Progen Players (PTR) Please!

I am pretty impressed with the new Progen mission format. Not to give away the whole enchilada but, there are separate NPCs for Warriors and Sentinals, (possibly others?) these NPCs have CLEARLY marked missions for Progens in the ranges of 50-75, 75-100, 100-135, 135 and above.

I can’t wait to get in and play some of the missions.

The token thing seems to be fair for everyone, (took me a while to think it through). As I understand it if you do the missions you get 2 tokens. The more missions you do you get more tokens. These tokens are not tradable (except to the NPC) they are tradable for mission rewards (?) and for a tradable token. You trade in 2 earned tokens for 1 tradable token. These may be sold or given to other players. So what it looks like if you like to do missions, or even if you don't you are not excluded from playing. Not easy to do from a Dev stand point.

Byakhee has done a great job on the new mission format imo, I think it would be a good idea for more of us to go in and take a look on the test server.

Good job Byakhee!! thank you for sticking with it, even with the constant whining:):)

Tokens not quite that way but will try to make NPC more explaining.

Tokens:

- Obtained from Master Mission (Promotion Quest) which will remain until level 150.

- Each stage done will award CL EL TL and Faction XP

- On reaching level 50 you get 3 mission tokens

- On reaching level 75 you get 2 mission tokens

- On reaching level 100 you get 1 mission token

- 135 is special

- Tokens can be spent to unlock bonus missions at Hull 50 ---> next Hull level; Hull 75 ---> Next hull level; Hull 100 --> Next hull level giving you a wider range of levels to do them if you wish.

- The new NPCs deal with exhange of tokens, and they also will let you know when a mission has been implemented. The requirements for the missions are already in view in the NPCs, but when a mission is in the game a destination will also show up.

- Currently only 1 bonus one for 135 exists and its only fledgling.

- There is a mechanism (with a standard 3:1 exchange) of trading 3 of your tokens to make a marketable token that then can be traded by another progen player to create 1 mission token. This is an added bonus for players not wanting to do any bonus missions, they can make more missions become available to players who have run out of their stock tokens, using market trading.

- It also allows DEV / GM who may be running a competition to award one of these special tradable token as a reward, the Progen player can then just run and trade it in for a mission token if they want (or trade it to another progen player)

- Of added bonus the Shield Testing Mission for the Progen Warrior (Agrippa Technology Support) is repeatable but you have to give in the test shield to complete.

• 3 weeks later...

My PP is currently lvl 127, so since I have already completed the 50, 75 and 100 HU prior to this last patch, I of course have no tokens. Since the patch just happened last night, there is, of course, nobody around who is selling these "tradable" tokens. I'm wondering just what the market is actually going to be for these tokens (how many progens are going to not use their tokens and trade 3 to sell the tradable one). There are 3 build missions currently available from the NPC in Arx Magister for the PP between lvl 100 and 135, so if no one is around to sell me one of these "tradable" tokens before I get 8 more levels, then these bonus missions will never be available to me.

Which brings me to the next point, the NPC at Arx Magister tells me that after lvl 135, there is a repeatable "capture the cargo" mission, but in order to get it, I need a mission token and have to have unlocked all of the previous missions. Is my progen going to somehow be grandfathered in to this process so if I am somehow able to get a mission token I can do the "capture the cargo" mission?

One person last night suggested to start a new toon, lvl to 50, trade the tokens and start over again, which seems a little like cheating to me, but if its what I have to do, I want to make sure the effort is even worth the time for my current PP.

same here, and unless there is a way to get these it will be a long long long time for these missions to be tested en masse. So again......... possibly not the best way to get your missions tested B. I know they don't have issues nor bugs... but

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I see the issue that existing progens are having with the token system. It appears the "master" mission is given when you achieve your lvl 10 HU and doesn't go away until you hit 150. However those of us that are past the lvl 10 HU do not have the "master" mission and as such are being excluded from the rest of this process.

Exactly.

However.

Players who are past hull 135 can only use tokens on 2 mission trees

- One of which is Capture the Cargo

- One of which is the old mission that could be done from Nostrand Vor (Scientist Rescue, that has already been derrided as a waste of time by Lot)

There are no other missions available from Tokens for high level characters (there will be but expect +9 months at least).

At 100 the token missions are derived from the old option mission components. This means levels 135+ have already bypassed these missions already. The same is for some at 50. Content currently being worked on is for lower level characters.

Creating a new character in order to make a trade token may also not help. This is because you have to get past the HU 135 before you can trade mission tokens for an unique tradable token. So there will be some wait.

However, all is not lost.

Anticipating this about 2 weeks ago I posted the ID of the Tradable Unique Token on the GM private forum. The item can be given to players who want to have the Tradable Token. Unlock in Arx Magister. Everything has been thought out already.

Erasing your Promotion master mission and reaquiring it currently may cause problems due to inability for you to reaquire the first hull upgrade.

If I am on the server I'm willing to erm, make some mission tokens, convert them by the NPC and then legally trade the unique token onwards. Will only cost 100,000 credits.

So being lvl 127, how many tokens should I have accumulated to this point in the game doing HU at 50, 75 and 100 and not using any of the tokens to do any missions? If I'm reading right, you get 3 at 50, 2 at 75 and 1 at 100, so I should have 6 by now, yes? If I ask a GM in game can I get 6, or do I have to keep asking for them one at a time?

So being lvl 127, how many tokens should I have accumulated to this point in the game doing HU at 50, 75 and 100 and not using any of the tokens to do any missions? If I'm reading right, you get 3 at 50, 2 at 75 and 1 at 100, so I should have 6 by now, yes? If I ask a GM in game can I get 6, or do I have to keep asking for them one at a time?

You are correct with the number of tokens you would have as a Progen at your level.

A GM can remove a specific mission ID from you and re-implement it but this may then bog down in the early stages of the mission when it attempts to give you a level 10 hull upgrade. This mission will then auto update to your level and gift you the neccesary tokens.

However, this would only be correct if all you did up to here before, was to pay for your hull upgrade (when there was a choice). The current missions assigned to Token missions (complete/available and incomplete/not-available) have been created from the old HU 50-135 missions and respective option bonuses.

Which could mean that you already may have completed the mission ID for a Token mission. This is true for Agrippa Technology (which currently is the only Token unlocks in the level range you are currently at). Agrippa Technology Token Missions at that level range @100 - 135 require build (skill) 5 also, and have not been modified otherwise.