Seeker scan cap?

Does anyone happen to know if there's a scan cap on Seekers? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get above 10k scan range on my Seeker, and that's with max scan skill, Lvl 7 Roc (+3392 scan range), and Lvl 6 Grand Baka buff (+25% scan).

Would be nice to know. When the Mordana beams are ultimately added (at that point in the storyline), I do think it should be possible to get over 10K with a 200% one.

3.5 (JT base scan range) + 2.0 (Scan 5) + 5K (GE@200% quality) = 10.5K

Note that the Scan skill actually is giving more than 1K at L1, and building from there, so it's a little more than 2K scan range added from Scan 5, and more than 2500 for scan 7 (JE/JW).

I would also think that whatever items are ultimately added for the JT, (that aren't in game yet) at least some of them might have a Scan buff (being that a JT is a Trader with Explorer race traits).

I don't know if the Hidden/Invisible eye devices are in game yet. (if the Hidden Eye is available elsewhere since the Veil Trader wasn't open last I looked. but it's a nice device for any Jenquai or Terran to have, increase scan range, reduce ship sig.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a scan cap on Seekers? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get above 10k scan range on my Seeker, and that's with max scan skill, Lvl 7 Roc (+3392 scan range), and Lvl 6 Grand Baka buff (+25% scan).

well I am not sure what the cap is... but when doing your math, if I am not mistaken... the +% buff gets added to your base scan (not including scan skill)... and then the +scan buffs...

so its 3,500 * 1.25 + 3392

question... is the +scan from skill and the +scan from devices the same buff? so you dont need the scan from the roc if you got max scan skill?

well I am not sure what the cap is... but when doing your math, if I am not mistaken... the +% buff gets added to your base scan (not including scan skill)... and then the +scan buffs...

so its 3,500 * 1.25 + 3392

question... is the +scan from skill and the +scan from devices the same buff? so you dont need the scan from the roc if you got max scan skill?

I think you're right about this on activated scan buffs. On a JT using a Sextans (activated scan buff), it increases her scan range by 0.9. Before my JT got her scan skill, Sextans increased her scan range from 3.5 to 4.4, an increase of 0.9K. With Scan 4, and no equipped scan buffs, a Sextans increases her scan range frin 5.5 to 6.4, which is the same increase, 0.9, as she got before learning the Scan skill. At least for activated scan buffs. Will have to try this with an equipped & activated scan buff, to see if having an equipped one installed affects the amount gained by an activated one.

Edit: Even with both an equipped and activated buff, the activated only counts the 3.5K base scan range. Did it with a Zenshai Nav Computer, Scan 4, and a Sextans, and still the increase was the same 0.9K.

Edited by Terrell