Getting This Error When Trying To Launch

when I hit the launch button I get this error: Could not create backup of "rg_regdata.ini" file. Access to 'C:\Program files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\ini\rg_regdata.ini.orig is denied. Cannot seem to get past this. Is t that I have to detele my original client reinstall it, then download the net 7 program?

Great but I'm guessing you didn't refer to the MS documentation. Even the admin account under UAC will run things as a regular user unless explicitly told otherwise (e.g. right click & run as admin).

This is what UAC does. (technicial details: Account token that is issued is a normal user token, this token is upgraded to "full admin" upon request by admin account or using run as and credentials with a normal account.)

You MUST either run as admin, even on the admin account, OR disable UAC and it will work like Windows XP wherein the admin account will be able to change any file and directory by default.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1334249693' post='56705']
Even the admin account under UAC will run things as a regular user unless explicitly told otherwise (e.g. right click & run as admin).
[/quote]

:o Realy?

You need to run applications "AS ADMIN" [b]while being the admin?[/b]
Im working under Linux, so not much experience with this OS.

[i]I did read the MS documentation, everything points that I only use the admin account and the way it shows how to disable UAC, I don't have the option to do so. There is nothing under user accounts to allow me to disable UAC.[/i]

What really doesn't make sence is all this worked before the last batch or updates after July of last year. I came on just recently to see what was new and the net 7 wouldn't update so I uninstalled it thinking there was a new net7 client and this is as far as I can get now, so I have no idea what could have changed since I haven't changed anything else on this or any of my other comps. Maybe I should also say that I am running Windows XP.

[quote name='Rossdie' timestamp='1334250815' post='56707']
[i]I did read the MS documentation, everything points that I only use the admin account and the way it shows how to disable UAC, I don't have the option to do so. There is nothing under user accounts to allow me to disable UAC.[/i]
[/quote]

UAC can be disabled from control panel in the security stuff OR from msconfig in the tools tab, "Change UAC Settings" tool.

This of course only applies if you're on vista or win7 but what you're describing to a t in your first post is the lack of permissions to update files as this is exactly how it represents itself on those systems. Or at least one of the symptoms, that file failed to be updated and it is necessary to run the game. So now it really doesn't make sense since you say you're on XP. I'd recommend a reinstall of the app (both) if you haven't already tried it or maybe this weekend you can catch me on Teamspeak at some point and we can arrange a teamviewer session (if you're willing to allow me to look at the settings on the PC) and I will see what I can offer.

--

And yes, Zack, that's how UAC operates. I had tons of fun with it when I wrote the installer.

[i]yeah I guess I should have specified I was running XP in the beginning. I am definatley game for teamspeak and having you see what the problem may be as I have deleted everything and reinstalled twice and still get the same error, it will be much appreciated.[/i]