Information is a virtue =)

Hey all!

I know the dev's and gm's have normal jobs and working hard on the emulator aswell. But wouldn't it be cool, if atleast a line of info came out from time to time? Like now, server is down.. and noone knows why. :(

Dont get me wrong here, its very appreciated that ppl use theire freetime to work on this. Also i would be more than happy to contribute with the same amount of doe as for any other MMO (monthly payment.. say 10-15 euros/month)?, once they get it up for good, w/o murdering our toons! :)

Thanx :wub:

/Z

I am new to this, I just downloaded it this morning. And the launcher is saying offline on the server so I am going to assume that there is a problem with it right now? I have been trying to find a good space MMO and I heard about this one being brought back to life by dedicated fans. Kudos to them, I would help out though I don't know what help I would be. Anyways, I am just wondering if anyone knows when the server will be back up. If this usually takes a few hours or days. Really looking forward to the game.

Thanks.

And once I get some money going I agree, 100 dollars ((USD)) a year ((Thinking in terms of year subcribtions)) or so would be worth it.

You have found a great space MMO brought back from the dead by some truly dedicated fans. As for the server being down...nobody seems to know exactly why it is down..only that it is and has been for several hours. Rumors abound it seems. As we are in the late stages of Stress Test 3 it could be just about anything from simple server crash to moving to the new server to Alien intervention aimed at keeping us from playing :)

Alien intervention? My assumptions about what you mean are probably wrong. What do you mean moving the server?

You almost make it sound as though a company or something is attempting to stop all of this. Just curious.

Alien intervention? My assumptions about what you mean are probably wrong. What do you mean moving the server?

You almost make it sound as though a company or something is attempting to stop all of this. Just curious.

Again more "noise", but a new physical machine was supposedly purchased to replace the current one. The current one was a test box if I'm not mistaken, not intended to be the live server. Live server died Dec 19th roughly.

Nothing nearly so dire as that. The powers that be ( Our beloved Devs ) have purchased a shiny new server. ( Using donations made to the game ) We will be soon moving to that new server. ( Timetable unknown ) As for aliens and them intervening I did in fact mean aliens such as those with 6 eyes...four arms and two butts. There is no conspiracy! :)

He was making a joke. As to moving to a new server the team had collected enough via donations to allow them to purchase a very nice new server with lots of "oomph" to handle a greater workload and have plans in the works to eventually migrate us all over to that. It's quite likely when that happens it will be accompanied by a "player wipe" where all of characters will be purged and we will start over again. As you spend more time digging through these forums you will eventually find much more information like this and (hopefully) fell "caught up" with what's going on. Something else also in the works is a new portal website that should help address some of the communication issues if only via better organization of the content.

Lol I see, thanks guys. And I did not know, figured the best way to find out was to ask. Well suppose all I can do is wait like the rest of you to find out.

EA has been disappointing me lately. And I wonder how they will see this game if it truly comes back, which it seems like it will, maybe think "We made a mistake letting that game go to make...-" .. Um what did they put so much 'resources' into? Madden? Come to think of it a lot of companies are doing bad, so many are going out of business and everything. I have almost completely given up on SW Battlefront III.

>< I am going to shut up before I start ranting... More than I already am.

Lol I see, thanks guys. And I did not know, figured the best way to find out was to ask. Well suppose all I can do is wait like the rest of you to find out.

EA has been disappointing me lately. And I wonder how they will see this game if it truly comes back, which it seems like it will, maybe think "We made a mistake letting that game go to make...-" .. Um what did they put so much 'resources' into? Madden? Come to think of it a lot of companies are doing bad, so many are going out of business and everything. I have almost completely given up on SW Battlefront III.

>< I am going to shut up before I start ranting... More than I already am.

Games today are only made for money, no longer to be ''known'' worldwide with very high quality and support...

I think EA has better to do than spending millions to shut us down.

Games today are only made for money, no longer to be ''known'' worldwide with very high quality and support...

Yeah I agree. How many times will a movie come out, like Avatar, which might be good for a movie, but they then release a game for it and they do not even seem to care about how it turns out. Just as long as they make a little extra money. I still play Deus Ex and consider it better than 99% of the games coming out today.

And I wouldn't be surprised about EA trying sooner or later. WMG spent a LOT of time going after youtube. Example, if someone made a tribute to this game, and then to make it a little better added on some music, like, Idk Linkin Park, you would then be accused of copyright infringement and your video would be taken down. WMG went to the extreme with this, because they were not making money off the music someone might be listening to. Metallica had their own channel, and WMG made them take their Own music down. Basically destroy a large portion of youtube. We were never trying to pirate, the way I saw it was, someone would watch my video, be in awe, and maybe decide to go out and buy the CD of linkin park. Free promotion? I do not see how that was a problem.

Anyways, my point is, if EA sees Earth and beyond take off again, they might decide to come after all of this, just because they would not want anyone else succeeding with their game. I hope it won't happen, just depends on if they take interest or not. I know that the Emulator devs are not making money technically from this. But EA might see the donations in a different way.

Sorry again for ranting. Just bored and have too much time on my hands.

I blame the Nomo's. Their reintroduction to the community has caused not just a server loss, but also the death and rebirth of hundreds of people......I say kill them all, and bring balance to the galaxy

Exactly. they have a bioware game to ruin for thousands of others that have faith they wont screw that up like every other MMO they have touched.