FB/Ammo comps

for what its worth the loot tables stink in cooper now. the terror maws don't dont drop ammno comps anymore it like you are trying to force fish bowl raids on us to get ammno comps.I know this is a mmo style game but some players like and enjoy hunting alone and that is done now.not all of us have all day to play the game so getting in on raids is not possible so now we are running out of ammno and are force to beg for them on market channel which is a shame.there is no reason a high level player should not be able to get ammno comps on their own without going into the fish bowl which has been tuned up to require two full grps. :)

• Upvote 1

for what its worth the loot tables stink in cooper now. the terror maws don't dont drop ammno comps anymore it like you are trying to force fish bowl raids on us to get ammno comps.I know this is a mmo style game but some players like and enjoy hunting alone and that is done now.not all of us have all day to play the game so getting in on raids is not possible so now we are running out of ammno and are force to beg for them on market channel which is a shame.there is no reason a high level player should not be able to get ammno comps on their own without going into the fish bowl which has been tuned up to require two full grps. :)

It was discussed this morning that there is a possibility of making Ten-Gu ammo comps (still in FB) available to a single group raiding party. While this is not the ideal solution for the solo player, it may not be too terrible to get a group of six (6) or so together for an ammo raid. This I think is a fair compromise on the Devs part while still allowing for us to get the ammo needed.

The Ten-Gu would possibly be located in a spot that the Master does not travel, and the loot would drop in a quantity that going this extra distance would be well worth the groups’ effort.

What do you think of that?

The way the FB is been altered is that the boss spawns will be merged into 2, with the bosses on 2 tables, this will stop the issue with players been ganked by multiple bosses. Tge trash mobs will be placed so a small group can farm them. Remember, the reason ammo comps only came from the FB in live was to ensure players that got all their items came back to help others get theres.

Just hold tight for the revisions, it'll all work out :-)

• Upvote 1

The way the FB is been altered is that the boss spawns will be merged into 2, with the bosses on 2 tables, this will stop the issue with players been ganked by multiple bosses. Tge trash mobs will be placed so a small group can farm them. Remember, the reason ammo comps only came from the FB in live was to ensure players that got all their items came back to help others get theres.

Just hold tight for the revisions, it'll all work out :-)

You bet. I do remember the FBs of old… But I also remember there were way more than 120 – 200 players on at any given time. I also remember getting those ammo comps was a crap shoot depending on who was running the show. It took hours to get a group together (towards sunset) and then if someone shot Harvey…well that’s yet another story.

The only problem I have is the use of references to “This was how it was in live” this really does not float imho, I don’t remember just being able to pop into the Tado-gate to go hunt or sightsee.

If this is the EMU version of a FB raid let’s call it that, it is in no way even close to how a FB was in live. So call it as it is, tell us this is how it will be in the EMU and if and when we get enough players back to have a “REAL” fb raid then we can get it to the live standard.

Edited by Mimir

well remember in live fishbowls only happened once a day if that. So the idea that there's not enough raids doesn't really fly. I could definitely see a problem with ammo comp drop rates being too low or FBs requiring too many people.

I am against adding ammo comps to a soloable mob but am sympathetic to those players who can't get the comps to supply their guns. I think once the drop rates are increased and the FB trash mobs are separated from the master this will no longer be a problem. We need to make sure that having to make ammo runs is not a constant problem for players because that would be very annoying.

This same issue came up in live too, they did move the comps to the fish in cooper because not everyone could or wanted to raid. Since full blown gate raids are not in, it sounds like you have a solution.

This same issue came up in live too, they did move the comps to the fish in cooper because not everyone could or wanted to raid. Since full blown gate raids are not in, it sounds like you have a solution.

I don't recall this, I do remember them increasing the chance and ammount of them dropping in the Fishbowl (which is confirmed in the last patch notes for the game), but I don't recall them ever adding them to the Cooper loot tables, if that had been the case people would of stopped going to Fishbowl raids to get ammo afterall. Besides, the comps should be dropping in quantities that mean there is more than enoguh to go around, if there isn't, then the number dropping can easily be buffed up :-)

My take on it (after going on a successful FB "ammo comps mini-raid" the other night) is this:

Ammo parts should drop rarely from cooper fish (L53 terror maws) - as in 1-2ribs, OR 1-2 teeth, OR 1-2 of a single type of bile, AND whatever trash loot.

