Our Community

Guest Wanli

Haha, wow, the forums are still like they were in live. People always flaming for no reason. Geesh

Look, the community has some serious ego issues dealing with helping one another. I do not expect the community we had at live, but I do expect players to not act like children, either in response or causing an incident.

For some that is clearly asking to much, as the posts here indicate, which is a shame, but expected.

The answer isn't get in a guild, though it does make things more helpful, it isn't the end all be all answer. We as a community should strive to be a better community than that of WoW.

Seeing the responses here, though, leaves me little hope that, that can be achieved.

We as a community should strive to be a better community than that of WoW.

Seeing the responses here, though, leaves me little hope that, that can be achieved.

Yeah for more elitism! Less QQing about community and speaking like the community is never going to be back on some fictitious nostalgic pedastal, more being nice to people in game and letting actions speak louder than words.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but some folks should lighten up a bit.

I'll go onto guild chat and ask if somebody can upgrade my X-item to X-item+1 ... and if it is as dead as a house full of roaches after the bug man just came through, then chances are very good people are busy, AFK, or otherwise dealing with wife-aggro, kid aggro, or would just prefer to pick the lint and cheese from under their big toes...

... to either building/upgrading my stuff, or even orchestrating a tour (a task that can take several hours to complete, counting the various gates-to-desktops and other errors that get made).

Lighten up. Relax. Somebody will be on either later, or tomorrow to build your comps, run your tour, or even discuss the fine aroma of your toenail-pickings. :D

Yeah for more elitism! Less QQing about community and speaking like the community is never going to be back on some fictitious nostalgic pedastal, more being nice to people in game and letting actions speak louder than words.

Elitism is more about what the WoW community has become. If that is what you want, by all means you can have the WoW community.

Was the EnB community 100% awesome, hell no, and no one I have seen post about it claims it such. Only those who prefer to act childish claim so.

Does it hurt to be nice to someone in game? Clearly for you it would be, but hey, we can just ignore you to when you need help. Nothing big, but the community as a whole should be a bit more willing to at least respond even if it is in the negative to the question.

Try asking for help with a quest in WoW, and you get 50 flames, 25 go to wowhead/mmo-champion, and maybe 2 people who will help you out. That should NOT be what we strive for here.

If you think that is the way it should be, maybe you need to go back to Legalos your night elf hunter and be a bad ass there.

I dunno...my wife has been playing with me, and has been amazed at how friendly and helpful the community is here at ENB. I remember having to deal with jerks when ENB was live...people who were rude, sometimes vulgar, selfish, or would intentionally kill steal or harass someone.

However, you compare that community to the people of WoW, EVE, or EQ2, or various other MMO's out there...and there is no comparison. I am sorry that you didn't get your tour, and it sucks that someone was rude when you complained about it...but if you base an entire community on what a few people in open chat said, you will NEVER be able to be happy playing any MMO currenty out or that will be released.

It's kind of like saying, "someone at the grocery store didn't say excuse me when they hit me with their shopping cart, so I won't ever go to another store again!"

/shrug

Stay tuned for another episode of As Earth and Beyond Turns!

Elitism is more about what the WoW community has become. If that is what you want, by all means you can have the WoW community.

By saying this, you are suggesting we are better than all WoW people = the very elitism you are suggesting we should avoid.

Does it hurt to be nice to someone in game? Clearly for you it would be, but hey, we can just ignore you to when you need help.

Try asking for help with a quest in WoW, and you get 50 flames, 25 go to wowhead/mmo-champion, and maybe 2 people who will help you out. That should NOT be what we strive for here.

Eh? I said specifically that you should be nice to people instead of writing posts about the plight of a community on the internets. If you want to make something better, you can talk about it, or fix it.

Roughly 67% (statiscally accurate to within 67%) of questions on Market get "go check enbdb.com".

I think you misunderstood my post which had a blend of sarcasm and seriousness, but basically, WoW comparisons and forum threads won't change anything, doing something in game will.

Also it's a MMO, and if someone wants to be an ass-hat within the terms of service, that's their perogative, add them to the ignore list, and move on. If everyone is deemed to be an ass-hat, and that bothers you, don't play. I'm not promoting ass-hattery, but it's inevitable, and people can't get bent out of shape everytime someone doesn't do exactly what they hoped for. Eventually most ass-hats will get ignored/driven out of the game, or form a collective of like-minded people which is also perfectly fine.

• Upvote 2

If you think that is the way it should be, maybe you need to go back to Legalos your night elf hunter and be a bad ass there.

And there we have another reference to WoW. ;)

You guys must have had very bad luck. WoW is the only game that I have never had any griefing or harassment in. Sure, people will tell you to go to WoWhead or whatever (just as they tell you to go to enbdatabase here) because maybe it gets boring when people every damn day ask questions that they easily could have answered themself. Demanding that people should spend time guiding you through a mission (or whatever it may be) when they perhaps have very little time to play themselves or might be busy is a bit respectless in my opinion. In particular when you ask only because you are too lazy to spend two minutes looking it up yourself.

Personaly I always use whatever resources there are available to find it answers myself and only when that turns out to be impossible do I ask for help.

//Wex

• Downvote 1

In other games (WoW included) because of the broker and market systems, its very easy to be a complete and total jerk and douche bag and still be able to succeed in the game, and because such behavior is tolerated and sometimes even encouraged by other MMO's, the community was rather, well, leaving something to be desired. Games like L2 that have a karma system rather than all out pvp encourage players to behave, and games like ENB that rely on people selling to others in auction channels, with no way to trade gear to your alts, no mail system,ect. force people to be nice or get ignored and black listed.

That doesn't mean games like ENB and L2 are without jerks, it just means it's more difficult for the jerks to hit max level and have what they call "fun"...most of those people were weeded out of ENB early on. However, I still remember plenty of people who were max level and kill stealers and jerks.

I have a piece of advise to both sides here. Deal with it. ENB is a computer game. Try to have fun, and if it is impossible for you to have fun in a MMO because someone pissed you off, then go find another hobby...because it WILL happen again. That is part of MMO's...the whole Massively Multi-player thing...

And there we have another reference to WoW. :)

You guys must have had very bad luck. WoW is the only game that I have never had any griefing or harassment in. Sure, people will tell you to go to WoWhead or whatever (just as they tell you to go to enbdatabase here) because maybe it gets boring when people every damn day ask questions that they easily could have answered themself. Demanding that people should spend time guiding you through a mission (or whatever it may be) when they perhaps have very little time to play themselves or might be busy is a bit respectless in my opinion. In particular when you ask only because you are too lazy to spend two minutes looking it up yourself.

Personaly I always use whatever resources there are available to find it answers myself and only when that turns out to be impossible do I ask for help.

//Wex

Haha I have referenced WoW twice and for both the same reasons! :P

You do not play on a PvP server if you have never been griefed or harrassed, which is fine, but it happens all the time on PvP servers. Not complaining about that, nature of being on a PvP server. :)

The community on the other hand has gone down hill steadily. Is it the end of the world? No, but then I have played the game long enough and have enough friends that what ever I need I can get. Newer people coming into the game, well I just feel sorry for them and help when I can. I enjoy my time, but do remember the first year when everyone on my realm was more than happy to help someone with a quest or any other question. Some can be answered better by using an outside resource, but flaming someone and just being rude shouldn't be an achievement we reach for in any game. Kids will be kids, but doesn't mean you should act like one.

• Upvote 1