Suggestion to make buffing up less annoying

Tyran

Most here will remember buffing up for around 5 minutes till all buffs were applied, and maintaining them was a near full-time job.

It is doubtful a lot of people enjoyed this. You would constantly be re-installing your line-up of devices.

Is it possible that activatable devices can be activated from the cargo hold?

This would not make device slots useless at all, as the devices in your cargo hold will not give you their passive buffs.

If it is possible to implement but deemed to change the 'live-experience' too much then could this be implemented as a piece of equipment or skill?

That way install-enthusiasts can still get their thrill :)

Edited by Tyran

It sounds nice, but, regardless of how it would affect gameplay which I would think would be a big issue, I think it would be too hard to implement. We wouldn't be able to allow you to just click on a device in your hold and let you activate it; it would need to be some kind of slash command workaround-hack. I think it's not worth it.

A lot of workarounds may not be worth it, using slash commands an all...

But a /command to activate items in your hold would be one of the few that that could definitely be lived with :)

Something like...

/as12

would be activate slot 12

Makes it sound too easy to buff up with a ton of buffs that might make you very overpowered. At least with the equip times you have a bit of balance to it, as you'd have to be constantly switching out devices to keep those buffs up.

If there was a great number of activatable buffs then I agree it would be imbalanced and a bad idea.

But there is only a limited number of activatable buffs that are really useful - all of which prettywell any player would maintain even though it is a pain to do so.

One of the main reasons to have this is so more time is spent playing and less time buffing up.

When you think of it, devices like Aegis of the Warder, Plague's Bite, Contained Voltoi Essense and Focus of the Celestial are ones that you cannot go into combat with. Their passive buffs are too weak and the device is too valuable to allow the risk of it being damaged.

So the device's only purpose is to be installed, buff you up, and then uninstalled. As it does not serve an active purpose why bother with the need to install it.

A lot of workarounds may not be worth it, using slash commands an all...

But a /command to activate items in your hold would be one of the few that that could definitely be lived with :)

Something like...

/as12

would be activate slot 12

Wouldn't this allow players to create a macro and create an unfair advantage? I'm sure this idea has already occured to a few players.