an hologram of caster (think Total Recall movie), to confuse hostiles

- Impervious Haven (TT) - invulnerability over caster for a short amount of time

- Analyse Weakness (TE) - ??? might display susceptiblness to damage, list of skills and other info on target

not sure abou the PP/PW skill...

check no info/opinion yet for skills that we have less info for.

most would be lvl1 skills only, accordingly to sources.

check links above :(

There are a bunch of skills mentioned in the Janus docs that aren't used, more than enough for each class to have one. Many of them have level by level descriptions. I posted a zip that had some of them (I'd saved them from the old forums before the old forums died) here. (I'm over my attachment limit, so I can't repost it)

There are skills in there that aren't mentioned in your research, but the skills you mention, except for Compulsory Contemplation & Call Forward are mentioned & described there. But we already know about those 2 skills so it's not a big deal. Some have descriptions, some don't, all are a different color than the skills we knew from Live.

Some of the things listed are:

1. Drone Tech (with description)

2. Item Tech (with description)

3. Build Items (consumables, with description)

4. Progen, Jenquai, and Alien Lore (with description)

5. Progen, Jenquai, and Terran Culture (with description)

6. Distract (described no specific class)

7. Analyze Weakness (with description)

8. Salvage (extra item in drops, with description)

9. Tractor (no description)

10. Confuse (no description)

11. Turtle (no description)

12. Quickfire (with description, for PW)

13. Disable (PE, with description)

14. Illusion (no description)

15. Charm (no description)

16. Stun (no description)

The skills with description are described as having 9 levels. My guess is if they had been implemented they would have been changed to bring them in line with our typical 7 level skills. Maybe those skills would have been implemented later, had EA not cancelled the game, maybe they were unbalancing and simply didn't make the cut. Don't really know. Wonder if any of the developers have the Janus docs from the old forums saved.

i know about Item Tech, Build Items, Culture and Lore, but they dont seem useful anymore.

they look like pre- beta/alpha skills that were dropped.

Culture is probably deprecated by Factions.

Lore might had been related to exploration, probably deprecated as well.

Build Items could have been a general build, that was superseded by the various Build Skills.

Item Tech, the same, but with each equipment tech.

it's probable that Turtle and Quickfire are one and the same. or not.

Confuse, Distract, Charm and Compulsory Contemplation all look about the same.

accordingly to the docs pre-beta/alpha by westwood, Disable was going to be lvl1-9 passive skill.

but the latest info i saw, made it a lvl1 skill only. like the other new skills (compulsory, haven, call forward)

impervious haven was going to be implemented in the patch that never came to be.

Ability Name: Disable

Description: Skill level 1 creates a chance that penetrating a ship’s shields with beam or projectile weapons will temporarily disable weapons or systems on the ship.

Character obtains the permanent effect Disable, with a linked magnitude equal to the character’s skill value.

accordingly to the docs pre-beta/alpha by westwood, Disable was going to be lvl1-9 passive skill.

but the latest info i saw, made it a lvl1 skill only. like the other new skills (compulsory, haven, call forward)

impervious haven was going to be implemented in the patch that never came to be.

Ability Name: Disable

Description: Skill level 1 creates a chance that penetrating a ship’s shields with beam or projectile weapons will temporarily disable weapons or systems on the ship.

Character obtains the permanent effect Disable, with a linked magnitude equal to the character’s skill value.

Would have loved to have seen that patch. Was there also another sector that was supposed to come with that patch? Then again either way, patch day was usually one of my favorite days in EnB.