Stuck at galaxy map

After entering my account details and i load into a character i get stuck on the galaxy map for 10 mins or more then i get took back to the main menu and have to re enter my account details, i've also had a GM black hole me and un black hole me and it didn't work, i also reinstalled the games several times (5-6 times) and i have all the boxes checked on the launcher and its still not working, i have also tried making a new character and it still didn't load me in.

image_2023-12-15_051739786.png

image_2023-12-15_051800014.png

I was on discord (along with @Sinjen/Dahaka/Cartog (what do I call you man!) and @Woodstock HGM) trying to help debug this. Once we worked through his other issues we came to the same conclusion. We did add net7proxy.exe to the Windows Firewall but that didn't help. The current suspicion is that his provider/router/access point is to blame (currently a T-Mobile Hotspot, with an imminent upgrade this Sunday) so if there weren't any other suggestions before that we were hoping that would solve it.

Based on some other posts I found it may also be worth trying out a VPN (e.g. ProtonVPN has a free tier) as that would get around any provider imposed restrictions (assuming it doesn't block the VPN tunnel itself).

Hmm, that's odd, the VPN should just start and create a VPN tunnel connection on your computer that should show up as an alternative like wired or wireless connections and typically ensures that it is used by priority (while it uses the underlying wired or wireless connection itself).  So the goal is that it funnels all the traffic over the VPN.

Which VPN did you get?  Not all VPN clients are created equally and the free tier may not allow certain kinds of traffic (i.e. like the kind you need, TCP 443 for initial connection and UDP 3800-4000, etc.)

One thing to try is when you have the VPN enabled, try opening a command prompt (Win+R, ps, enter - I'm not a windows guy, but I think this will start powershell, otherwise find it in start menu) and try running (note this is because sunrise.net-7.org is configured to not respond to ping, probably for security, though any port scanner worth a damn will rapidly turn up 443 anyway):

ps> tnc sunrise.net-7.org -port 443

which should give you some indication of whether it's allowing you to connect to that host on that port.  If it fails while connected to the VPN and works when disconnected then that's the problem.  Try to find a VPN where it works.