Turbo Stuff From Live

Ran across this today while perusing the patch notes from Live and how Westwood normalized dps with regards to turbo.

[Quote][list]
[*][b][i]Turbo changes[/i][/b]- Weapon haste and slow effects will now adjust the rate of fire of weapons by the stated amount rather than the delay. This corrects a problem with the extremely high rates of fire when equipping multiple devices with weapon haste.
Here's how Turbo worked prior to the patch:

The Turbo game effects reduce a weapon's delay by the % specified in the game effect. So if an item has 25% turbo, it reduces the delay of your weapons by 25%.
[i]Example: A weapon that does 100 damage with a delay of 10 seconds does 10 damage per second. (100 damage / 10 seconds). With 25% turbo, this weapon would have a delay of 7.5 seconds.[/i]
[i]Its final DPS (damage per second) would be 13 (100 damage / 7.5 seconds) - 30% more DPS.

Now assume an 80% turbo:[/i]
[i]The above weapon would have a delay of 2 seconds, and a DPS of 50 (100 damage / 2 seconds) - 500% more damage.[/i]

DPS from Turbo gets exponentially higher as the % delay reduction increases. This is very bad for the balance of the game, as single players with high Turbo buffs are able to out damage an entire group of players without Turbo. This makes tuning mob encounters extremely difficult and allows players to do far more damage to mobs than intended.

Here is how Turbo works now:

If an item is listed as having 25% turbo, it will increase your DPS by 25%. Your weapons will fire faster, but not to the degree they did before this change. We have not changed the stacking rules for Turbo.
[/list]
[/quote]

taken from [url="http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/server/patchviewer.jsp-id=644.html"]http://www.earthandb...jsp-id=644.html[/url]

Nice catch Crichton, tnx for posting it here !
It was already known and the EMU formula for turbo is working exactly this way, based on this patch note.

It was a topic in the past where i wrote a LONG posting about the turbo in EMU being wrong - when "Will" pointed me to that patch note to show me that turbo is working correct in EMU (which TB confirmed).

Keep your eyes open and keep posting such findings !