PS Manes Essence

So I'm really new here ( I registed in Dec 09 but then the game won't run so I came back later to see if it dose now).

It seems to be a nice game. I started as a Progen Sentinel.

But how can I fullfill my very first mission ?

I have to kill Manes Essence (Level 0).

It ends allways the same I'm stardust.

Scince I have no other equibment or skills all I can do is approach to weapon range and shoot as fast as I can.

Is there anythink I need to know to get through this = ?

Edited by Bob Herzog

Hmm... Don't know what to say. Keep trying? It wasn't a problem when I did it.

Maybe prospect a bit and level up EL and TL so you can get better shields/reactor?

They may have beefed up the starter area mobs a bit too much last patch. :)

I'll try to level a bit. But in my oppinion the very first mission should be possible without.

I even genererated a new Char to see if I could do anything with my startup money to improve my performance.

But I can't even use the things they offer me at the station.

Keep trying is don't works.

I even tried hit & run. But that was even worse.

1. That dam thing is faster than me.

2. It renegerates my laughable dam if i don't keep on fire.

Maybe an other class hasn't such problems. If i generate an other Char is there an possibility to give a new PS items later on without going via other players(with help of others it should relativ obvious possible)?

Because I never saw anyone in the starting area.

I'll try to level a bit. But in my oppinion the very first mission should be possible without.

I even genererated a new Char to see if I could do anything with my startup money to improve my performance.

But I can't even use the things they offer me at the station.

Keep trying is don't works.

I even tried hit & run. But that was even worse.

1. That dam thing is faster than me.

2. It renegerates my laughable dam if i don't keep on fire.

Maybe an other class hasn't such problems. If i generate an other Char is there an possibility to give a new PS items later on without going via other players(with help of others it should relativ obvious possible)?

Because I never saw anyone in the starting area.

/agree It is insane that on a class' intro mission you need to call for help to complete. My suggestion is to play another character (start a different class) until the progen missions get out of the "flux" state.

I allready tried level up + better items. That worked.

I had luck to find a field of Hulks where I got a good shield an two nice beams etc..

So thanks for that tip. It helped me a lot.

I like the explore part of the Sentinel and the other Char who can mine is as far as I got the message one which is hard to play(especially in combat). Given my RL I'll play kinda slow anyway so they might fix most of the other problems before I get there :). So for the time being I'll stick to the PS.

Still I think it should be fixed. The initial mission should be a warm up.

Its not the fault of the mission.

This mission has been in the game for 3 years and you can't select mobs less than CL 0 anyway (because they don't exist).

What is currently being done by a developer team is MOB AI etc. This is potentially the reason why these mobs now are harder. Its not a fix for the mission that is required in this circumstance, so can't be blamed on missions.

• 1 month later...

/jumpstarts old thread :mellow:

I just tried a new PS on PTR and the cl0 Manes at Nav Brightside 4 is a bit difficult for a starter character. I was already into hull damage before I got the mob down to 75% shields and barely warped out. While a veteran player would know to mine/explore a bit and get into better equipment, someone just starting out in the game would get easily frustrated. Added the fact that you have to kill multiple mobs to get the required Gene-map new players would most certainly give up after a few deaths.

I think the mission mob in question needs to be looked at. It was consistently hitting me for 7-9 damage each shot and ate through the lvl1 shield very quickly.

This should probably be moved to the bugs section?

• 3 weeks later...