So, whats left to do... really?

First off - I can't believe I'm in a position to be playing my favorite game of all time again. Kudos to everybody who is involved with this resuscitation effort. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the genius, the patience, the dedication, and attention to detail of the team. You guys rock - don't let anyone tell you different.

I've leveled up my JE to about L30 overall and can't seem to find any big problems with the game, the experience has been solid and the only thing keeping me from progressing is the impending wipe before we go live.

So my question is this - what's left to do? Why aren't we in Beta?

I'm ready to rock and roll!

The Terran Scout still needs Afterburn and Null-Factor skills to be implemented and included. There likely need to be more items included in game specifically for the Scout, Seeker, and Privateer as well as some items that aren't in game yet from live. Privateer likely needs at least 1 unique skill. Jobs still need to be implemented. More new sectors have to be ready, either before live, or at some storyline apropriate point post-live (depending on storyline). Some skills still need work, for the Jenquai Cloak and Fold Space still don't work quite right, there are probably skills in the other races that don't work quite right either. Several of the orefields from Live aren't in yet. Bugs need to be squashed.

Check the bug forums :P Lots of work left but it is playable which is huge progress compared to even just a year or two ago.

From a big picture view: Implementing a scripting system so we can make more dynamic missions and encounters (read: RAIDS) and then we have to go through the balance passes on everything to make it all fun and not let one class be super-powered (y'know, the fun part that everyone loves!).

:P

Kyp

• Upvote 1