Unplanned time away from EnB

This morning I woke up to the sou d of heavy equipment in my driveway. The phone company was replacing the connection box for the street located between my and the neighbors driveways.  They did not give any warning so either my portal got fried when disconnected and reconnected the lines. Or they did not connect us correctly. So no internet broadband signal or land line phone.  Next available appointment is Thursday after noon.

Edited by Woodstock DGM
Spelling

*****Update***********    I am back online  AT&T came out i explained we didn't have any signals or phone since they changed the box on Tuesday.  they found when the crew that replaced the box in the yard had broke several wired , which, of course, fed my house the internet and phone signals.   

so now i am back after a two day break,    

Woodstock DGM

• Upvote 2

The area is cox/continental/I forget who else. They raise the rates every few weeks.for a very garbage low res signal in this area.

• Upvote 1

I used to have ATT DSL service. They kept me on for years dangling the promise of fiber optic connection,super fast internet and many channels of HD TV.  Never happened but the service nightmare made me ultimately switch.  My outside connection was constantly an issue, intermittent outages and slow connections.  I almost longed for the old 9600 baud modem back.  One service tech came in examined my setup and told me I needed to have my house re-wired to provide a better ground.  This seemed reasonable until I looked at the modem and found there was no ground on the wall wart powering the modem.  My house has a ground, grounded outlets and ground fault outlets around all the water supplies.   Anyway after paying for that service call, threats to disconnect and whining (which I am as good in real life as I am here) I finally got a crew to check the connection in the  alley at the junction? It was found a squirrel had chewed thru a main cable and they were grounding out when the wind blew.  

I switched to cable. 

Mim

On 9/29/2018 at 5:51 AM, Mimir said:

I used to have ATT DSL service. They kept me on for years dangling the promise of fiber optic connection,super fast internet and many channels of HD TV.  Never happened but the service nightmare made me ultimately switch.  My outside connection was constantly an issue, intermittent outages and slow connections.  I almost longed for the old 9600 baud modem back.  One service tech came in examined my setup and told me I needed to have my house re-wired to provide a better ground.  This seemed reasonable until I looked at the modem and found there was no ground on the wall wart powering the modem.  My house has a ground, grounded outlets and ground fault outlets around all the water supplies.   Anyway after paying for that service call, threats to disconnect and whining (which I am as good in real life as I am here) I finally got a crew to check the connection in the  alley at the junction? It was found a squirrel had chewed thru a main cable and they were grounding out when the wind blew.  

I switched to cable. 

Mim

Dedicated man right there  ^ Impressive ^