Searing's Laptop...the Rapture ...and EnB

miracle or sign of apocolypse?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is this proof of the end of days? A working Searing Laptop?

• Yes......it is a sign from above
    • No.......it is a sign from below
    • Neither....it is just a coincidence

ok...tienbau..david....brace yourselves...my laptop (compaq evo n800v or spawn of the devil as many refer to it) now

WORKS....directly...from the launcher as of 1/4/10..at 3am CST...more/less....(after 1 and 1/2 yrs) without having to run a shortcut patch made by david (4 1/2 hrs of his life he will never get back on team viewer) to direct it to the server IP address.....not only that....it comes up without detours being checked.....as well.....its well a miracle......(bow's head)

but then i got to thinking....if my evil laptop is now one with the universe and working....it can only mean that the rest of the universe is out of whack....(very concerned now....shudder) i mean does that mean the rapture is upon us? is it the end of days....

probably...

but until then everyone can rest assured i will now cherish only having to hit launcher without spraining my little pinky on hitting the shortcut to the ip address 1 sec afterward....(i'm sure your thrilled..a savings of about 600 secs a year maybe...)

all is well in searing's world and with his laptop

(you should be afraid ....very afraid...)

a content Searing

p.s. did i mention that i now have on order the proper set of 512 mg 266mhz ram chips to upgrade the beast to its max of 1 gig ram from 512....of course that will cause no problems right?

Searing (wanders off mumbling...i mean what is the worst that can happen because my laptop is now standard for the first time in the enb emulator games history ...i mean its not like its a jinx...(ducks...)...hey!!!! who threw that?

David was actually looking for you. He made those changes to make it work without all the flags (for everyone) but he noted that it should fix yours and wanted to know if it worked. lol.

Hey Searing,

Are you using the new Launch Debug button? I made it to fix problems like yours :)

Thanks,

David

so what does the launch debug button actually do? As far as I can tell it just pauses Net7proxy if there's an error so you can read the message. So nothing's really changed? I guess something 'fixed itself' in Searing's laptop :) It's good news anyway!

Hey Searing,

Are you using the new Launch Debug button? I made it to fix problems like yours :)

Thanks,

David

nope works just fine in default mode no debug button is needed to be hit..so no boxes are checked unless you count the packet optimization which i have toggled on at all times...so detours do not need to be checked and debug does not need to be checked and viola it comes up with me just hitting launcher no hit on the shortcut to the ip address afterwords

it is true ..it is the end of days when my laptop is normal (now you will tell me that it should only work WITH the debug option checked ..because that was put there for me!)

anyhoo we will see how long it takes my evil laptop to "turn" and or break the "leash" you can only keep the powers of darkness at bay for so long.......

thanks for the fix and putting up with my "enhancements" to the project....game still works fine on a 56k modem by the way but teamspeak 3 does not work with 56k modem...so you may only see me there occasionally if i can drum up bandwith someplace...teamspeak does work well for this laptop if i fine bandwith thou

anyway....thanks for the help

Searing

so what does the launch debug button actually do? As far as I can tell it just pauses Net7proxy if there's an error so you can read the message. So nothing's really changed? I guess something 'fixed itself' in Searing's laptop :) It's good news anyway!

see my reply in this thread to david to see how it works also here are the screenshots of the launcher and the proxy i get with NOTHING toggled in other words it works from default mode ...no debug box or anything needs to be checked...in launcher..i do have packet optimization checked at all times it seems to work ok as well and as i stated before works fine with a 56k modem the game in general no lag (it is soooo slow it don't notice lag)

I'm running XP Pro SP3 with all the upgrades..again this evil laptop is a Compaq Evo N800v with 512mb ram (which i am getting 512mb 266mhz chips to upgrade to 1gig) it is a 2 gig cpu and a 120gig hd..and an impressive 64meg of video ram...zowie.....anyway avoid this product...

here are the screenshots assuming i can get them to post here of the launcher and proxy

post-184-12627458080233_thumb.jpg

post-184-12627458320724_thumb.jpg

anyway...if the pics don't take let me know i'll put them in a stand alone forum post.

Thanks again for your help...always ready to help the project by pushing the technological envelope in the wrong direction.....

Searing

Last point i saw in the pics that i had net-7 launcher (custom) so i tried it without the (custom) tag in the start slot works fine that way too does not have to be set for custom to work same as before works well in default mode nothing checked

i've attached also my last pic of the proxy on logon and a completed log out..just jumped on/off server to get a pic of a complete sequence i assume this is what it is supposed to look like ..but figured as long as i made the above point a complete proxy session from start to finish pic could not hurt

anyway works well thanks again

Searing

post-184-12627472124689_thumb.jpg