Some Random Muzak

Hey, not sure if anyone out there will care for this, but I was messing around tonight with a simple chord progression and came up with an EnB-like track. It's quite repetitive, like a short semi-electronic jam session really, but I find it pretty entertaining; it's something I'd like to be flying around the galaxy to. Anyway, tell me what you think, unless you don't like it: in which case, don't crush my dreams. :P

Play it:

http://www.cdel.info/enb/music/EnB-Wander.mp3

Download it (Right-Click > Save Target As...).

• Upvote 1

The opening 2 minutes of it kinda has an early 1980s feel to it.

If it faded out into something else, it might work as sector-specific music for somewhere.

I wouldn't mind having some new "fight" music, something involving taiko drums, violins, and maybe some heavy guitar riffs -- something in the vein of "Prelude to War" (the music in Battlestar Galactic when Adama and Admiral Cain were about to turn their respective Battlestars against each other) in Season 2:

Can music even get added or is that like a lot of client-side stuff: it would be cool but it is probably a bad idea?

Not sure how correct this is but were there red dragons that had a different fight music than other mobs or other red dragons? Faintly remember something like the L53 red dragons in aragoth prime having a different tune but may be wrong.

intresting.....

what did you use to make this?

might i sugguest....

(more cowbell) =p

Cubase 5, my guitar, and a Shure SM58. Noted. :P

Can music even get added or is that like a lot of client-side stuff: it would be cool but it is probably a bad idea?

Not sure how correct this is but were there red dragons that had a different fight music than other mobs or other red dragons? Faintly remember something like the L53 red dragons in aragoth prime having a different tune but may be wrong.

Yes, we can certainly add client-side music. We just have to change some of the ini files. I'm not sure if it's possible to specify what music is playing when you attack a certain mob. Music is handled completely on the client side I think, and I haven't seen anything indicating that you can set music to play for a particular event like that, though I could be wrong.

I'd love sector-specific music... like something daunting and intimidating for BBW/Paramis, something a bit more airy and mystical for the "newer" sectors like Uranus/Venus/Mercury/Pluto-Charon... and perhaps something a bit Latin-influenced for any Chavez-dominated sectors.

Ragnarok and Niff Cloud could do with some Wagner-esque music. :P