Forum Changes 1/31/2011

Heyo,

I've spent the night fiddling with the forums and I think I'm about done. Following are some of the important changes:

• Added big "Getting Started" graphic (I'm sure you've noticed) to the global forum header.
  • Removed the old forum-style redirect links in favor of a new "Quick Links" section in the forum index siderbar.
  • Wrapped the Teamspeak viewer in a theme-styled box so it looks a little nicer.
  • Fixed a bunch of CSS to keep the sidebar from going outside its own bounds (caused by the donation tracker).
  • Locked the main content division of the forum pages to 975 pixels. Please let me know if this screws up your forum view.
  • Shuffled things around in the support section; "Developer Support" and "Departments" have been merged.
  • The Player Advocate forum is now located conveniently in the Community forums section, right below "Suggestions".
  • Merged Guild News and Activities into General Guild Discussion (there was too little activity in each).
  • Added descriptions to everything possible.

Now... hopefully we won't have a crash tomorrow, like we did last time I did this. That was frustrating. :)

Nobody break anything!

Good job Cdel ...very impressive....keep up the good work .....as we get more people who never heard of EnB when it was live (launch was like around 9yrs ago) a guick and simple install and impressive www page will be vital

again very impressive

Searing

It's okay, but could you please get rid of that yellow background color that's been added to the Jenquai theme on the front page, and on the pages inside. The color on the threads, IMO, is better. (the thread background color is the same as the old Jenquai theme back color, and is quite easy on the eyes, compared to the yellow)

It's okay, but could you please get rid of that yellow background color that's been added to the Jenquai theme on the front page, and on the pages inside. The color on the threads, IMO, is better. (the thread background color is the same as the old Jenquai theme back color, and is quite easy on the eyes, compared to the yellow)

Ok. That can be done. Whoever converted the forum themes from the old IPB 2 format actually screwed that part up. All the backgrounds were supposed to be that beige color, which matches the background colors of the other themes, and it didn't match up with the graphics, which are still colored for the beige background. I'll change it back if you want, though. I'll have to see how difficult it would be to change the graphics to work nicely with the purple background.