CTD after character selection

Hello, I am having nothing but trouble with getting in. I am able to create a character (have made two) I click on the enter>>> and when it opens the map screen it crashes. My brother told me to download this for my son to play. I am completely computer illiterate and I can't figure out how to fix this. I have tried several of the suggestions in the technical forum (easy to follow directions thank you) and nothing helps. Both of the characters I created have this same problem. I even tried redownloading the enb client.

Windows xp2

qwest internet

older compaq computer

Character Bugz

Thank you

Misty

Try this, I too run XP, I had major latency issues and crashes, still do sometimes but I think its my computer.

1).Launch Net7 Launcher.

Click on either the Packet Optimization or Prototype Reorder.

I recommend the Prototype Reorder.

2).Click "Play" on the LaunchNet7 client after all updates and it will come up with 2 windows.

One is the Dos window Netproxy. (Netproxy.exe)

Second is a EULA agreement. (Client.exe)

3).Dont click Agree yet.

4).Hit the keys (CTRL+ALT+DEL)

Now it will bring up the Windows Task Bar.

Make sure the Two boxes are still there (Netproxy Dos Box and EULA Window) or this wont work.

5).Now in Windows Task Bar click the tab Processes.

Now this window should show all the programs that your computer is currently running with the processor % and Memory usage.

6).Click on Image Name Tab in the Processes menu.

This should alphabetically sort the list of programs from A to Z. If it does not sort from A to Z click it again.

7).Now under the list of programs find Client.exe and Netproxy.exe. Right click on Client.exe and a drop down menu should show up with:

End Process, End Process Tree, and Set Priority.

8).Hover the mouse pointer over Set Priority.

A drop down menu should appear with the words Realtime, High, Above Normal, Normal, Below Normal, and Low.

For Client.exe click on Above Normal.

9).Repeat step 8 for Netproxy.exe with one change.

Hover mouse over Priority then select High.

10).Once you have finished these steps close out the Windows task manager by clicking on the X button then click on the EULA game window.

Click Agree, game should start up and you should be able to log in and play with no problems.

Hope this clears up your problems and perhaps other peoples problems. Do not know if this will work on anything but XP.

One problem arises with this "Fix" is you have to do this every time you start the game.

I found this workaround by accident and cannot guarantee it will work for anyone else.

that was very easy to follow thanks. I found and did everything you suggested but still crashed after character selection but before leaving the map/loading screen. I am going to try and send my brother a screen shot of what the net7 black box says after it kicks me out. My son gets home from school and should be able to get the screen shot at least.

Misty

Ok can you list your exact system specs?

Mine is

2.3 ghz

500 meg ram

64 meg graphics

page file 1 gig

Also have your tried to goto the LaunchNet7 folder deleted it and reinstalled?

Should be under C:\NET7.

Edited by Maniac

To be honest I couldnt tell you what your problem is, however I looked up your graphics card and it is in the 32-64 meg range.

Minimum system requirements are within spec's. It is possible that your graphics card does not support the shader version that the game requires.

I couldnt get very much info on your graphics system so its possible this is the issue.

It is also possible you need to update DirectX.

One other issue could be your Net frame work software is out of date too. You can update this on Microsoft update, there is a new version 3 (or was it 4?) out that might fix this problem.

Other than these issues i listed above im shooting in the dark and really stumped.

Can you list any other newer MMO's that will run on this computer?

Everquest, Starwars Galaxies, Eve Online, or Other?

Also Refer to my previous post.

Also have your tried to goto the LaunchNet7 folder deleted it and reinstalled?

Should be under C:\NET7.

Have you tried this? ^^^^

Edited by Maniac

1. Run checkdisk on the drive that has E&B installed on it.

2. If all else fails, set to start with 'client detours'. Note this is an emergency option - using detours significantly slows down the game. I'm not sure why this works, but in extreme cases of crash-to-desktop it does. Sometime in the future I'll add a 'fake' detours which won't slow you down.

Have you tried letting EnBConfig run as administrator, and make sure you click save.

The resolution changes in game after megan, and if the game hasnt saved the settings properly, it will CTD

Thanks

Have you tried letting EnBConfig run as administrator, and make sure you click save.

The resolution changes in game after megan, and if the game hasnt saved the settings properly, it will CTD

Thanks

Unfortunately, that tends not to help with crashing after character selection. :(

These crashes seem to be network related from all I can tell, but I really need to research them more. Of course, there are the galaxy map forever kind of crashes, and the crashes which take the client down immediately after selection, which may be entirely different problems for us to have fun with. :)

If anyone could give me their net7proxy logs when they have a crash like this and tell me whether the game crashes immediately after character selection or just gets stuck at the galaxy map, that would by muy helpful.

Ok so I tried reinstalling the Net7 launcher and still no go.

C Del they are definately getting booted on the galaxy map I went over and checked on it for myself this weekend. Still a no go. I took another screenshot of the logs and it was the same. Any help you can give would be appreciated they are driving me batty wanting to get going.

(side note... They have installed and played DDO, Wizard101, Vendetta prior to this.)

Edited by Elbryon

Ok so I tried reinstalling the Net7 launcher and still no go.

C Del they are definately getting booted on the galaxy map I went over and checked on it for myself this weekend. Still a no go. I took another screenshot of the logs and it was the same. Any help you can give would be appreciated they are driving me batty wanting to get going.

(side note... They have installed and played DDO, Wizard101, Vendetta prior to this.)

Hmm... I get the feeling maybe there's some corrupted data somewhere that's crashing the client. I assume they've probably already tried a Force Update? Have they tried using Client Detours?

Hmm... I get the feeling maybe there's some corrupted data somewhere that's crashing the client. I assume they've probably already tried a Force Update? Have they tried using Client Detours?

I don't know why, but some systems do this. I have an xp 2002, a 2007 vista laptop, and a 2007 vista desktop. The vista desktop will not run the client unless I upgrade to win 7, but I have a program that will not run on win7. So - I am lucky I can use the other two.

Both the vista machines are gateways (now acer in disguise)

I had her try the detours and it still did the same thing. How do I force an update?

In the launcher, go to the "Launcher" menu in the top-left corner. In the menu, click "Reset Updates" and click "OK" on the dialog box that comes up. The launcher will then check all your files to ensure they are correct and the current latest version.

I'm assuming certificates would have absolutely no say in this?

I only bring it up because I had to bring my Win7 into WinXP SP2 compatibility mode and manually install all the certificates. Any other attempts left me hanging with a frozen loading screen.

I'm assuming certificates would have absolutely no say in this?

I only bring it up because I had to bring my Win7 into WinXP SP2 compatibility mode and manually install all the certificates. Any other attempts left me hanging with a frozen loading screen.

Compatibility mode might help, but this is past the stage where the SSL certificates would cause a problem.

@Elbryon: If you haven't tried this already, there are instructions on how to set compatibility mode in the FAQ, to which there is a link in my signature.

yea I already checked compatibility but since she already has xp it only shows backwards ie. ME 2000 98 etc. She is forcing an update as we speak and I will check on the progress when I go pick up the boys after work.

C Del is that screen shot of the Net7 log helpful at all? It is exactly the same after each failure. Is there something else I could grab that would help more?

*another thing I had her grab*

misty.doc

misty.doc

Edited by Elbryon