the application failed to initialize properly

after the luancher, im trying to reinstall the game from scratch but all the files I have are years old and cant find the most recent install files for net7 anywhere on this site, im prolly just being blind.. dont suppose you can point em out so I can fresh install?

ok, got game running.. but now windowed mode wont work, it goes full screen anyways weather the box is checked or not :S

I discovered earlier that the settings in net7config.exe are ignored (this is in vista if it matters, full admin access). I had to change the E&Bconfig.exe settings to allow a change. Bothe files were found in c:/programfiles/eagames/earth&beyond/EBCONFIG directory.

Have you tried both E&Bconfig.exe? There is one in c:/programfiles/eagames/earth&beyond/ and one in c:/programfiles/eagames/earth&beyond/EBCONFIG.

The one that ends up in the start menu under EA has worked for me in both Win 7 and XP. I didn't use any fancy "run as admin" tricks or anything.