New Progen Traderoutes

After reading about the introduction of some new Progen-friendly traderoutes I decided to "explore" and see if I could find any good ones.

I did find some really nice routes, but the problem with all of them was that neither had a return-goods to be carried.

Did I miss something or is this intended, and if so why ?

I did check out the neighbouring stations for goods to carry back, but no luck there either :(

/Tottepp

After reading about the introduction of some new Progen-friendly traderoutes I decided to "explore" and see if I could find any good ones.

I did find some really nice routes, but the problem with all of them was that neither had a return-goods to be carried.

Did I miss something or is this intended, and if so why ?

I did check out the neighbouring stations for goods to carry back, but no luck there either :(

/Tottepp

Could be a little helpful to list what trade route your speaking of for a few reason.

1) There might be a return good, but we don't know your start/end point.

2) Progen trade routes are so new some might not know of any at all (like me)

3) If there should be a return item but it is a text bug the DEVs wont know b/c you never listed details.

just IMO this might help you get faster info in return :) Good Luck!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to withhold information at all, my post was more directed to the Devs :(

Anyway, these were a few of them (TL50, neg5, PP), didn't take notes so it's just from what I recall:

F7 - Norstrand Vor: Exotic Dancers, 1700 exp, 8 minutes at 5.2k warp (a lot better than Fenris-Somerled)

OMP - Norstrand Vor: Forgot goods, something with ore, 1100 exp

DCO - Arx Tiberius: Didn't take much note of this route since it's clearly meant for PWs, but neither of the two goods at Arx Tiberius is going to DCO (ran that way with a TL6 PW)

On a sidenote, there was a goods from Norstrand Vor marked for OMP, but it didn't reward any exp for me, just some minor credits gained (like 250 each or so).

Gonna check some more stations in the non-Terran/Jennie space and see if there is anything else noteworthy :) Feel free to add your findings.

/Tottepp

:P Keep looking.

I made it that you should be able to bounce all over the place like some crazed pinball in a machine!

The goods are set by the Item Developers once I said how far a trade route was. They have eyes on the selling/buying prices you see - short jumps will not score as high as higher ones.

:P Keep looking.

I made it that you should be able to bounce all over the place like some crazed pinball in a machine!

The goods are set by the Item Developers once I said how far a trade route was. They have eyes on the selling/buying prices you see - short jumps will not score as high as higher ones.

You mean instead of a small circle (involving 2 stations) these new ones are actually involving more then that to make a round trip?

:) Keep looking.

I am looking, always enjoy new content that needs "discovering" :)

However, I have been all over Progen space now, looking for something worthwhile carrying back after the F7-NV trip, but nothing that would reward exp for a higher level Progen. There is a tradegoods from NV called "bla bla Ore Request" going to OMP. This goods is L3 and priced at around 250 credits, sells for a little over 500 and thus gives no exp for me. I don't understand what the purpose of it is, considering it's a 9 jump route and the reversed route has an item that pays much more and rewards 1100 exp for me.

Found a 3-stop route for low-mid level PPs though. Tarsis - Altair - DCO - Tarsis

Can't say how good it is since I am too high for it, but the long leg DCO-Tarsis (for PP, PW has shortcut) has higher yield at least.

There are probably several more low-mid levels "circuits" out there, but since I can't evaluate them properly I am mostly trying to find routes with higher level/more expensive goods right now, and I am failing :/

/Tottepp

P.S. And no, it's not worth going empty back after visiting NV :)

Next Server restart re-look in Progen Space, one trade route has been upgraded and slightly moved station.

Oh and there will be eventually a few more high level trade routes coming in but that requires content to be pushed from the Developer server to the Player server and we've only just had a content push! However, betas will be able to view those trade routes...

Slight typo in the flavor text of 2 trade goods available from Signifier Marina at Arx Emporos (Altair III). Bolded bits are the typos.

L1 - 61 Cygni Progen Battle Reports

"The Progen Combine are requesting moe aid."

L2 - Prisoners

"Detainees and other lowlifes to be transported to Detention Center Ororom."

Ok,

I'll ask a item developer to do this change. At least it'll give you some indecation on when a content push has happened from Developer server. Any items created are done by themselves - we can't, we can suggest but they have the end say.

Yes.

I can do Progen Sectors, missions, mobs(stats/drops - primarily only for Progen sectors!), spawns, ore fields, ore spawned, trade routes, nav points, decorations, venders, vender equipment, NPC talk trees etc.

However, any content I plan to put in may need to be negociated or informed to other developers. Progen space borders onto other team space, and then I'll have to ask permission to use their NPCs etc. I keep the lead developer for the Progen informed as to any potential changes. For items, for example, we have an item team who are the only ones allowed to edit/implement items. We can provide them the details, but they harmonise the items to make sure an item is not too overpowered and set the base cost price for the item or if manufactured what components make it / what ores and calculate cost that way. It is a collective endevor, so I informed the item developer about the spelling error and he has changed it.

Mission typos I can change but only if they are Progen (as it is impolite to change other team's missions!).

I have no access to coding skills, audio or buffs but probably woudn't want to!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just to give a hint to those seeking progen trade routes..its been said before progen routes are "triangular" so pick up item A>B>C return to A..i.e. hypothetical example: arx tiberius needs this, then nostrand vor needs this, then arx emporos needs this. rinse repeat. This differs from the old terran routes like spice run or fenris research equipment that its not a A>B, B>A.

In looking for the new Progen trade routes, I found that the three trade goods at Pretorium Mons are "badly needed at Pretorium Mons". But they won't buy them back.

Yeah, I forgot what station I was in, and bought a whole hold full of them. Only thing I could do was destroy them and cry because it left me with 12 credits. Oh well, back to hunting for a while.