4K resolution?

I need some help figuring this out. I recently changed TV's from an HD to UHD '4K". However, after running EB Config as an "admin" the game does not load up correctly. ie:

I press "play" and then "I agree" the game initiates, in that it displays an E&B image and then nothing. No cinematic after that, no sign in screen etc. I check if the client is running and it is but the game is not displaying. Any suggestions? It was working just fine on my old TV resolution. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Sincerely,

Alain (Aviator)

E and B 2.PNG

E and B.PNG

Your local IP looks weird. Mine is set to my local machine. 192.168.1.110....

IP address 10.0.0.231 is registered by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) as a part of private network 10.0.0.0/24. IP addresses in the private space are not assigned to any specific organization, including your ISP (Internet Service Provider), and anybody may use these IP addresses without the consent of a regional Internet registry as described in RFC 1918, unlike public IP addresses. 

However, IP packets addressed from a private range cannot be send through the public Internet, and so if such a private network needs to connect to the Internet, it has to be done through a network address translator (also called NAT) gateway, or a proxy server. 

An example of a NAT gateway would be a wired or wireless router you receive from a broadband provider. The fixed IP address of such a device in network range 10.0.0.0/24 would generally be 10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.254 depending on the provider. A gateway webinterface should be available through the HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) and/or HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) protocols. To try this you should enter 'http://ip address' or 'https://ip address' in the address bar of your favorite web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and log in with the username and password provided by your provider. 

You can use these types of (private network) IP addresses in your local network and assign it to your devices such as a personal computer, laptop, tablet and/or smartphone. It is also possible to configure a range within a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server to do the IP assigning automatically.

May be your issue

• Like 1

MIM:

Both addresses in question are private IP ranges, the difference is his is Class A (24-bit block) and yours is Class C (8-bit block). Class A is typically used in corporate networks in my experience but ultimately that's in how your network is configured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

now that said, the IP shouldn't really affect whether or not the game itself is displaying, the IP bit will only matter for the patcher/proxy launching if these are doing their thing the local client should run pretty much of it's on steam on your computer.

So you changed the resolution using that tool if you change it back to the lower resolution does it work again? We haven't tested it for 4K I'm pretty sure, I don't have anything like that set up for my house at this point. E&B Config was a utility shipping with the live game, it may have no idea how to represent such resolutions as it has to create registry keys to represent your configuration. A fan designed a new tool some time ago for configuring the resolution but i'm not sure if it's still out there/functional. You may be able to find it in the forums or possibly on our download section if it's up there and still available. it was called Net-7 Config.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the assist... no luck thus far. Lowered the resolution and it just makes a smaller window and then closes it. Not sure what to do. I would play on HD and not 4K. What a bummer. 

Tried the "help" section in the top right? (helped me out in the past)

launcher > Help > Advanced Settings > "Force Update" 

let it re-patch to recent version.

doesn't seem to be anything concerning 4K.

(i've ran it on 4K with the net7 config Kyp mentioned, its a remote desktop connection to my PC using an Nvidia shield though)

thanks again to the community for the assist, unfortunately no luck yet. My old set up was with a 1080p TV and now I am running a Samsung at 3840 x 2160. It will display a window with some E&B imagery and then it closes that window while the client remains open. What the heck. :P 

Sincerely,

Alain 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, Aviator said:

thanks again to the community for the assist, unfortunately no luck yet. My old set up was with a 1080p TV and now I am running a Samsung at 3840 x 2160. It will display a window with some E&B imagery and then it closes that window while the client remains open. What the heck. :P 

Sincerely,

Alain 

E&B Imagery = opening movie? Can you show us via screens or pictures? Can maybe point you to it. Also I'm archaic and cheap, still on my first 720p TV. :P