Would you like many more dontations yearly?

sirmorte

If you would like many more donations yearly, consider this: give a donation reward based on the donation.

For example, you could give something small like one skill point for every 10 donated up to 5 points. Alternatively, you can give a nice item for every $50 like their choice of a weapon or device for their level. This certainly won't imbalance anything and will encourage donations.

Also, you should advertise more. I accidentally heard about it from our guild. You do need to get the word out.

• Downvote 2

Maybe it is time the suggestions forum had a 'read this first' sticky.

That would be a good place to inform people that if you get rewarded for a donation you are actually buying the reward in a way.

And it would be good a good place to explain that suggestions are limited by not being able to modify the client...

• Upvote 2

problem with that is I doubt people would read it... however... it might be in the best interest (something the dev team can decide) if when donation posts came up to just delete it and send the op a msg?

Also, you should advertise more. I accidentally heard about it from our guild. You do need to get the word out.

I would agree, but that might attract too much attention from EA. We might look into it once we get the "final" product working, in other words, when we get the server to live-like functionality and stability.

I'd like to see character name changes and transfers for donators. I think people who donate should get something as thanks for helping out the project. It's generally agreed upon that benefits to donors shouldn't affect gameplay though.