RD association an issue for Agrippa?

I ma slowly navigating the waters of Agrippa. WHile finishing Stage II reactors I was fined 9 million credits for my association with the Red Dragons. My RD faction is 22,525. Is this an actual part of the Agrippa storyline, or does everyone get hit with some sort of fine/credit sink in Agrippa?

I'm not sure if all Progen who do Agrippa get a credit sink of some kind, beyond the cost to make the items involved.  I do know that RD faction is taken into consideration with Agrippa.

Over the long term, expect faction standings, with those other than the mission giver, to play a part in some missions.  Sometimes this will work to your benefit, other times to your detriment.  NPCs may not trust someone who is too friendly with his enemies, or not friendly enough with his friends.  In addition relationships between factions may not be as they appear. 

When I did those missions I made sure to not touch my RD faction from where it was when I created the character and didn't end up having to pay anything or do extra mission steps the couple times the npcs checked RD faction.

In your case looking on the bright side, the normal way missions work is they block players from taking the mission until they change their faction which would have been much worse than losing the up to tens of millions of credits.

But to your question yes there are other sinks related to the story that everyone has to pay. There is the 1 mil for the entrance examination equipment you need to analyze for stage 2, and later for stage 3 you have to pay each Architecti 2 mil credits to start their set of stage 3 missions. Stage 2 Components also had a 2.5 mil analyzable item I had to buy a bunch of to get the print, but those are the only direct big money sinks in there. Other than those direct credit sinks you can easily spend a ton dismantling items for needed ores not to mention the parts for all the items you'll turn in.

The other credit sinks I know about, but I didn't realize that having high RD faction would cost me as well. It adds to the storyline though, so I pay, I pay.