Channels

If it's possible to add channels, I would suggest 3. Seekers, Privateers, and Scouts. Puts them on the same footing as the original 6 classes, each of whom has their own channel.

I can't give you a definite answer on this, but the major roadblock for this is that we can't add a button to join/switch to such a channel. The only workaround I can see would be to add a slash command to talk to each new channel. We use this method for beta, gm, and dev channels.

Hope that helps.

In live at least on my server the profession channels were rarely of any use other than the odd new player asking for mission help. The race channels (jenquai progen terran) were of even less use.

I know it can be different here and everything as this will be much better than live, but that amount of channels is far beyond what could ever be needed.

Possible solution would be not adding channels but removing the profession channels altogether leaving the race channels free for the purpose of help with missions and race talk. This also makes sense with a lot of missions of different professions of the same race being identical.