How to Call Forward?

Rather than the PS skill like live, I heard something about there are different items now depending on skill level?

I saw something in the database but it was Progen only and had no source.

Can anybody advise me as to how the system works now? And the source of the items?

Many thanks

P.S. Is search broke on this forum?

You might be reading old posts Clavius;

Currently the Call Forward skill is working correctly.

A Progen Sentinel of Level 135 can aquire the mission to get the skill.

A player who wants a skill to be "Called Forward" (reset) needs to do the following:

1) Find a PS with the Skill!!!

2) Go to Arx Spartoi, Endriago, and trade with NPC Reclaimer Ort to purchase appropriate Biostruct resequencer

- Purchase the re-sequencer corresponding to the level of the skill you want reset

- The re-sequencers are single-use items; you must buy one for each skill you want reset

- The re-sequencers are non-tradeable

3) Meet with the PS in space , equip the re-sequencer, and let him know which skill to reset

4) The PS simple types /call [skill Name] while targeting you and you're done.

- Unlike live, you will not be sent back to base

- In the current implementation you cannot call forward Engine, Shield, and Reactor Tech

EDIT: Lol that came out more 'official' looking than I intended

Edited by irrelevant

You might be reading old posts Clavius;

Currently the Call Forward skill is working correctly.

A Progen Sentinel of Level 135 can aquire the mission to get the skill.

A player who wants a skill to be "Called Forward" (reset) needs to do the following:

1) Find a PS with the Skill!!!

2) Go to Arx Spartoi, Endriago, and trade with NPC Reclaimer Ort to purchase appropriate Biostruct resequencer

- Purchase the re-sequencer corresponding to the level of the skill you want reset

- The re-sequencers are single-use items; you must buy one for each skill you want reset

- The re-sequencers are non-tradeable

3) Meet with the PS in space , equip the re-sequencer, and let him know which skill to reset

4) The PS simple types /call [skill Name] while targeting you and you're done.

- Unlike live, you will not be sent back to base

- In the current implementation you cannot call forward Engine, Shield, and Reactor Tech

EDIT: Lol that came out more 'official' looking than I intended

Excellent, thanks for the guidance. Couple of questions

How much are the re-sequencers at the low and top end?

Is there a re-sequencer for every level of every skill? i.e. Navigate 1, Navigate 2, Navigate 3?

Does it reset the skill to 0 or just down by one level?

Im not sure if theres a lv1 re-seq or not. I know there is lv2 through lv9 though. Without Nego-skill traders have a lv8 CF device is around 750k and lv4 is about 100k, just to give you a rough idea. Put shortly, they are dirt cheap.

Thanks, they sounds quite reasonable.

And just to be clear, does it roll the skill back one level or all the way to 1?

• 1 month later...
I would guess that it does not Jarod, but I'll have to try to find out. The build list is a separate table, and I doubt they went through and removed the items from your build list, there are alternate structures in place that make sure you're highly unlikely to build an item beyond your skill level. (They power the "build difficulty" and if your level is too low, you'll just get a message saying you don't have enough skill to build this item.)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301253268' post='37366']
I would guess that it does not Jarod, but I'll have to try to find out. The build list is a separate table, and I doubt they went through and removed the items from your build list, there are alternate structures in place that make sure you're highly unlikely to build an item beyond your skill level. (They power the "build difficulty" and if your level is too low, you'll just get a message saying you don't have enough skill to build this item.)
[/quote]

That's cool - understand, I'm in no way trying to pull a fast one and exploit anything. Just curious about what happens if I have a builder char that I'd like to temporarily stop building something so he/she can, say, loadout a big beaming setup and go raise RD faction easily and then drop the beam skill and go back to building - and have their blueprints intact.

Thanks!

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1301254790' post='37369']
That's cool - understand, I'm in no way trying to pull a fast one and exploit anything. Just curious about what happens if I have a builder char that I'd like to temporarily stop building something so he/she can, say, loadout a big beaming setup and go raise RD faction easily and then drop the beam skill and go back to building - and have their blueprints intact.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Alyseria had max build engine and mapped the Prismatic Dragon Wing L9 engine, and made a 200%. She could only use L5 engines at the time...

When CF Came out she CFed negotiate and build engines so she could max engine tech instead and become a great combat TT. Build engines was completely gone.

I have since re-CFed and refilled my Build Engines skill. I still have every map I had before, so be at ease when it comes to temporarily CFing build skills. You won't be able to map anything, but you will retain previous maps.

[quote name='Alyseria' timestamp='1301261088' post='37390']
Alyseria had max build engine and mapped the Prismatic Dragon Wing L9 engine, and made a 200%. She could only use L5 engines at the time...

When CF Came out she CFed negotiate and build engines so she could max engine tech instead and become a great combat TT. Build engines was completely gone.

I have since re-CFed and refilled my Build Engines skill. I still have every map I had before, so be at ease when it comes to temporarily CFing build skills. You won't be able to map anything, but you will retain previous maps.
[/quote]

Thanks for that info, Aly, that is what I was hoping.