Improve Hacking

Trylobyte

I've noticed in my experiences as a TE that Hacking is incredibly underwhelming. Even at CL42, with Super Hacking and a 152% hacking success chance bonus, I don't even bother with it because success is so rare and so limited in usefulness. I can't even reliably Multi-Hack CL5 Chavez (Even had one complete failure during my testing where I failed to hack ANYTHING) and even if I succeed it lasts for all of ten seconds (Regardless of CL) at which point they open fire, start moving, and call for backup as normal. Hacking anything my own CL or higher pretty much always fails unless I get extremely lucky. So I'm left with a skill that rarely works and, even if it does, gives me time to get one extra volley off.

Hacking should be looked into so that it's more effective and a better use of reactor energy. Unless those last two levels multiply its effectiveness, and most importantly its duration, fivefold then it's really a skill not worth having for the reactor energy and skill points it consumes.

Edited by Trylobyte

I've noticed in my experiences as a TE that Hacking is incredibly underwhelming. Even at CL42, with Super Hacking and a 152% hacking success chance bonus, I don't even bother with it because success is so rare and so limited in usefulness. I can't even reliably Multi-Hack CL5 Chavez (Even had one complete failure during my testing where I failed to hack ANYTHING) and even if I succeed it lasts for all of ten seconds (Regardless of CL) at which point they open fire, start moving, and call for backup as normal. Hacking anything my own CL or higher pretty much always fails unless I get extremely lucky. So I'm left with a skill that rarely works and, even if it does, gives me time to get one extra volley off.

Hacking should be looked into so that it's more effective and a better use of reactor energy. Unless those last two levels multiply its effectiveness, and most importantly its duration, fivefold then it's really a skill not worth having for the reactor energy and skill points it consumes.

Added to my long list. :)

Off the top of my head the only real use for hack would be in a raid where everyone is stationary and millions of hacks are going off to freeze every mob into nothingness...

So it is a limited skill for terrans, if you play the 'long range missile boat style' properly, like terrans are meant to, then it just has very little use.

Why didnt jenquai get hack instead, aren't they all geeks? :)

Off the top of my head the only real use for hack would be in a raid where everyone is stationary and millions of hacks are going off to freeze every mob into nothingness...

So it is a limited skill for terrans, if you play the 'long range missile boat style' properly, like terrans are meant to, then it just has very little use.

Why didnt jenquai get hack instead, aren't they all geeks? :)

Aye, I would think Hack would go so much better with a beam build than it does with a missile build. I won't be using Hack or even leveling it on my TS.

• 5 weeks later...

Hack seems to be somewhat effective vs. Kuei station raids... where as an earlier poster stated... it's done with a stationary group with one to three missile boats (TE/TS) spamming multi-hack with two PWs shooting and a Trader or two tossing heals.

• 1 month later...