It should take several hours to farm cooper maws for a couple-three dozens of any one combo of teeth or ribs and (a specific kind of bile).

Reason I ask for this is - not everyone cares to join a guild, or can organize a public raiding party in a reasonably short amount of time spamming the general/market channels.

From FB L56-61 fish, the ammo comps should drop like RAIN. (Which they did - we killed ten or twelve of these fish with a few deaths on our party of four - and collected easily a full stack plus of each kind of component in the space of an hour and a half (which will go much smoother next time we need the comps, now that we know to bring a pair of fully-powered TT's next time).

My take on it (after going on a successful FB "ammo comps mini-raid" the other night) is this:

Ammo parts should drop rarely from cooper fish (L53 terror maws) - as in 1-2ribs, OR 1-2 teeth, OR 1-2 of a single type of bile, AND whatever trash loot.

It should take several hours to farm cooper maws for a couple-three dozens of any one combo of teeth or ribs and (a specific kind of bile).

Reason I ask for this is - not everyone cares to join a guild, or can organize a public raiding party in a reasonably short amount of time spamming the general/market channels.

From FB L56-61 fish, the ammo comps should drop like RAIN. (Which they did - we killed ten or twelve of these fish with a few deaths on our party of four - and collected easily a full stack plus of each kind of component in the space of an hour and a half (which will go much smoother next time we need the comps, now that we know to bring a pair of fully-powered TT's next time).

So I guess my time playing solo is soon to be at end.

Generaly speaking, on live, the weapons from the fishbowl were made for players that supplied the componants for them (which you also get in the fishbowl), so anyone with the bile weapons generally would be going into the Fishbowl already and would thus have access to the ammo comps. If a player has managed to buy the weapons from someone with access to the weapon comps, then they should also be able to go onto the market channel and buy them. Afterall, if people need them, then it opens up a market for someone to sell them (supply and demand).

Eitherway, most of the people with the weapons from the fishbowl should already have the contacts in thier guild/friends to go in and get ammo comps. They drop very generously as well, so it's not like you have to actualy farm in there all the time, you could probably get enough componants to last a week or so (depending on how much you play) from one session in there.

Generaly speaking, on live, the weapons from the fishbowl were made for players that supplied the componants for them (which you also get in the fishbowl), so anyone with the bile weapons generally would be going into the Fishbowl already and would thus have access to the ammo comps. If a player has managed to buy the weapons from someone with access to the weapon comps, then they should also be able to go onto the market channel and buy them. Afterall, if people need them, then it opens up a market for someone to sell them (supply and demand).

Eitherway, most of the people with the weapons from the fishbowl should already have the contacts in thier guild/friends to go in and get ammo comps. They drop very generously as well, so it's not like you have to actualy farm in there all the time, you could probably get enough componants to last a week or so (depending on how much you play) from one session in there.

But I guess you still don't get it...solo play is being programmed out.. This is not live, and you have a chance to make it enjoyable for all types of players. From the ones who love to group to those who like to pop in and play a bit and pop out. I see more and more the direction going to group this and group that, or don't play.

Non of the solo play is been removed, just more group play is been added, thus accomodating 'both' types of player. Some mobs that should of been group mobs now are, it was never intended that some of these raid bosses should of been soloablr like they were.

I don't disagree with this - but hear me out when I say that there isn't always a group or even a number of people in my guild (arguably one of the largest on this server) who are ready to form up a group or two several unique (i.e. non-duo boxing) players.

Spamming "WTB blah blah bile and teeth, /pst" for several hours may not be as expedient as one thinks either. Even with our group (4 people, three of whom wanted parts, one of whom was after an unrelated drop) we split up the loot with each of us having just what we wanted. And I wont be offering any of my share on the market, not by a long shot.

That's why I propose the "watered down" solution - the supposed fish who "leaked through" from FB with just a very sparing amount of ammo comps.

Rare enough in fact, where the solo-ist would seriously think about spending the time to raise a group to go with him to FB where the ammo comps are more plentiful.

