Playng time

Only Platinum Club® Donors can see that area. ;) (joke)

That reminded me of an idea I thought of the other day. There used to be a slash command on live that told you when your character was created and how much time you had spent on the game, I likened it to frequent flier miles and thought they should implement some type of reward system based on how long people had been on the game. It would have to be toon specific since it would be almost impossible to track along several different accounts that some people have. :) The reward would be something simple but useful like 5 SP's or something like that.

That reminded me of an idea I thought of the other day. There used to be a slash command on live that told you when your character was created and how much time you had spent on the game, I likened it to frequent flier miles and thought they should implement some type of reward system based on how long people had been on the game. It would have to be toon specific since it would be almost impossible to track along several different accounts that some people have. :) The reward would be something simple but useful like 5 SP's or something like that.

This is actually a good idea. It should come in the form of an optionally displayable title based not on your total time, but on the amount of time spent playing over the last 6 months. That way over time the title will degrade if you play less.

The amount of hours in 6 months is 4380 FYI.

And the contenders for title names are:

1-50 hours : My favourite sector is Luna.

50-100 : My guild has 1000 members and 5 are online at any one time.

100-200 : I am a sissy and listen to my wife about taking care of the kids.

200-400 : Casual play rocks, look I am a commande, I command things!

400-1000 : My kids are adults, the wife aint in shape like she used to be, so...Megan and Dewinter...Yummay!

1000-2000 : I have kids but they were taken away by welfare because ENB just rocks. And I don't care!

2000-3000 : I get bullied at school so I play this as often as possible.

3000-4380 : q, space, wait 4 seconds, f...q, space, wait 4 seconds, f...q, space, wait 4 seconds, f...

4380+ hours : This is either a leap year or you have met the Q...in which case why the *%$# are you playing ENB?

There is a /played command listed in the command list. However, using that will get you an 'illegal' message. I think it would be nice to have it back. I don't agree for having rewards based on play it however. One way to think of it is is that players who are on a lot are more likely to be on when special (GM) events are happening.

Another way to think of it - we'd be encouraging people to be logged on and idle while doing other things just to get whatever reward was offered. No need to waste all that power ;)

Another way to think of it - we'd be encouraging people to be logged on and idle while doing other things just to get whatever reward was offered. No need to waste all that power ;)
We should all use intel atom processors then. A netbook eats just 9watts and can play EnB. To put that into perspective a standard laptop needs around 70watt and a desktop easily does 300+ watts.

Anyhow, there is already an advantage from being online longer > you are better equipped. So you really do not need an extra cherry on the cake.

Ofcourse, if there were stuff from the graphics department that if you are online longer that your ship looks continuously more scratched, dented and used...that would be nice :)

Ofcourse, if there were stuff from the graphics department that if you are online longer that your ship looks continuously more scratched, dented and used...that would be nice ;)

I don't need to be playing long for that to happen. It's usually the reason why I have to dock so much. If my ship's not on fire then I haven't tried hard enough. :)