New Zones - New WH spots

With the addition of new zones... is there any plan to make new wh spots? I realize you probably cant add levels to the skill... but maybe have some of the skills give two spots instead of one?

• Upvote 4

With the addition of new zones... is there any plan to make new wh spots? I realize you probably cant add levels to the skill... but maybe have some of the skills give two spots instead of one?

Sounds like a good idea, if it means that there are more than 7 wh destinations. Or it could be possible to make some L8 and L9 devices that are JE only and have the effect of taking a player and group (with 1K) to the new place. In Live there was a device called the Tail Tucker that a JE or PE could use that took the player, alone, to DT. It was one of the 3 devices JE/PE that did Lyle's mission could choose from.

Perhaps L6 could give Carpenter and a new dest (Eidenmist Nebula perhaps?), while L7 gave Endriago and a new dest (Epsilon Eridani?). Don't know if that can be done or not, but would be interesting to find out.

Sounds like a good idea, if it means that there are more than 7 wh destinations. Or it could be possible to make some L8 and L9 devices that are JE only and have the effect of taking a player and group (with 1K) to the new place. In Live there was a device called the Tail Tucker that a JE or PE could use that took the player, alone, to DT. It was one of the 3 devices JE/PE that did Lyle's mission could choose from.

Perhaps L6 could give Carpenter and a new dest (Eidenmist Nebula perhaps?), while L7 gave Endriago and a new dest (Epsilon Eridani?). Don't know if that can be done or not, but would be interesting to find out.

I like the idea of pairing up new WH destinations with new high(er) level devices. Ideally said devices could be mission rewards for new quests or something similar.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of pairing up new WH destinations with new high(er) level devices. Ideally said devices could be mission rewards for new quests or something similar.

I agree, set up a mission for each device, make them either L8 or L9, and give the reward as a print for the device. Make the manufactured device non-tradable, and JE only. Also would be a reason for JE's to put points into their Build Devices skill. (if they do the mission they can use the disk to integrate the recipe, but they cannot build it until they've invested 21 skill points into build devices). While they're at it, put a refined ore of some sort as one of the components.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the original EnB the Bogeril had a Tail Tucker device as a reward option that took the user back to the O'Homestead.

Considering the old trade wormhole support that often involved at stop at N7 for pickup, a similar device that could be rewarded for a N7 quest would be one that would haul the user to N7 taking care of half of the trade job route.

Somewhere in the process, I figured the existing WH positions would end up being too narrow a spread over a large universe and the jenquai would 'recalibrate' some of the WH above level 4. The first four were in jenquai or jenquai shared space. If the jenquai were going to get the ability to use each others faction gates (as alluded to in the notes picked up after the closure), then Jupiter and Paren Station would only be separated by Io. Then there distance between Swooping Eagle, Carpenter, and ABB which is just two or three gates. The introduction of an N7 device could open up either ABB or Jupiter for recalibrating.