How many played

I was just wondering if anyone knows how many people played this game under Westwood and how many were playing before EA shut it down??? I'm only asking so i can get my story straight lol. Someone on Hellgate Global ask me. I dont wanna lie.

[quote name='MrMichaels' timestamp='1355102272' post='68553']
Forums arent that busy - look a few topics down and you would have seen this: [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7775-where-you-on-the-original-enb-in-2002-to-2004-or-just-here/"]https://forum.enb-emu...4-or-just-here/[/url]
[/quote]

Thats nothing similar to what I wanted to know. I want to know How many people were playing the day EA GAMES unplugged the game. Nothing in that thread tells me that number. I know people who are here now played it. I don't want all those people to come to this thread and start saying ME ME ME. I want to know were 100,000 people online the day it was unplugged or what??? Edited by brewen

[quote name='Blondin' timestamp='1355378358' post='68900']
At the time EA dicided to shut down ENB, active accounts were at something like 30000, not enough for EA. Sims had about 12000. And EA wanted to go with Sims as their online game, because it would be more paying.............
[/quote]

At the time EA had a shortage of coders and developers...and that was the main reason they bought out Westwood Studios...so they could kill a competitor .get a group of talent from Westwood to work for EA (they mostly went to the SIMMS online) and make that game in an easier manner in 2004-06 or so with the newer tools available and better hardware to the consumer..that is how it works you get a game up for a couple years (ST0)..your gains in graphics and such come from hardware improvements....new tool invocations to work with the hardware etc...looks like you did something with the game ..but main improvements were hardware better tools etc....that game is up a couple years gets dated...repeat....

essentially the model of "madden football" same game ....just make the flashy gains by making a new version each year to take advantage improvements in hardware and platforms and of course "cheap" underpaid new computer programmer's from univ graduates...there is a reason EA has been voted last year one of the top 5 worse corporations to work for in the world.

thus is EA's plan ....must work i read somewhere they own 87% of the game market

above opinions are my own

Searing