Another Gas Thread...

Lets face it, fellow miners.

We might be able to conk a Manes over the head and get away with it every now and then...

...maybe even pants the occasional Chavez when he's looking the other way.

But we will probably never really match the sheer DPS carnage of the warrior classes, or have the long-term durability of a trader spamming shield charging while he kites his mobs from afar.

And for grinding faction... well, ordinarily, our Trader and Warrior friends will have long since relaxed up at the Queen Anne's Revenge lounge while we are still picking away at low level Chavez (or making questionable progress with various anti-RD factioned drones in BBW)

AAAAND:

We certainly have a gas problem.

Or more accurately (and certainly less rudely!) ... various station masters around the galaxy have a gas problem. And no, it's not from eating the Vienna Weenies or SPAM marketed by InfinitiCorps, as much as we might like to blame them for all things gone wrong in the world.

The SOLUTION:

Set up NPCs in each station who give out missions to mine various kinds of gases in bulk.

We refine them from raw to (in most cases, "Liquid") form, from stacks of 300 to stacks of 60.

We refine them again from liquid form to a "Compressed Gas" form (stacks of 10).

We package five units of Compressed Gases (using various level device maps provided to us by the Stationmaster we contract with) and a L3 Empty Gas Tank to make a "Cylinder of Compressed Gases"

(Net number of gases from raw state to gas cylinder: 150 gases, or derive 2 cylinders from a single 300-stack).

These "Cylinders of Compressed Gases" might have different recipes for different aggregations of "Compressed Gases" (a cylinder of "Breathing Air" might have 3 parts Nitrogen, 1 part Oxygen and 1 part Argon, for example... or a cylinder of "Pagion PowR Defense Turrent Coolant" would have all kinds of L9 gases with a heavy part of it Pagion gas.

The REWARD:

The mission would be repeatable, and would reward cash (commensurate with the risk and quantity of gases gathered) and FACTION with the station's owners, or with the faction that the NPC is a member of (doing gas runs for Kaitya Neely would net Red Dragon faction) in the case of non-aligned stations.

Also, there would be considerable trade XP to be gained from the various levels of refining these gases through to the end products.

This would definitely beat doing up faction by beating up on Chavez in my book any day.

• Upvote 2

anything that makes qar easier i am down with... cuz like u said... as we speak... the warriors ARE in qar and even though we can zone in bbw... there is this lame bug that wont let us dock (or should I say bat instead of bug?)...

I'm okay with this, though I didn't really have a problem getting RD with my PE in Live. It may be because after having done it first with my JE, then with my JW, experience paid off in that I did it in the most direct way that did the least possible harm to other factions (other than killing Chavez). Still would be nice to earn faction by means other than chain killing of trash mobs.

It would be a different sort of grind, really.

Just a grind that is a bit more meaningful to us miner types (gain explore and trade xp in our respective strengths) ...

... whereas non miners can bang away at anti-RD factioned mobs for combat xp (higher level Chavez and certain drones net more faction per kill now than the lowbie trash mobs)

Sounds decent to me. Only make sure that only one one who mined the stuff gets the faction. Otherwise it would be too easy for an explorer to powerlevel up a level 0 noob to be RD friendly without that character ever having to risk anything.

Sounds decent to me. Only make sure that only one one who mined the stuff gets the faction. Otherwise it would be too easy for an explorer to powerlevel up a level 0 noob to be RD friendly without that character ever having to risk anything.

That's easy enough, just make everything after the second refine non tradeable.

Also, I like this idea better than anything that came out of the other thread.

Could make it a new job terminal type thing for explore. Step 1: Go mine XXX amount of (insert gas name here) Step 2: Deliver to (name here) station.

Would need a LOOOOOT of them though. Shouldn't be an issue when jobs are expanded to all stations again though. Obviously higher lv job would require more gas mined.

