Critical chance

Aye, it wasn't just with crit this worked for, but many of the activated skills as well.  There was always the 50% chance to succeed, skill or crit, against a mob your level.  And scaled similar to my crit explanation above, 10 levels above, 1% chance that it failed/didn't crit.  If the mob was 5 or it might have been 10 levels above, it seems to negate the innate crit rate all together, so that  your crit rate was very similar to your equipment/buff increases. I don't exactly remember the true numbers, as throughout the game they were tweaked and so called "improved"/scaled.  This was very similar to skill usages.

Me and quite a few others tested this till nauseum.

Edited by Willbonney

Check it now, skill crit targeting should be functioning correctly in conjunction with equipped and activated buff crit.  Additionally as per patch notes, character professions without the crit skill should see expected percentages of crits when using equipped crit in their equipment. 

In other words, a PW with level 7 crit and a 200 percent CFB should see a near 95 percent crit rate on par mobs (i do not know personally if level differences actually matter in the formula)

A JE without crit target skill using a MTL @ 200 percent should see somewhere in the area of 30 percent crit rates. (was previously not working)

Check it now, skill crit targeting should be functioning correctly in conjunction with equipped and activated buff crit.  Additionally as per patch notes, character professions without the crit skill should see expected percentages of crits when using equipped crit in their equipment. 

In other words, a PW with level 7 crit and a 200 percent CFB should see a near 95 percent crit rate on par mobs (i do not know personally if level differences actually matter in the formula)

A JE without crit target skill using a MTL @ 200 percent should see somewhere in the area of 30 percent crit rates. (was previously not working)

Aye, that's sort of my point though Stanig, as for same level mobs (i.e. you are cl 50, and mob is OL 50) you always had a 50% chance to crit on that mob even without any critical chance modifications.  As you were over the mob level, it was either a 5% or 10% increase in chance, and if you were under the mob level, the "innate" crit chance went down 5 or 10% (exact numbers elude me at the moment, but was either 5 or 10, not anywhere in between).

And this worked for the success rates of an activated skill as well.  As of right now, I'm seeing the same crit rates against a level 4, as I have against a level 20, and at cl 17 with level 4 Rally, it "feels" a hell of a lot different than the many TE's I leveled in WW Live.

Edited to add:  You would never see more than a ~95% crit rate (think that was max) and never less than a 5% crit rate even on bosses.

Edited to also add:  something I just remembered, this depended on weapon skill usage.  As in, a level 9 beam against a level 50 mob, crit more often than a level 8 beam against the same mob, both players at CL 50.  So it was more than likely due to a modifier based on the level of weapon, compared to mob level as well.

Edited by Willbonney

Don't remember the weapon or weapon skill being the crit modifier on the mob. True, the skill had the Dmg modifier +%, not the crit.

As one of the few L8 beam using PS's live (usually 4 pitbull jr. or 3 pit jr. and a soulbeam), I never saw a difference in crit chances on the occasions when I mounted lower lvl beams that had much faster ROF to farm with, or between L9 PL vs. L8 beams crit hits. PS have crit passive and had a threshold of crits, but I never saw a different number of crits becuase of weapon levels.

After some thought, I'm wrong.  The modifier I'm thinking of is purely for being over the mob's level, and was 5% per level, so that you had a max 50% increase in chance to crit on mobs 10 levels below you.  Not for same level mobs as I originally posted.  I was mixing my old accuracy testings with crit (which was affected a lot by weapon skill usage, weapon accuracy, and mob level compared to yours;  you saw a lot more misses against the bosses in the combat log).  There did however exist the bonus to crit chance based on levels, in both directions.  So that you received less crit against high level mobs  (many less reds against the 66's, however I do not believe it was ever an 80% reduction).

The modifier for weapon skill level was purely for accuracy, which then effected your rates of crits by a pretty good amount.

Trying to pull a lot of my old testing data and files off these old hard drives again and will get it sent in to the dev's this week.

After seeing the update notes today about improved buffs not working unless you have the base skill I wanted to know if critical targeting is effected by this as well.  I'm hoping not since it will make a couple of items less appealing such as the Made to Live and the Good Fortune device.  Thanks.

from Stanig:

Posted Today, 05:53 PM
Generally speaking yes.  If the buff says something like "raises

x skill by 4.23 skill levels" then the buff will not apply to toons
that lack the base skill

However if it says "raises your critical chance by 15 percent" then thats a flat buff that will add.

So Good Fortune and MTL should add Crits to your JE, If I read this right ;)

from Stanig:

Posted Today, 05:53 PM
Generally speaking yes.  If the buff says something like "raises

x skill by 4.23 skill levels" then the buff will not apply to toons
that lack the base skill

However if it says "raises your critical chance by 15 percent" then thats a flat buff that will add.

So Good Fortune and MTL should add Crits to your JE, If I read this right ;)

Only exception is Navigate...

Navigation Computer II (L7) clearly states it adds to players who does not have navigate skill...

Only exception is Navigate...

Navigation Computer II (L7) clearly states it adds to players who does not have navigate skill...

ReRead the discription.

You are missing the part about OR adds improved warp pathing...that isn't adding nav skill to players, its making better nav bouy choices in some instance, i.e. giving shortcuts in some instances when the nav bouys area ctually closer, try it in AP or ABA and see with/without

Additive warp is a seperate and distinct buff not dependant on nav skill.

The part about adding to nav is another differing buff.

Those without navigate skill are only using the "additive warp" buff part of the device.

This is like the buffs on Solar Sail 8. It has "reactor renewal" instead of "reactor recharge", even though the two are simular in effect (they add to your base recharge rate of your reactor) they are stackable equip buffs to get better buff since they are actually "different" buffs.

Edited by Mattsacre