Suggestion thast should be place in new player thread

sirmorte

I was thinking that you guys always need money, right? I know that you can't require payments for playing and don't want to do it even if you could.

However, what about the idea of suggesting to new players that a donation of at least $25 would be the polite thing to do. This way, you probably would get more money, and it is presented in a very non- threatening and non- required way. However, you will get your point stated.

• Downvote 2

I was thinking that you guys always need money, right? I know that you can't require payments for playing and don't want to do it even if you could.

However, what about the idea of suggesting to new players that a donation of at least $25 would be the polite thing to do. This way, you probably would get more money, and it is presented in a very non- threatening and non- required way. However, you will get your point stated.

eh, we receive enough from our wonderful contributors to pay the bills, admittedly not always enough to buy new things to make life easier for creating the game but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If the donations ever slacked enough we could resort to advertisement and other means as an option rather than overtly asking. We are satisfied with what's given, everyone wants the game back and we're here to make it happen.

We'd all love to get paid and do this for a living I'm sure, but there's no way the player base could afford such a thing. :blink:

Thanks for the suggestion though, its nice to see someone thinking about us.

• Upvote 2

Kyp, how about a forums section or sticky thread on what you Devs would like to get in the way of tools, etc.

With the list available for all to see, might lead to more donations above and beyond the server costs. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Kyp, how about a forums section or sticky thread on what you Devs would like to get in the way of tools, etc.

With the list available for all to see, might lead to more donations above and beyond the server costs. :blink:

Who knows we may consider that in the future, for the time being we haven't been looking at anything new. We may do that as we go. For now all is grand, mostly if anything we might start looking for new talent to bolster our ranks. People who can keep quiet and have a desire to be part of making the game rather than just playing. :lol:

You have to be willing to do your part of the work (there's plenty to do!) and follow all the rules given in the code of conduct document. In fact, I'd probably like to pick up some. If anyone would be interested, send me a 250 word description of what you think makes yourself a good addition to the Terran content staff and any experience you have technicially (SQL, XML, C# or something else. It's all pretty useful, or any kind of story experience (even pieces you'd like to submit as an example)

Kyp, for people who have strong computer skills, which I don't, Where exactly do they write you for being able to participate in the development?

IN fact, maybe there should be a sticky post that details how talented people can contact you for development opportunities. I would bet that there are some amazing players among the player based that would love to help out. You should have a place for them to go in order to learn how to apply to be a helper and see what specific jobs you are looking for as well.

Kyp, for people who have strong computer skills, which I don't, Where exactly do they write you for being able to participate in the development?

IN fact, maybe there should be a sticky post that details how talented people can contact you for development opportunities. I would bet that there are some amazing players among the player based that would love to help out. You should have a place for them to go in order to learn how to apply to be a helper and see what specific jobs you are looking for as well.

Anyone with the technologies I mentioned above are useful to help things move along faster. I am mostly looking for creative minds that are willing to do the work. There's a lot of writing that needs doing, lots of listing, and even simply listening to various NPC recordings and cataloging their speech. (It is one of my next projects actually).

There's lots we could give to do, the problem is finding someone willing to do the work for it. Many people don't like to write, it'd probably help if you like to write and draw up documents.

I would not object to placing what donations go toward besides the simple "Project Costs/Server Costs." etc So new players know exactly where the money is supposed to be going towards. I'm also not objected to linking to 'staff' recruitment (GM/Betas/Devs etc) in the post such as example "If you have skills in coding/want to contribute in more then just playing the game and keeping up the community you can look at positions [link]here[link] also if nothing seems right for you. You could contact [insert beta lead profile link here] and look into applying as a beta tester, to in which you can help round out Missions/Dialog/Graphics(Errors) and other such things.

It is not up to me though, and in which if something would enjoy letting people know its fine with me tbh, and C Del has every right to add to the post if he sees fit. If you want to go through him etc. Course other dev(s)/admin(s). It's w/e. I don't hang around to much. >.> Due to some addicting game I found + my other games I enjoy to play and other reasons I could list, but not the place to.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to write some backstory for the Terran Scout, and perhaps some missions (especially hull upgrades and interacting with the whole GETCo-InfinitCorps rivalry: it really grilled my goose to have had to go to that McCellan woman to have gotten my HU's, even if it was dirt-easy to do... lol)