Mission Log dialogue

This is just my opinion, but I play a lot of different games and the one underling factor of missions or quests is where the objectives can be viewed. In City of Heroes there is a place you can go to create your own missions publish them so other players can try them out and rate them. A major part of creating those missions is the dialogue. I fully understand what difficulties and time consuming operations are required to re create this wonderful game but I seriously think you guys are playing with our heads when you put the mission objectives into logs. Here are two examples from both sides of a war.. . . . .

Terran Scout Draft Card mission.... Net 7 ...gets card ... goes to the npc to receive mission.. (here is where most gamers will just glance at the dialogue) ......... runs off to acquire 10 stacks of some processed ore .....

then figures out where this new ship she is supposed to take this to is and finds the contact and gets this message :" I need 500 of them " .... I open the mission log and all it says is deliver 10 to this contact. But before I go to all the trouble of mining and refining 490 more I learn from people who did this that there is something else I am missing which might be why he doesn't see the 10 stacks I brought him. This missing item is NOT in the logs ... it was only mentioned once buy the npc I received the mission from.... almost every mission in EnB does this and it's not just causing confusion it's making extra work for everyone to have to help players figure out what's wrong and why they can't finish it.

Progen Warrior Draft Card mission .... Net 7 ... gets card .... goes to npc to receive mission.... (I learned today that taking a screen shot of the dialogue here is essential, even though I feel it shouldn't be necessary)

.... figures out where she needs to go to get to her sides staging area arrives meets contact ...delivers the requested supplies no problem... gets next mission and is told to go kill two different ranks of Terran enemies... no problem .... I go out and find them and take out the first rank objectives open the log to see what the next rank to kill is and it reads ...and I quote ... " Step One: Kill Mobs!" .... and ... "Step Two: Kill Mobs!" I fell out of my chair laughing .... not at what it said but the purpose of even having a mission log if it's not going to contain any useful information.

You have spent six years putting this game back together .... six long difficult years in your spare time away from your normal jobs and families .... and try as you might there is no way you will ever convince me that it is too difficult to type out a mission's objectives properly in the players logs where they should be in the first place ..especially important items needed to complete the mission. It would save everyone so much time and clear up so much confusion and frustration just to type (as an example)" Step One: Kill Two Ensigns" rather than " Step One: Kill Mobs" ,

Just a suggestion...

I have to agree. The mission journal really needs to tell you what the objectives are or what you need to do on a particular step.

Having to write it down is just not an acceptable option. especially if u miss something in the original chat, even if you read it carefully.

there is a small crumb of comfort - if you go back to the NPC who gave you the mission, they will now give you a hint as to what you need to do to advance the mission. That hint will be explicit about which type of MOB you need to kill etc.

But yes, missions are being overhauled at the moment. A lot were written during the early stages of development when good english was less important that getting something in place and working.

I leveled up to 150's and a 3rd toon to 104 and the only missions I have done are only the ones that are absolutely required to do hull upgrades... reason is cuz missions are not an efficient way to level or gain credits... not to put down all the hard work that has gone into the game... but the OP does have a point

Its not that missions give bad xp as such, but more that trade runs and jobs give an incredible amount more of XP than they did in live, which has a knockon effect on players not doing other forms of leveling, thus people leveling to 150 in a week or so only via jobs and traderuns.

• Downvote 1

just an fyi: if you use your alt+ up/down arrow keys you can scroll through the text on your screen.

it does go back a bit but if you log out or go do a bunch of other things the information will be lost.