Why I have issues with another stress test

Hey, i just want to tell the devs, Great job!

And this is a Alpha/Prealpha stage, I know we are working on the balance of the game but it would be nice if i could deign my own character for $10 (planing on donating $15 a month) I would enjoy making a test toon or two.

Thank you very much for everyone efforts in the stress tests! I have really enjoyed being part of this and i look forward to being part of ST4.

About the wipe:

To the ones that think running a server with no actually income is easy, please try it.. EA failed even with an income.

I make good amount of money on my servers and its still very hard to keep up with them. I have heard the Google remarks before :lol: but also realize the amount of money Google spends on it.

its really just a cost vs loss ratio... and we are talking in the $1,000's not the $100. FYI (my servers cost about $4,000 a month to keep running) <- temp control, hardware, Data lines, Power, Back up generator, off site backup, IP addresses, rent. I doubt the devs are that serious sense its not there main income.

it would be really cool if you had the server from ST1 up so they/we can have an option of all the great things on st4 or play with a buggy st1 where everyone can keep there account forever and every is at lest lvl 75 (after 20minutes) because the balance is so off.

And where we can only stay logged for more than 25 minutes by putting our computer in a circle with 5 torches around it while dancing, saying tada-o, and throwing chicken bones at it.

LONG LIVE STRESS TEST 4! LONG LIVE EnB!

What many people fail to realize when they make a post like this, is that we could always go back to a closed test meaning everyone would be back to salivating over the forums for news! (unless they were one of the lucky selected ones)

The entire point of stress tests were to connect many many clients to it as possible and let you play with many of the major systems so we could expand the player cap as high as possible to run the game. We've learned a lot in this time we've been running stresses, and it's enabled us to get plenty of feedback on expanding the game.

Without these tests it would have taken us years to increase the caps as high as we have. Now with that in mind, there will be wipes as often as we feel that we need them, or when whim strikes us to do them :lol: It's nothing personal to anyone, and some may get upset about repeating stuff, but we could always cap your levels instead. That would be far more boring, I imagine. If you could only get 10 levels before you were stuck and had to make a new character.

We learn more every day, we expand more every day, and eventually this game will be live and we'll start and advance the story line and barring huge systematic problems there'll never be another wipe again!

On that note, this thread is a bit of flame bait, so I'm going to close it down. We do appreciate the support from everyone who does support us.

Kyp