Could make it a new job terminal type thing for explore. Step 1: Go mine XXX amount of (insert gas name here) Step 2: Deliver to (name here) station.

Would need a LOOOOOT of them though. Shouldn't be an issue when jobs are expanded to all stations again though. Obviously higher lv job would require more gas mined.

That might be better, IMO, if there were various NPCs around the galaxy that did that. Such missions would by nature be explorers Only. Said NPC would be able to tell a Scout, Sentinel, or JE apart from chars that are of different classes.

To be fair Traders & Warriors should get something too that allows them to gain faction at a comparable rate.

To be fair Traders & Warriors should get something too that allows them to gain faction at a comparable rate.

For Combat - Body part trade in...all those broken long range array, busted keyboards, other parts of sort. (Of coarse it'd let you know where to find them) Go find XX of them, bring them in to Y station. Example Job: Step 1 - Get 40 debris off infinit corp drones; infi campus, earth sector. Step 2 - Deliever to F7

For Trade - npc trade goods accessible to only trade jobs (tied to negotiate skill maybe?). Go buy XX at this station, bring it to Y station. Know this sounds like just a 'standard' trade run. But the Job would give you a 'bonus' and the goods would not be going to their 'normal' station. Just because Xipe has the high demand for spices doesn't mean OMP might not want some sometimes too. Jobs would be based around 'unusual' trade routes and give job style reward for it. Example Job: Step 1 - Buy 25 Romance Novels from Earth Station, Sol. Step 2 - Sneak them to ABG Prison (prisoners get lonely too you know).

Edited by Raptorred

For Combat - Body part trade in...all those broken long range array, busted keyboards, other parts of sort. (Of coarse it'd let you know where to find them) Go find XX of them, bring them in to Y station.

For Trade - npc trade goods accessible to only trade jobs (tied to negotiate skill maybe?). Go buy XX at this station, bring it to Y station. Know this sounds like just a 'standard' trade run. But the Job would give you a 'bonus' and the goods would not be going to their 'normal' station. Just because Xipe has the high demand for spices doesn't mean OMP might not want some sometimes too. Jobs would be based around 'unusual' trade routes and give job style reward for it.

The Warrior and Explorer from the Terran race also have negotiate. Maybe if you had a comp they could manufacture based on looted no-trade parts, you could limit it to Traders, since that distinguishes those that are Traders by Profession rather than simply belonging to the Trader race.

The Warrior and Explorer from the Terran race also have negotiate. Maybe if you had a comp they could manufacture based on looted no-trade parts, you could limit it to Traders, since that distinguishes those that are Traders by Profession rather than simply belonging to the Trader race.

Well would simply just not tie it to to negotiate then. My suggestions are made with the assumption that all the jobs would be restricted to their specific jobs (explore, warrior, trader). I mean, any job could collect the combat junk asked for by the combat job. As it is a non-miner could just mug a mining buddy for the gasses. If the restriction is it not being allowed to be picked up at the terminal/npc I think that would solve the issue.

A special class/race job terminal would be interesting. Could maybe think of 'racial' jobs too. Ex: Terrans running paper work all around for the different leaders becuase it can't be trusted in 'other races' hands. Jenquie spy missions on the progens/terrans...visit a list of places in progen space to scan. Progen could have 'raids' requiring the destruction of x number of mobs of a specific type. We got a lot of room to expand with jobs I believe that we can be creative with yet.

Not to sure about the builds idea...although I really like and think it would be neat to get a job asking you to build 10 comps you never normally build. But at higher lv jobs that could get quite expensive and annoying. Honestly I find building much more fun so would love a job that ask me to build something, then deliver to somewhere. Just can't see a way around the expense of the higher lvs components for this though...unless the job 'provided' the ores. However, whats to stop someone from canceling job and keeping ores for parts they actually needed? Having builds specially designed for the jobs seems like a waste too. I'd like to see this more than the 'unusual trade route' job, but can't see how to get it to work.