where can i get the latest trunk

That is the latest release yes, maybe not the latest source that the developers are working on as they may not have commited any recent changes

We are controlling the release of the SVN updates as to keep the server working for people that are using the database dump.

As we are constantly making changes to both, this way makes it easier for people wanting to run private servers as database dumps were not done as often SVN updates...

Hope i have explained this adequately enough...

That is the latest release yes, maybe not the latest source that the developers are working on as they may not have commited any recent changes

We are controlling the release of the SVN updates as to keep the server working for people that are using the database dump.

As we are constantly making changes to both, this way makes it easier for people wanting to run private servers as database dumps were not done as often SVN updates...

Hope i have explained this adequately enough...

So... while not necessarily in lockstep with Sunrise, it IS in lockstep with the available database dump? Does everything in SVN actually publish to the WebSVN interface linked to thru net-7.org? Or do I need an SVN client to actually see everything correctly?

So... while not necessarily in lockstep with Sunrise, it IS in lockstep with the available database dump? Does everything in SVN actually publish to the WebSVN interface linked to thru net-7.org? Or do I need an SVN client to actually see everything correctly?

It should be, yes, and no, although to obtain the source code, you should use a client like SmartSVN:

http://www.syntevo.com/smartsvn/index.html

A limited version of SmartSVN, which contains all the functionality a user who's not committing will need, is available for free, with a 30-day fully functional trial. Also, there are lots of resources out there where you can acquire serials for SmartSVN.

I really hated TortoiseSVN when I used it. I found that it was slow, not well-designed in the user interface department, and often locked up its GUI whenever it was performing an operation of any kind, which is a hallmark of poor/lazy programming. I will say that I haven't used TortoiseSVN in over a year though, so maybe it has improved.

TortoiseSVN is what I've been using the past year or so. Yes it had some problems when I first started using it, but the updated versions are much more stable. About the only time I see a big pause is when it does it's update check and there is a newer version available.