Nerf Bat of Divine Might +2

Most regular mobs have a 5k scan range at higher levels, including Tengu, with big raid mobs having scan ranges upto 10k.altruism on mobs (how likely a mob assists its friend) could possably be responsable, afterall, not all mob behavior is fully coded yet. I'll look into it when I get home from work today.

Random bug, my TT with 1.9k sig, vs 0.6k on my JD. I can attack creatures, and they'll never go after me just TT when he just sits there. (Currently leveling this way instead of having to waste time summoning iway from group of hungry NPCs)

could you try this again? - the mob aggro should be working a lot better now.

I just have one question as I know mobs are still being tweeked. What are the scan ranges for the mobs at right now, I noticed after the update yesterday the fish in cooper are seeing my 2.0k and lower sig chars from 11-12k away, is this normal?

have you already shot at them? - if you have attacked a mob already it will see you from further away depending on your sig.

Ten-Gu scan seems to have been about 10km vs. my OL150+ PW with 0.7 sig (running a Black Speed 8, Zen Nav computer, and Pleiades 7 buff from my ungrouped OL108 TT who normally stays far away from any possible source of aggro.

This aggro wold occur without my doing anything first beyond simply "being there".

This was *before* the content patch.

After the patch, I was in Cooper with a TE and my TT last night. Ten-Gu scanning range in Cooper seems not so long distance, with most of them seeing my PW at around 9km away (granted, this is also with TE stealth rally on, and my normal pulling range is 8.5km with grav link and Binder Octo) but I also really wasn't focusing on this last night :blink:

I went into the FB last night to try sourcing some ammo comps from the Terror Maws, but the boss fishes (who can normally see my 1.0 PW sig from about 16km away: I won't be taking my TT into FB again for quite some time) allowed me to get within 13-14km before they took notice.

DPS from the FB fish seems to be consistent, though with faster, but lighter-hitting beams. Got my shields stripped down by a pair of Life Stealers (L63) that fired upon me fairly rapidly; I fled to the gate, where the Master took two shots at me to bring my unshielded hull down to about 15%.

Pre-patch, a shot from the Master would hit me for around 90-100k, which would easily pot my unshielded hull. (Or essentially taking two shots and a light shove and a burp to kill me from a full CFB).

BTW: Cooper Terror Maws drop nothing but crap now. Yes, the vendor sales value of crap loot will likely be re-assessed, but those fish I'm not hunting for money, but for the annoying rare ammo comps they drop.

I'd love to have at least a marginal chance of getting some bile and teeth or ribs from them; organizing a group for FB just for ammo comps is a bit of a nuisance: can't hit them with my higher sig PW without getting swarmed, and kiting most fish with my TS takes... a while longer than I'd like to spend (especially when they out-range me and I have to warp kite them, always a delicate thing in a FB full of much nastiness).

• Upvote 1

BTW: Cooper Terror Maws drop nothing but crap now. Yes, the vendor sales value of crap loot will likely be re-assessed, but those fish I'm not hunting for money, but for the annoying rare ammo comps they drop.

/signed

The Terror Maw drop regular loot, they were just trash mobs during gate raids. They arn't meant to be wandering around Cooper at all infact. Right now, only the FB bosses and FB trash drop the weapons componants. The main issue is that there are so many mobs in the Fishbowl right now, that you can't just single a mob out without aggroing all the others. I have an idea for fixing this, basicaly it would involve putting the bosses on 2 spawn tables, 1 for regular gate mobs and 1 for fishbowl mobs, then you'd only have 1 spawned at a time with a random one spawning on a delay after the live on is killed, this would make it a little more balanced than it is now. I'll have a talk to the other devs later today about the FB and how to make it a bit more managable for the time being whilst we work on doing progressive spawns properly.

I'm currently going though the mob damage calculations now to try and figure out if all the code is working correctly. The stats in the mob database are all in line, however, it only takes a calculation to be slightly off in the damage calculations to make a pretty big difference.

Either way, please continue with the feedback, it is appriciated whilst these mobs are fine tuned to the new system.

The Terror Maw drop regular loot, they were just trash mobs during gate raids. They arn't meant to be wandering around Cooper at all infact. Right now, only the FB bosses and FB trash drop the weapons componants. The main issue is that there are so many mobs in the Fishbowl right now, that you can't just single a mob out without aggroing all the others. I have an idea for fixing this, basicaly it would involve putting the bosses on 2 spawn tables, 1 for regular gate mobs and 1 for fishbowl mobs, then you'd only have 1 spawned at a time with a random one spawning on a delay after the live on is killed, this would make it a little more balanced than it is now. I'll have a talk to the other devs later today about the FB and how to make it a bit more managable for the time being whilst we work on doing progressive spawns properly.

I'm currently going though the mob damage calculations now to try and figure out if all the code is working correctly. The stats in the mob database are all in line, however, it only takes a calculation to be slightly off in the damage calculations to make a pretty big difference.

Either way, please continue with the feedback, it is appriciated whilst these mobs are fine tuned to the new system.

Ok so even if the current weapons and their ammo were only FB loot/drops how is one to get ammo comps for the existing weapons?

Ok so even if the current weapons and their ammo were only FB loot/drops how is one to get ammo comps for the existing weapons?

The ammo is dropping of trash in the fishbowl, that is to say 'fishbowl trash', not 'gate raid' trash, I'm going to talk to the other devs about the way the spawns are in the Fishbowl so that farming the trash for ammo comps is a little easier.

FB trash mobs = L56 Terror Maws and L63 Life Stealers?

As for "gate trash"... I'd much rather have to contend with them, even if the drop rate is a bit harder (under the risk/reward sliding scale) than the current near requirement to have to group for the FB trash mobs.

And on an unrelated note - any hope of bringing back the other Cooper fish, like the funky blue/yellow trimmed Eviserators (yup, that spelling typo is how they were named in Live)

Especially if the goal is to have the "gate trash" spawn in successive waves after killing Harvey, where they might not otherwise be available.

All Tengu will be back in eventually, but right now we have to do the code for progressive spawns.

I'm currently working on the FB spawns to make them more managable so ammo comp farming is easier.

Good news, I think I've tracked down the mob damage and scan range issues (as in them doing more damage than they should and seeing further than they should), I'm looking into it right now. I'm also revamping the fishbowl so that the bosses are on 2 spawn tables, meaning you won't have more than 2 bosses at once in the fishbowl. They will have a delay on the next boss spawning (which players can use for farming the trash mobs for ammo comps).

The value of the trash loot on drones is been worked on as well, so ammo costs will not be more than the money you make from farming a mob. :-)