In-Game Clock

Evoz

Hi guys, just a "small suggestion". If it's possible (probably not because you can't change the client?), could we get an in-game clock added? My PC at home detests alt-tabbing to check the time (or for anything else :)) and i really don't want to have to run it in windowed mode. Plus, it would help the few of us from Australia with knowing what time it is in the US :P

Feel free to shoot me down if it's not possible :)

Sharz

Ah, thanks for reminding me. This is something I've wanted to do for a while. We'll put the old "/thetime" command back in.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I've added a slash command so you can retrieve the time whilst in-game. The command can be used as follows:

// To get the current UTC time:
/time
// To get your local time:
/time <offset>

Where <utc_offset> would be your local offset from UTC. For example: I live on the east coast of the US and it's DST right now, so my offset is -4 (negative four). If I lived on the west coast, it'd be -7 (negative seven). If it were winter, and DST weren't in effect, those would both be one less (-5 and -8 respectively). Assuming my code is OKed by the server devs, this command should be available whenever the play server is rebuilt (i.e. when something more important is changed :().

Well, I made a boo-boo. The /time command, as I've written it, does not adjust the day/month/year with the UTC offset, just the hour. (facepalm, lol) I'm currently attempting to fix this.

All better.

Edited by C Del

Well, I made a boo-boo. The /time command, as I've written it, does not adjust the day/month/year with the UTC offset, just the hour. (facepalm, lol) I'm currently attempting to fix this.

All better.

I tried /time .. Illegal Command

Tried /time utc_-5 also Illegal command

what am I doing wrong?

It's not on the play server yet. It should be in after the next restart. Also, you don't need the "utc_", you would just use "/time -5"; sorry if my explanation was a little unclear.

The "/time" (or "/thetime") command is now on the play server.

Side Note:

For those of you in the UTC timezone, you can get rid of the "Use /time <utc_offset> to see an adjusted time." message by running the command "/time 0" instead of "/time" alone.

I recommend binding it to a quick chat shortcut by typing in the time command with your offset and using Alt+F1 - Alt+F12; you can then run the command instantly using Ctrl+ whatever F key you used to set the message.

• 1 month later...