Missing Transport

ok im getting several different locations from people in new player chat and none have worked out. Im on part 2 and need to kill the Red Dragon Freighter. any reliable location on it?

thnx

sig

ok im getting several different locations from people in new player chat and none have worked out. Im on part 2 and need to kill the Red Dragon Freighter. any reliable location on it?

thnx

sig

From the base warp to the moon (I forget if it's Deimos or Phobos), from there warp north to the destroyed transport. If you already have the nav stop a little short (only because of the mobs there), and move toward the nav while pressing X. (or whatever key you use to target closest thing, if you're not using default controls). A nav called Meeting Place should appear. If not move around and repeat until that nav shows. That's the nav you need to go to to kill the RD freighter. It's CL8, or at least it was when my PT did the mission. The RD freighters also have other RD mobs around as well.

• 3 months later...

I'm having problems with the first step of this mission, where it says "Check the area around the Mars gate".

I have warped east from Mars gate, gone through the gravity well to the Destroyed Progen Freighter.

Found the Nav Meeting Point.

Killed lvl 1, 6 and 8 Dragons.

But what do I have to do, for the mission log to update?

From the Mars gate warp east, after hitting the grav well keep going hitting the x key and the grav well nav will show up, get close to it and the mission should update.

ok, It took me a long time to find the right area for this transport. Now I don't know if they moved the area in a patch but finally found the location of the nav point and transport. Now if your duel projectiles are manufatured and your ammo is 200% he's easy. The nav point for the mission is at 39,77 and the location where I killed the transport was at 48,78. I came in from the south east and killed the transport before I found the nav and the mission moved onward. Hope this helps for future Progen Privateers !

• 2 months later...

SPOILER ALERT:

PP...don't read beyond this its a spoiler.

When your trainer tells you to look for something "unusual" near the mars gate: free warp due east...you will hit a grav well 30k from gate. Continue thrusting another 20k the same way and hit "x" key, it will expose a grav well generator (50k isn't really "near" the gate IMO)...return to trainer.

He later tells you to search for the freighter: Come in from the waste disposal nav in the NE and free warp NW (north of the moon)to avoid the grav well. There will be drones around a wrecked progen ship (good to lvl on and decent drops..might want to save the missle luanchers and ammo btw).

The next step he has you look for RD freighters: Once again come in from NE to the wrecked freighter. Free warp N by NE from there..keep eyes open for red dragons and a nav named "secret meeting place" you will need to target and warp over that nav for the discovery phase of the mission.

You then go to trainer for a mission needing to kill those same ships (If I remember right its the shield recharging mission). This is were those missle launchers and ammo from the drones will come in handy...if you have done the Zeig npc ML mission from Arx Magister you will have the skill to use them (and zeig's ML that does plasma dmg). The ML will have a greater range than PL and you can fight while thrusting away (it's called kiting)like those filthy-money-grubbing-Terrans do :(, watch the names of the ships and kill the number of each type the mission giver said. Complete.

Edited by Dakynos
added spoiler tag