Or rare enough, but worth the bother if the farmer just wants to zone out and not deal with people by banging away at L53 mobs for a modicum of (relatively safer) XP with the odd 1%-5% chance of an ammo comp he might not particularly need dropping.

Non of the solo play is been removed, just more group play is been added, thus accomodating 'both' types of player. Some mobs that should of been group mobs now are, it was never intended that some of these raid bosses should of been soloablr like they were.

The more important point is that YOU as in Dev not just you, had the Level 53 Terror maws drop ammo comps. These were not boss mobs, and even in live I remember level 150 PWs being able to handle single and even multiple level 53 mobs. I don’t think any of the posts in here said anything about boss mobs or wanting to solo them. Unless the terror maw is considered a minion of the Boss then I guess it could be a Boss mob or mobette. The removal of the ammo comps from these mobs really has nothing to do with being too tough or not. The only reason was to get more groups into the FB which in itself isnt even close to being what it was in live.

Please remember being just like live went out the window with the introduction of the forgotten races. Even the purest among us I think welcome these changes.

Edited by Mimir

I think some people are more inclined to solo because of the type of people they are and there time constraints.

I honestly never get to raids because my game time is so limited but i love blowing up the guild chat ( eh seeker? )

in short if the game is going more towards a group effort, its a great idea. If you decide to leave some things for solo'ers that is good too (please)

basically what I am trying to say is.. We are apriciative of your efforts. Your (devs) heart is in the right place trying to have a

Community atmosphere.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

I think some people are more inclined to solo because of the type of people they are and there time constraints.

... but i love blowing up the guild chat ( eh seeker? )

Here, here. +1 on soloing: because some nights I can be downright anti-social. B)

And blowing up the guild chat is always fun (at least until the unsavory jokes about a certain planet start rolling, lol :D )

This is actually quite an odd situation. Basically raid mobs have been soloable, so many solo players have got their hands on endgame raid weapons (via solo play), now these mobs have been fixed (so some now fire back!), so we now have players with weapons you need groups to obtain, requiring the comps that were introduced to keep players coming back and helping others that still need drops.

This is actually one of the main reasons loot tables are been looked at, since some items have been to easy to get, leaving players with nothing to farm for. Basically players have bypassed all the solo content because the raid content has been soloable.

This is actually quite an odd situation. Basically raid mobs have been soloable, so many solo players have got their hands on endgame raid weapons (via solo play), now these mobs have been fixed ...

Sort of like trying that extra bit of toothpaste back into the tube, no doubt.

But!!

Where some Cooper mobs could drop these ammo comps (at stupefyingly, mind-numbingly low rates... I mean worse than Tatsu's Pride-like drop rates: i.e. kill 20 Cooper Terror Maws, get ONE rib... or ONE Cobalt Bile... and huge heaping piles of eyeballs, wings, and skins).

A solo-ist could mount up his spare sets of Archos with store-bought plasma ammo (fishies are impact immune now, if I hear correctly) or a missile boat pull out the ol' Type A's ... or a Jenpie laugh at the rest of us ballistic weapons users, and grill the fishies with their ĂĽber beams, and sell their loot on the market.

However, the true reward would be the multi-dozen lot drops of ammo comps from FB fish, which SHOULD be impossible to solo.

This is actually quite an odd situation. Basically raid mobs have been soloable, so many solo players have got their hands on endgame raid weapons (via solo play), now these mobs have been fixed (so some now fire back!), so we now have players with weapons you need groups to obtain, requiring the comps that were introduced to keep players coming back and helping others that still need drops.

This is actually one of the main reasons loot tables are been looked at, since some items have been to easy to get, leaving players with nothing to farm for. Basically players have bypassed all the solo content because the raid content has been soloable.

Actually the Reaver is the only weapon I think is dropped outside the FB (that I use) All the other weapons I use I went into the FB with a group to get. The problem is grouping just for the ammo with the limited play time, number of players at my play times, or any number of reasons, is the issue IMHO. I see your point and agree about the weapons, pull them all from the loot table outside the FB but please reconsider the ammo drops being at least an infrequent (if you must) drop in cooper outside of the FB.