Allied NPC's attacking a job mob

Well, I remember back in live a few instances where a lowbie of mine was rescued from certain incapacitation by a Shinwa patrol swooping down on my attacker. I always thought that was a rather cool feature that gave some realism to the game.

Last night, I was killing a job mob in SE when out of nowhere, four Shinwa, lv 33-37, in beautiful formation, decided that my PW must have been in trouble and attacked my mob as I was engaged in combat. MY PW easily took the kill and xp.

Now for the question: If this ever occurs where the NPC attackers outdamage the person doing the job, is the xp for the job lost?

Vitaes,

The job mob dosn't become attackable until attacked by the player. So first attached is always to the job holder. Also the job mobs should be generally neutral faction - so other mobs should not attack them. We would need to look at the case you mention in SE.

If we get any cases where this is occuring we will adjust the factors so that it is not an issue.

Vitaes,

The job mob dosn't become attackable until attacked by the player. So first attached is always to the job holder. Also the job mobs should be generally neutral faction - so other mobs should not attack them. We would need to look at the case you mention in SE.

If we get any cases where this is occuring we will adjust the factors so that it is not an issue.

Let me add that I am green to the NPC faction that attacked my mob. Don't know if that makes a difference. I'll take a few jobs at asteroid xg-72 in Swoop if I get on later since I see a single lv 35 Shimwa crusing the area at that location and see if it happens again. The only other times this ever happened to my personal experience was always with multiple NPC's in formation, not single NPC's.