Last chance before I give up

First off I want to thank everyone that has helped me. Each time I have gotten a little closer to playing, but then it seems my thread dies out and no one helps me anymore.

I can currently run Net-7 and log in.....I can create a character.....once I go to enter the game it shuts down and says TCP server reset.....I have checked the port, it is not being used for anything (this is the last piece of advice I received).

Please help, I really want to help get this program moving. I realize I am only one stress tester but the more the better I figure.

Much Appreciated in advance

Ok if you had other threads, not sure what you might have seen already, but:

If you are running windows vista/7:

try running a combination of xp mode and running as administrator (just xp mode works for some, running as xp & admin wroks for others) this needs to be for all the executables; that means the launcher, the proxy , client.exe, and ebconfig.exe (run all these in the same mode)

if you are not running windows vista/7 please respond, your problem will probably need more diagnosis( that I myself probably can't do, hehe)

So is it going like this?

- Start Net7 Launcher

-- Server: Net7 Multi-Player (Custom)

-- Host: play.net-7.org

-- Packet Optimzation: checked so on

-- Authentication: Port 443, Secure Auth (SSL): checked

-- Client Detours: unchecked

-- Local Cert: unchecked

-- Launch Debug: unchecked

-- New drop down box that was added with v1.9.6 has your primary IP address selected

- Click "Play"

- Net7Proxy launches

-- Net7Proxy version 1.75 (in the DOS window)

-- Using IP: 127.0.0.1

-- Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

-- followed by more text

- Game client launches (you might have a ToS agree page)

-- You can log in and get to the character page

-- Once you select the character you get the generic E&B loading screen with the galaxy map, and then poof you lose connection to global server?

If this is the case, then you need to look at the Net7Proxy window and capture what's shown there to help diagnose the problem better, and the more text the better. The TCP connection reset line isn't enough information.

Also, if you want to try one additional thing, you could try to start the game with Local Cert checked.

I don't have enough time to respond fully right now, I just want to say that you should not try to use Win7's XP Mode function. XP Mode doesn't support DirectX graphics, which are required to run the game. I'll address the core issue of this thread as soon as I have time, please bear with me as my schedule is nasty this week.

Thanks

OK, I've read your problem and it seems pretty heavy duty. Can you meet me on the Teamspeak 3 server (net-7.org:9987) or on skype so we can work this out one-on-one? It's usually too difficult to solve serious connection issues like this over the forums.

I don't have enough time to respond fully right now, I just want to say that you should not try to use Win7's XP Mode function. XP Mode doesn't support DirectX graphics, which are required to run the game. I'll address the core issue of this thread as soon as I have time, please bear with me as my schedule is nasty this week.

Thanks

Whaa?? i've been running w/xp mode on win7 all of ST4.... maybe I'm senile, going to check when I get on home comp tonight.

There is no problem with Win7/XP mode to run ENB, but not needed. Win7 is running

the launcher, net7proxy and also the server correctly without XP mode.

At least the 32bit version of Win7.

greets

Hexergirl

It works well on the 64bit version as well. I'm almost positive XP Mode doesn't support DX, unless there's been a change... I'm flabbergasted.

this solve the problem for me and a few others .

I posted this the fifth time now ... but i agree its not easy to find it .

C Del , I really don't want to undercut you .

but you are gravely mistaken about the subject.

i am using default game folder for simplicty

to fix the crush after login on a win7/vista machine.

change the compatibility mode of the original game file :

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

right click , properties , compatibility type , select compatibility mode and select winxp service pack 3.

run C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG as admin , and save your settings .

run net-7 as usually and log in !

-------------------------

if game did not show up after setting the compatibility mode , you have to do this :

try running net-7 as admin .

if that does not work -

run net-7 as admin , and do force update.

after that

run C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG as admin .

if game still do not run after net-7 is up just use directly

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client (as admin)

after the proxy has connected.

hope it helps ,

haflo

...that corrects graphics problems, which almost always manifest themselves directly after login, not after character selection. After character selection, the real traffic between the server and client starts, so network problems usually occur at that point. You can try the above mentioned methods, but what you're describing sounds much more like a connection issue, which typically requires some one-on-one troubleshooting to resolve.

