Hulk Items

all hulks carry only debris at the moment I believe.

They used to have debris and manticores nettles (lol), but the nettles could be mined from level 1 hulks and be sold for a decent price (far too good money for a level 1 JE).

down the road we will have other things dropping, but for now you're stuck with debris

Thats good.

The only reason why interesting things appear in some hulks was at a time the developers in that sector could add the item to the hulk. Unfortunately the items also appear in the roids too...

A nice randomisation list (also include pop-roid/hulk and it be interesting)

heart used to skip a beat when I found a hulk in live, the excitement of not knowing what goodies you could find..so exciting! *drool*. (Yet another sign of just how addicting this game was/is/always will be)

~Matt

I know exactly what feeling you are referring to ! I loved those hulks in live. And the ones popping a bully to pester you where quite the fun as well.

Not even to mention al the sweet things I gained out of those things. Weren't they dropping Prototype stuff too ?

I know exactly what feeling you are referring to ! I loved those hulks in live. And the ones popping a bully to pester you where quite the fun as well.

Not even to mention al the sweet things I gained out of those things. Weren't they dropping Prototype stuff too ?

I can't remember if there was proto stuff, but that would be awesome if they did;) And yea, that little adrenaline rush with pop rocks when you go from relaxing mining to combat..lol..or running as is my case most times..lol.

I look forward to amassing enough Manticore's Nettles to wallpaper my house . . . just like in Live. :unsure:

j/k

That's great news that we can look forward to real drops in the hulks. I agree that spotting a hulk while out mining always was a quick pick-me-up even if it ended up a dud - it was the anticipation of the unknown that made it fun.

I can't remember if there was proto stuff, but that would be awesome if they did;) And yea, that little adrenaline rush with pop rocks when you go from relaxing mining to combat..lol..or running as is my case most times..lol.

Yes there were I found a DigiApogee L8 Projectile launcher in one in Live. The hulk was in BlackBeard's Wake.

I look forward to amassing enough Manticore's Nettles to wallpaper my house . . . just like in Live. :D

j/k

That's great news that we can look forward to real drops in the hulks. I agree that spotting a hulk while out mining always was a quick pick-me-up even if it ended up a dud - it was the anticipation of the unknown that made it fun.

Just now if you find a Manticore's Nettle, find some nice low level Seeker to give, or sell, it too. She'll find having an energy debuffer very useful with her energy beams.

I do agree that there were too many of them back in live, and often in hulks that were inapropriate for the orefield that they were in. They shouldn't have been in orefields with L7 ish ores, but in an orefield with L3 ores/hulks.

Prototypes, AAs, Genemaps, disembodied parts (mainly heads) were things found in hulks. I've never seen the prototypes outside of hulks. Don't they usually state they are rare and unstable which would explain why the ship is now a hulk floating in space.