Change explore jobs to spawn small dead/live hulk fields

wootage

I think this would be a very fun way to handle explore jobs. Since one can spawn mobs from jobs, I'm assuming it's possible to spawn hulks, and more than one at a time. This would take the focus off of the whole "who's first to the known, mapped hulk fields" and imho work better for xps and faction, since you'd have to clear the micro-field to complete the mission.

And for extra fun, it would be great if some hulks still were "live" and able to move, shoot and be destroyed, so that explorers could group up with other classes for explore missions. Something for everyone :) Maybe we'd even see job groups forming instead of just solo grinding.

Yeah that could be done in a job. One of the devs is working on the job editor but I don't know when it will be finished. Currently all the jobs are manually set up in XML, which is why they're a bit limited.

I like the idea of mobs hiding out in hulk fields that are using 'power down' and appear as hulks with nice content, waiting for someone to try to mine them! Kinda like those nasty Angler Fish things.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that could be done in a job. One of the devs is working on the job editor but I don't know when it will be finished. Currently all the jobs are manually set up in XML, which is why they're a bit limited.

I like the idea of mobs hiding out in hulk fields that are using 'power down' and appear as hulks with nice content, waiting for someone to try to mine them! Kinda like those nasty Angler Fish things.

That's pretty cool, Jack-a-roids & exploding hulks were in a way the same principle. Perhaps when jack-a-roids are implemented they won't be easily discerned from the regular asteroids of the same type & level. Hulks in Live looked the same whether they were going to explode or not when you mined them.

hmm that's more advanced (and nasty) than I was thinking. I was just thinking of ancient wrecks that still had combat systems active and attacked anything nearby - mobs that had hulk appearances and didn't have a faction, but did have loots like hulks. That way there'd be incentive to team up and some hulk loots for everyone, since killing the faux hulk would yield a corpse.

<-- not a fan of soloing in an MMO, way too many other game to solo in :)

hmm that's more advanced (and nasty) than I was thinking. I was just thinking of ancient wrecks that still had combat systems active and attacked anything nearby - mobs that had hulk appearances and didn't have a faction, but did have loots like hulks. That way there'd be incentive to team up and some hulk loots for everyone, since killing the faux hulk would yield a corpse.

<-- not a fan of soloing in an MMO, way too many other game to solo in :)

oh I see, lumbering, ancient hulks that still have a bit of go in them ... that's pretty easy to do I think. And it wouldn't need any server change either.

Yes, E&B is at its best when you're playing with others. Even mining becomes fun with a group, and the bonuses are certainly worth it too.