I've since checked and i AM running everything in xpmode on my win7pro 32bit, and always have been, so don't know where you got the idea that it doesn't support DX :D . If I do NOT run in xpmode, I experience the exact same problem as the OP (re-confirmed this last night), so that is why I suggested he try it (if not using xp already, that is)

We're talking about two separate things, sorry. I'm talking about "XP Mode" through windows Virtual PC, which can be Dow loaded from Microsoft to run legacy applications within a virtual windows xp machine while actually running Windows 7. If I'm not mistaken, you mean Compatibility Mode for windows XP (SP2/SP3), which definitely does support DX. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I've since checked and i AM running everything in xpmode on my win7pro 32bit, and always have been, so don't know where you got the idea that it doesn't support DX :D . If I do NOT run in xpmode, I experience the exact same problem as the OP (re-confirmed this last night), so that is why I suggested he try it (if not using xp already, that is)

I run nothing in Win7 XP mode and all is working. As i know XP mode is needed only if you have a hardware that doesn't work 100% correct(100% compatible) in Win7 mode.

Maybe try to get for hardware like soundcard, graphic card, mouse the Win7 drivers(not the win7 drivers which are installed from Win), or atleast a Vista driver.

greets

Hexergirl

if enb is really that important to you... then you will format your hard drive reinstall windows version doesnt matter... enb runs on all of them... oh and it has to be a legally licensed version... then you will do all the windows update, install a legally purchased or acquired virus scan program and then... and before you do anything else... you will follow the complete enb install instructions...

unless you have no video card on your computer capable of handling 3d... at this point, and any broken hardware issues aside... I personally guarantee that enb will run...

after that you can download and install whatever other crap you have on your pc that is preventing enb from running... cuz broken hardware or a vid card from 1997 aside the reason enb will not run on your pc is a software issue based on actions and things you did to the pc... its not a microsoft or anyone else problem...

oh and enb WILL NOT run in winxpmode on window 7 as there is no 3d video driver for winxp mode... however... enb is more than happy to run on all versions of win7... there is also no reason to run enb in any modes on any known microsoft os... unless of course you have software issues caused by you :)

dont mean to be harsh... but enbemu will run on 32 and 64 bit win7 and all versions prior... I know cuz I have done it... and I really would like to see you be able to get in game...

There have been problems the last week with disconnect issues. Make sure you update your net7. Click on help, advanced settings, and click on "force update" close the launcher, and restart it. There are new net7 files that fix most (if not all) of the problems.

also try running checkdisk. on vista you can get it by click on 'computer' then rightclicking on the drive which has E&B installed, then 'Tools' then 'Check Now'.

Someone posted this a while back. At the time when I tried to run E&B on my Vista laptop I'd get as far as selecting the character, then I'd get the client crashing to desktop every time. After the check disk it now works perfectly every time. It might not solve your problem but you never know - I was at my wit's end with this one until I read about that fix.

hope this helps,

TB

We're talking about two separate things, sorry. I'm talking about "XP Mode" through windows Virtual PC, which can be Dow loaded from Microsoft to run legacy applications within a virtual windows xp machine while actually running Windows 7. If I'm not mistaken, you mean Compatibility Mode for windows XP (SP2/SP3), which definitely does support DX. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ahaha that'd be my fault then, since XP mode is the official term for the Virtual PC winxp.... yes , meant the compatibility mode.

On a related note, I do run EnB on win xp loaded on virtual box, and does work but with some sound issues (of-course that is quite distinct from virtual pc :) )

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, caine. hopefully when you get with CDel, things will get resolved.

• 3 weeks later...

if enb is really that important to you... then you will format your hard drive reinstall windows version doesnt matter... enb runs on all of them... oh and it has to be a legally licensed version... then you will do all the windows update, install a legally purchased or acquired virus scan program and then... and before you do anything else... you will follow the complete enb install instructions...

unless you have no video card on your computer capable of handling 3d... at this point, and any broken hardware issues aside... I personally guarantee that enb will run...

after that you can download and install whatever other crap you have on your pc that is preventing enb from running... cuz broken hardware or a vid card from 1997 aside the reason enb will not run on your pc is a software issue based on actions and things you did to the pc... its not a microsoft or anyone else problem...

oh and enb WILL NOT run in winxpmode on window 7 as there is no 3d video driver for winxp mode... however... enb is more than happy to run on all versions of win7... there is also no reason to run enb in any modes on any known microsoft os... unless of course you have software issues caused by you :)

dont mean to be harsh... but enbemu will run on 32 and 64 bit win7 and all versions prior... I know cuz I have done it... and I really would like to see you be able to get in game...

Ok, so I wiped my hard drive. And now when I start Net-7 it just says that it cannot intialize