Explore XP.

My question:

How i level 2x explore level to 50?. I remember the "satelite jobs" on live, but jobs arent working now? Any tip?.

Thx.

If you're an explorer (JE/PE/TE) explore all the navs, then mine or take newbs on tours.

For Traders and Warriors, explore all navs, then do tours. Traders could also do Trade runs, until TL 50 and use spillover.

Also you can use an NPC in Aragoth Station when you reach OL70 to get Explore XP, with a repeatable mission, all races/classes.

• Upvote 1

It might also be added that the explore xp from mining is pretty paltry until you start getting up to lvl 5 asteroids. There is an old JE guide bumping around out there which specifies mining lots of lower level asteroids, but that doesn't match the current reality, or the one I remember from live for that matter.

I haven't mined beyond lvl 5 yet, but presume the xp will get better. Perhaps someone who has tried it can comment. I've a friend who is doing a fair a bit of mining and who is fairly pleased with the results.

If you are a combat char then try finding a high lvl miner that wants to take on the L9 roids in some very dodgy places. But be nice and share the loot that drops.

I sometimes need cover.

Mining xp is not bad if you are mining efficiently - for that you need points investing in Prospect, Reactor (best recharge) and Devices - PM of course. If you invest points elsewhere you will spend all day watching the reactor rise for one more unit to be mined.

Mine the roids above L6 (L1-6 only give 50xp per roid). L9 gives 225xp. If you get it right you suck up the xp constantly - way faster than touring.

Gas is particularly good (more of it please devs!).

Grouping with other miners is even better. A neat thing to do would be to attack high level fields in a swarm with combat cover. Clear the mob, clear the field, move on. The only trouble is there simply isnt enough ore fields in any one system yet, for a team to do this for any length of time.

And remember to refine for trade. If you are near the next prospect level be disciplined and save the ore for the next level and you will get the extra trade when you refine. Keep enough and you will get a really nice bump up on trade.

Tours are great, but there is one problem...the toons you take only get 1/2 XP from navs. Unless they've fixed this recently, of course.

ya yo ustill geting 50%xp ...and ...50% of every other group memeber ... make it 50%x5= 250% of a nav

For TTs there is another source of Explore XP: Holly and Louden at Loki Station (hence TT only) give three repeatable missions.

while it gives no combat XP to shoot the few L2 drones and Bugs, you can then fly to earth station, sell the loot, pack your cargo hold with 10 or even 15 O2 cannisters and Terran Rank insignia each adn return to Loki station.

Talk to Holly and Louden, (finish their missions), talk to them again to get the missions again, then talk again to luden to get his second mission (ou gessed it, bring O2 cannisters and Rank insignia), and finish it right away, then again and (if you cargo hold ws large enough for 15 each) a third time.

Doing this round, you'll get about 25K credits, 6500 combat experience, 14000 explore experience and 21500 (plus loot) trade experience. And you have to gate only two times and you don't have to fly far.

Get a beam weapon for the mobs, so you don't waste your missiles.

Antara

• Upvote 1

Which reminds me - I think there are two silly missions In Glory's Orbit - seeking the paths of memory or something, and checking up on the data satellites. I think that might be one where you get a L2 scan device (....it was 5yrs ago).

Which reminds me - I think there are two silly missions In Glory's Orbit - seeking the paths of memory or something, and checking up on the data satellites. I think that might be one where you get a L2 scan device (....it was 5yrs ago).

Curator Whitley and Science Officer Sharek offer missions at Mercury station in Glorys Orbit. They are not repeatable tho... :(

TooTall